Seahawks Wouldn't Draft A Slow Manti Te'o, Right?

RylandTheHawk

Reaction score
I hang out with some college football players "connected" with a variety of NFL players, and over dinner I heard a rumor that the Seahawks were looking at Manti Te'o in the second round. As a studious football fan, I argued that Te'o makes no sense even as a weak-side linebacker for the Seahawks as he ran a 4.82 in the 40-yard dash at the Combine. Lofa Tatupu ran a 4.83 in the 2005 Combine and Leroy Hill ran a 4.65 in the 2005 Combine. It's well known that Pete Carroll likes fast linebackers in his defensive scheme.

Te'o who was previously known for his heart, instincts, leadership ability, and passion also has gone through a rough patch of luck with the Internet hoax and a "no-show" in the BCS title game.

Would the Seahawks buck all conventional wisdom and draft Te'o in the April Draft?

For a full discussion, check out this link.

Throwdown

Reaction score
He'd get abused in our division, the SF O-line would dominate him, and St. Louis with their quick passing game would make him look worse than Aaron Curry. I'm not even worried about the possibility.

kearly

Reaction score
I dunno. What say you John Harbaugh?

Harbaughhatesteo

SuperHawks

Reaction score
He'll be long gone by our second round pick so it's a moot point.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Not a fit schematically or draft order wise. I figure he'll go early second.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well given that Harbaugh was shaking his head well before the 40 he had to look bad, looking at how he runs it's almost straight up and down and little forward lean to him. If he runs like that on the field he would be able to be knocked around pretty easlily.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
I know the author wants blog hits, which is ok. I kind of have a problem with him piggybacking off of this forums name, and I think the idea that the Hawks are going to take a Mike in the 2nd is laughable. Dismissing his lack of footspeed to link him to Pete and John ignores a ton of facts about the linebackers they have drafted so far in their tenure.

I will go out am a pretty safe limb and say that if he is there in the 2nd the Seahawks walk on by. And the third. Any team with Kaepernick in its sights better have linebackers who can cover VD and chase down a fast QB. Te'o is not that, pure and simple, no matter what some college players hinted at.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
RylandTheHawk":1wkkuioi said:
I hang out with some college football players "connected" with a variety of NFL players, and over dinner I heard a rumor that the Seahawks were looking at Manti Te'o in the second round. As a studious football fan, I argued that Te'o makes no sense even as a weak-side linebacker for the Seahawks as he ran a 4.82 in the 40-yard dash at the Combine. Lofa Tatupu ran a 4.83 in the 2005 Combine and Leroy Hill ran a 4.65 in the 2005 Combine. It's well known that Pete Carroll likes fast linebackers in his defensive scheme.

Te'o who was previously known for his heart, instincts, leadership ability, and passion also has gone through a rough patch of luck with the Internet hoax and a "no-show" in the BCS title game.

Would the Seahawks buck all conventional wisdom and draft Te'o in the April Draft?

For a full discussion, check out this link.

PC and JS didn't draft those players. You asked a question in your title then followed it with Lofa and Leroy as proof.....doesn't work...just sayin.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
chris98251":2k4tuff4 said:
Well given that Harbaugh was shaking his head well before the 40 he had to look bad, looking at how he runs it's almost straight up and down and little forward lean to him. If he runs like that on the field he would be able to be knocked around pretty easlily.
That clip above actually fan edited and not the original. Harbaugh made that face while watching Rich Eisen off the NFLN run a forty yard dash. Someone just put Te'o forty in instead ;)

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":2lmqiaiy said:
chris98251":2lmqiaiy said:
That clip above actually fan edited and not the original. Harbaugh made that face while watching Rich Eisen off the NFLN run a forty yard dash. Someone just put Te'o forty in instead ;)

How could Harbaugh have made that face before Eisen ran the 40?

The clip is indeed legit. That was his reaction.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/0 ... s_harbaugh

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1jf728yd said:
Recon_Hawk":1jf728yd said:
chris98251":1jf728yd said:

How could Harbaugh have made that face before Eisen ran the 40?

The clip is indeed legit. That was his reaction.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/0 ... s_harbaugh

Seems your right Hasselbeck. I stand corrected. The clip I saw during the combine was the same reaction clip by Harbaugh but it was set up side-by-side with Eisen's forty time, so I guess the Eisen clip I saw on NFLN must have been the edited version of Te'o.