Hey, at least he's honest

Biggiec76

Reaction score
Excuse me but what are we going to do at outside linebacker, leroy is pretty much gone and the guys behind them make great backups but no one has impressed me.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
So... the Seahawks GM and Head Coach have been talking about improving the pass rush all off season.

And the B******r R****t guys don't even list a defensive player in the top three needs?

A right tackle? Did they do their homework?

Well, clearly not. But I suppose all that matters is every time you google 'Seattle Seahawks' this video pops up to make the people who own B******r R****t even more money. Because that's what's important. More money for the people who own B******r R****t.

polarbill1999

Reaction score
Isn't bleacher report just a blog that anybody can write in about? At least as far as following college football recruiting it is a joke and completely worthless. Is it the same for NFL football?

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":23e1yms3 said:
So... the Seahawks GM and Head Coach have been talking about improving the pass rush all off season.

And the B******r R****t guys don't even list a defensive player in the top three needs?

A right tackle? Did they do their homework?

Well, clearly not. But I suppose all that matters is every time you google 'Seattle Seahawks' this video pops up to make the people who own B******r R****t even more money. Because that's what's important. More money for the people who own B******r R****t.

Let me just say that I have a whole new appreciation for BR. :p

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
I know that most of us don't like BR including me but they did not do a horrible job in this video. I understand that we need pass rushers and they clearly missed on those positions but WR and TE are not horrible choices in top rounds.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":12xdy9sh said:
I know that most of us don't like BR including me but they did not do a horrible job in this video. I understand that we need pass rushers and they clearly missed on those positions but WR and TE are not horrible choices in top rounds.

Agreed. I think some of you so set in stone on DT/DE at #25 may be in for a surprise.

If anything, one thing we should have learned by now is to not be surprised by anything that happens in the draft w/ John and Pete, especially in the first roound. I could easily see them going playmaker with the first pick depending on who is on the board.

And again, people seem to always forget that free agency comes before the draft. A better time to do draft assessments is after free agency so we can see how the team looks. If we sign a DT and DE in free agency, I have a hard time believing we will also spend our top two draft picks on the same positions. Yes, Pete has talked about improving the pass rush...that could mean in free agency or with an adjustment to the scheme, with Quinn has already talked about.

Just my :twocents: I still doubt they go WR or TE in the first round, but I wouldn't be shocked depending on what we do in free agency.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Sorry, but this was a piece about Seattle's draft needs. Not a piece about Seattle's draft needs-but-we'll-see-what-happens-in-free-agency. To not even include the defensive line within the top three needs undermines the whole thing and shows they haven't done any homework.

They aren't projecting the next zany move by Pete and John. They're talking about pure needs. To ignore the defensive line is like ignoring quarterback as an option for Arizona or Buffalo. Whether the Seahawks take a DT or DE in round one or not, it needed to be mentioned here. Especially over right tackle, which I think we'll all accept isn't a likely option.

It's a rubbish video. And you know, the bit where Miller acknowledges Schneider knows more than him... it still arrogantly presumes you've seen his 'Russell Wilson is the worst pick in the draft' video. Most people won't even know why he said that bit at the end. He'd probably write an article discussing why he got it wrong, but he has an important 'Top 50 quarterbacks with the letter T in their name' piece to write. Slideshow, of course.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":tffmzc6q said:
Sorry, but this was a piece about Seattle's draft needs. Not a piece about Seattle's draft needs-but-we'll-see-what-happens-in-free-agency. To not even include the defensive line within the top three needs undermines the whole thing and shows they haven't done any homework.

They aren't projecting the next zany move by Pete and John. They're talking about pure needs. To ignore the defensive line is like ignoring quarterback as an option for Arizona or Buffalo. Whether the Seahawks take a DT or DE in round one or not, it needed to be mentioned here. Especially over right tackle, which I think we'll all accept isn't a likely option.

It's a rubbish video. And you know, the bit where Miller acknowledges Schneider knows more than him... it still arrogantly presumes you've seen his 'Russell Wilson is the worst pick in the draft' video. Most people won't even know why he said that bit at the end. He'd probably write an article discussing why he got it wrong, but he has an important 'Top 50 quarterbacks with the letter T in their name' piece to write. Slideshow, of course.

You seem to have something personal against them, so I can't help you there. But of course we have to take anything produced for Bleacher Report with a grain of salt.

Also, free agency and the draft are completely intertwined - you know that.

Rob, you seem to get really edgy/defensive/combative with people that don't fall lock step in with your assessments. Maybe it just comes across that way on the internet or something, but I've noticed you chafe pretty easily. Is WR such a reach in Round 1?? I don't think so...and I doubt Pete and John do either. It really depends on who is sitting there. You do great work on the draft, we all realize that - but don't let that make you so intransigent. :thirishdrinkers:

James Carpenter (2011) was a surprise pick, and at a position most people didn't expect they would draft. Bruce Irvin (2012) was a surprise pick.

Be prepared for a surprise, even though as armchair amateur draft experts think we know what their "needs" are.

I like the different angles, it keeps it fun.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":3drq78ax said:
You seem to have something personal against them, so I can't help you there. But of course we have to take anything produced for Bleacher Report with a grain of salt.

Also, free agency and the draft are completely intertwined - you know that.

Rob, you seem to get really edgy/defensive/combative with people that don't fall lock step in with your assessments. Maybe it just comes across that way on the internet or something, but I've noticed you chafe pretty easily. Is WR such a reach in Round 1?? I don't think so...and I doubt Pete and John do either. It really depends on who is sitting there. You do great work on the draft, we all realize that - but don't let that make you so intransigent. :thirishdrinkers:

James Carpenter (2011) was a surprise pick, and at a position most people didn't expect they would draft. Bruce Irvin (2012) was a surprise pick.

Be prepared for a surprise, even though as armchair amateur draft experts think we know what their "needs" are.

I like the different angles, it keeps it fun.

1. I have a major issue with B******r R****t. I think that site is the devil incarnate. I think they're flooding the journalism market with irrelevant crap, sometimes written by people who can't even string a proper sentence together, because anyone can write for B/R. I usually wouldn't care, but there's no getting away from it. Anyone who uses google a lot will know how frustrating that web site is. Nothing personal against either of the two people in this video (I don't even know who the other guy is). But as a journalist who also blogs, I think B/R is pushing a lot of relevant professionals and well written articles into the background for "Top ten reasons why Tom Brady has nice hair".

2. I never argued free agency and the draft weren't intertwined. The suggestion was made that FA might change Seattle's needs. That angle was never brought to the table in this video. They are discussing Seattle's needs as of today and missed out the big old white elephant in the room. That's why I said it was rubbish.

3. I enjoy a joust. Who doesn't? I have strong views. I don't whine when people disagree with my take on a subject. Some people don't like that, but that's cool. I think this video misses out Seattle's biggest needs and therefore suggested it was rubbish. If that's 'chafing' then colour me chafed.

4. I never argued that receiver wasn't an option in R1. I do not think right tackle will be considered anywhere near this team's 'big needs' for the current off season.

5. Nearly all of Seattle's early picks have been predictable so far in terms of position. It's the names taken that are the surprise. Both me and Kip went LT/S in round one in 2010, and anyone visiting this forum probably would've done the same based on the info we all received from you know who. In 2011 Carroll banged on about needing to improve the #31 ranked rushing offense. He drafts two big OL's with the first two picks. No major shock there, but the name of James Carpenter was a surprise. In 2012, PC says speed in the front seven is a big need. We draft Irvin and Wagner with the first two picks. Irvin was the shock of the first round, but the fact Seattle drafted a pass rusher was not. Now he's saying we must get the defensive line sorted. So sure, it might be another wildcard (guy like Corey Lemonier for example) but based on Carroll/Schneider's up front honesty so far, we're likely to be taking a DLer early. No guarantees of course, but it's a fair old shout. In this video, it's not even among the top three team needs. Which again, is why I said it was rubish.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Lol, how do you really feel? :p

If I had to guess, I'd agree that DL early fits. I guess my point is just, for once, I won't be mouth agape if they do something out of the blue.

I do think we draft an OL, we always do. But I agree, I doubt it's a priority.

I'm looking forward to this draft more than any other just for the wide range of potential.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Biggiec76":3eabweh9 said:
Excuse me but what are we going to do at outside linebacker, leroy is pretty much gone and the guys behind them make great backups but no one has impressed me.

Draft some LBers.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":hl0pv83e said:
Rob, you seem to get really edgy/defensive/combative with people that don't fall lock step in with your assessments. Maybe it just comes across that way on the internet or something, but I've noticed you chafe pretty easily.

Just quoting this for relevance. It is one of the reason that I have him on ignore despite the draft research that he does.

Besides, this video was placed on youtube last month. January 14th to be exact, so almost two months ago. A lot of their footage/coverage was before #91 went down. If you notice in the background their are highlights of the Seahawks and Bills playing. I believe this is when Breno was still iffy, Miller was not targeted as much, etc.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":38v8ydd3 said:
Just quoting this for relevance. It is one of the reason that I have him on ignore despite the draft research that he does.

TinyViolin

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
BR--hell I hate them so much I stopped reading CNN (they dumped SI as their sports section and went with BR---who da fugue thought that was a good idea? Accountants, probably).

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
Whoa, this thread did not go the way I thought it would. Regardless, a fun read.

My cousin tried to get me to write for Bleacher report. I laughed and said "no way," but truthfully if I did I wouldn't be the best writer on that site. Though its true that the site has hundreds of writers with most of them being pretty crappy, there are a few true talents who write there. I do stumble across a phenomenal read there from time to time, by someone that deserves to be writing for something much better than BR. Obviously, Matt Miller isn't one of them. Seems like a decent dude, but I kind of get the feeling he just reads scouting reports and regurgitates what he reads instead of doing his own scouting. I've never heard him say something about a prospect that was against the grain or unique or insightful. Ever. And everything he says sounds very canned.

I think he tries to act like an expert because braggadocio is part of the "draft expert" formula (Mel Kiper is great at it), but I don't hold that against him. I think he's just trying to fit in with the Mel Kiper's of the world. I think he's just a guy doing this because he thinks it's fun, just like the rest of us.

SuperHawks

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":317e9dv2 said:
FlyingGreg":317e9dv2 said:
Rob, you seem to get really edgy/defensive/combative with people that don't fall lock step in with your assessments. Maybe it just comes across that way on the internet or something, but I've noticed you chafe pretty easily.

Besides, this video was placed on youtube last month. January 14th to be exact, so almost two months ago. A lot of their footage/coverage was before #91 went down. If you notice in the background their are highlights of the Seahawks and Bills playing. I believe this is when Breno was still iffy, Miller was not targeted as much, etc.

How do you put someone on ignore?