Catch area

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
Re: Catch area
Sat Mar 09, 2013 9:48 am
  • penihawk wrote:Basic physics aside, Justin Hunter had 9 TD's last year on a bad team when against good competition. 6 of the 9 came against Georgia State and Troy so unless your gonna get him in the 4th round I will pass. One year of major college football does not make a polished route runner or a NFL wr.

:229031_cheers:

Good point.

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:39 pm
  • penihawk wrote:Basic physics aside, Justin Hunter had 9 TD's last year on a bad team when against good competition. 6 of the 9 came against Georgia State and Troy so unless your gonna get him in the 4th round I will pass. One year of major college football does not make a polished route runner or a NFL wr.

That is why most teams project players... Tim Ruskell didn't .... He got fired.
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:27 pm
  • I get what you're saying luker.....some guys catch better at full extension than others, thus giving you a better catch radius.

The only metric they've been able to put on "good hands" is hand size, which isn't exact. The intangible I've heard many times for this is "concentration".

I haven't scouted either player, but some guys can catch the ball farther away from the body than others, and it has nothing to do with hand size. I don't know a metric that measures hand-eye coordination.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:40 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information