Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Seahawks Wouldn't Draft A Slow Manti Te'o, Right?
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:49 pm 
NET Bench Warmer
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:49 pm
Posts: 19
I hang out with some college football players "connected" with a variety of NFL players, and over dinner I heard a rumor that the Seahawks were looking at Manti Te'o in the second round. As a studious football fan, I argued that Te'o makes no sense even as a weak-side linebacker for the Seahawks as he ran a 4.82 in the 40-yard dash at the Combine. Lofa Tatupu ran a 4.83 in the 2005 Combine and Leroy Hill ran a 4.65 in the 2005 Combine. It's well known that Pete Carroll likes fast linebackers in his defensive scheme.

Te'o who was previously known for his heart, instincts, leadership ability, and passion also has gone through a rough patch of luck with the Internet hoax and a "no-show" in the BCS title game.

Would the Seahawks buck all conventional wisdom and draft Te'o in the April Draft?

For a full discussion, check out this link.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seahawks Wouldn't Draft A Slow Manti Te'o, Right?
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:57 pm 
* NET Baller *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
Posts: 17443
Location: Graham, WA
He'd get abused in our division, the SF O-line would dominate him, and St. Louis with their quick passing game would make him look worse than Aaron Curry. I'm not even worried about the possibility.

_________________
Image
3elieve


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seahawks Wouldn't Draft A Slow Manti Te'o, Right?
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:30 pm 
* Mr Random Thought *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:44 am
Posts: 9831
I dunno. What say you John Harbaugh?

Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seahawks Wouldn't Draft A Slow Manti Te'o, Right?
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:46 pm 
NET Starter
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri May 01, 2009 10:32 am
Posts: 335
He'll be long gone by our second round pick so it's a moot point.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seahawks Wouldn't Draft A Slow Manti Te'o, Right?
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:07 pm 
NET Veteran
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:00 pm
Posts: 1141
Not a fit schematically or draft order wise. I figure he'll go early second.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seahawks Wouldn't Draft A Slow Manti Te'o, Right?
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:08 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:53 am
Posts: 2291
Jeeze I hope not. I want nothing to do with him in any round


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seahawks Wouldn't Draft A Slow Manti Te'o, Right?
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:27 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 2:09 pm
Posts: 3408
Honestly, I wouldn't even want us to draft a fast Manti Te'o


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seahawks Wouldn't Draft A Slow Manti Te'o, Right?
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:36 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
Posts: 9195
Location: Renton Wa.
Well given that Harbaugh was shaking his head well before the 40 he had to look bad, looking at how he runs it's almost straight up and down and little forward lean to him. If he runs like that on the field he would be able to be knocked around pretty easlily.

_________________
Image

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
Used to be an Alumni till they pulled a USC on me...
.Net official Clueless, Dumbass, Douche, Simpleton, CensoredTard , Idiot, member of the 38 club.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seahawks Wouldn't Draft A Slow Manti Te'o, Right?
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:46 am 
*Scott of Smacksville*
*Scott of Smacksville*
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am
Posts: 10046
I know the author wants blog hits, which is ok. I kind of have a problem with him piggybacking off of this forums name, and I think the idea that the Hawks are going to take a Mike in the 2nd is laughable. Dismissing his lack of footspeed to link him to Pete and John ignores a ton of facts about the linebackers they have drafted so far in their tenure.

I will go out am a pretty safe limb and say that if he is there in the 2nd the Seahawks walk on by. And the third. Any team with Kaepernick in its sights better have linebackers who can cover VD and chase down a fast QB. Te'o is not that, pure and simple, no matter what some college players hinted at.

_________________
SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seahawks Wouldn't Draft A Slow Manti Te'o, Right?
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:35 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:14 am
Posts: 2234
RylandTheHawk wrote:
I hang out with some college football players "connected" with a variety of NFL players, and over dinner I heard a rumor that the Seahawks were looking at Manti Te'o in the second round. As a studious football fan, I argued that Te'o makes no sense even as a weak-side linebacker for the Seahawks as he ran a 4.82 in the 40-yard dash at the Combine. Lofa Tatupu ran a 4.83 in the 2005 Combine and Leroy Hill ran a 4.65 in the 2005 Combine. It's well known that Pete Carroll likes fast linebackers in his defensive scheme.

Te'o who was previously known for his heart, instincts, leadership ability, and passion also has gone through a rough patch of luck with the Internet hoax and a "no-show" in the BCS title game.

Would the Seahawks buck all conventional wisdom and draft Te'o in the April Draft?

For a full discussion, check out this link.


PC and JS didn't draft those players. You asked a question in your title then followed it with Lofa and Leroy as proof.....doesn't work...just sayin.

_________________
The artist formerly known as T-Sizzle


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seahawks Wouldn't Draft A Slow Manti Te'o, Right?
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:41 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:01 pm
Posts: 1880
Location: Vancouver, Wa
chris98251 wrote:
Well given that Harbaugh was shaking his head well before the 40 he had to look bad, looking at how he runs it's almost straight up and down and little forward lean to him. If he runs like that on the field he would be able to be knocked around pretty easlily.

That clip above actually fan edited and not the original. Harbaugh made that face while watching Rich Eisen off the NFLN run a forty yard dash. Someone just put Te'o forty in instead ;)

_________________
I got passion for my Hawks and I ain't afraid to show it


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seahawks Wouldn't Draft A Slow Manti Te'o, Right?
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:43 pm 
* Mr Random Thought *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:44 am
Posts: 9831
I thought it was hilarious.


Last edited by kearly on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seahawks Wouldn't Draft A Slow Manti Te'o, Right?
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:33 pm 
* NET Sage *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 4:55 pm
Posts: 4317
Recon_Hawk wrote:
chris98251 wrote:
Well given that Harbaugh was shaking his head well before the 40 he had to look bad, looking at how he runs it's almost straight up and down and little forward lean to him. If he runs like that on the field he would be able to be knocked around pretty easlily.

That clip above actually fan edited and not the original. Harbaugh made that face while watching Rich Eisen off the NFLN run a forty yard dash. Someone just put Te'o forty in instead ;)


How could Harbaugh have made that face before Eisen ran the 40?

The clip is indeed legit. That was his reaction.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/0 ... s_harbaugh

_________________
February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seahawks Wouldn't Draft A Slow Manti Te'o, Right?
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:41 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:13 am
Posts: 7856
Hasselbeck wrote:
The clip is indeed legit. That was his reaction.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/0 ... s_harbaugh


That's a pretty incredible video.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seahawks Wouldn't Draft A Slow Manti Te'o, Right?
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:02 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:01 pm
Posts: 1880
Location: Vancouver, Wa
Hasselbeck wrote:
Recon_Hawk wrote:
chris98251 wrote:
Well given that Harbaugh was shaking his head well before the 40 he had to look bad, looking at how he runs it's almost straight up and down and little forward lean to him. If he runs like that on the field he would be able to be knocked around pretty easlily.

That clip above actually fan edited and not the original. Harbaugh made that face while watching Rich Eisen off the NFLN run a forty yard dash. Someone just put Te'o forty in instead ;)


How could Harbaugh have made that face before Eisen ran the 40?

The clip is indeed legit. That was his reaction.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/0 ... s_harbaugh


Seems your right Hasselbeck. I stand corrected. The clip I saw during the combine was the same reaction clip by Harbaugh but it was set up side-by-side with Eisen's forty time, so I guess the Eisen clip I saw on NFLN must have been the edited version of Te'o.

_________________
I got passion for my Hawks and I ain't afraid to show it


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Seahawks Wouldn't Draft A Slow Manti Te'o, Right?
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:12 pm 
* Mr Random Thought *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:44 am
Posts: 9831
Hasselbeck wrote:
How could Harbaugh have made that face before Eisen ran the 40?

The clip is indeed legit. That was his reaction.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/0 ... s_harbaugh


Dayum.

Image

That's some cold shit.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: IndyHawk and 9 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.