Trade up possibility

billio155

Reaction score
Hey all, I read this page nearly everyday. Kearly, I have learned a ton from your insight. That being said, I wanted to post something that has been gnawing at me the last couple days I think there is a very real chance we will trade up into either the first round or the second round to get a difference maker. We have ten draft picks. That's ten new players,(plus free agents) competing for how many spots? Maybe 3 and at a maximum 5 spots. We are not a team who needs a lot of young depth to flush new energy into a veteran laden team. We are a team chocked full of young talent at nearly every position. We are very flush with cap space, so any perceived weakness should be addressed with mid level free agent talent...as always. So what are going to use those 10 picks on? I see us moving up in the first round to grab an offensive difference maker. Austin is the first player who comes to mind...a player that can just gash opposing D's for big yards. So what do you think?

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
I just don't see it, at least not for Austin. Don't get me wrong, he's a heck of a player, but it would be too costly a move for a player that won't see the field for more than half of the total offensive snaps, if even that many. Too much value at our current spot, IMO. Any other top-heavy year (at least in perception), I might bite.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
I could certainly see us trading up, but not for a guy like Austin, and maybe not in the first round. I could see us grabbing 4 picks in the first 3 rounds and going DE, LB, WR and DT, and in those positions I like Datone Jones/Carradine (also liking what's being shown on Lemonier!), Arthur Brown/Khaseem Greene, Swope/Williams/Wheaton and B. Williams. If we could grab four of those players in their respective positions in the first 3 rounds, a little bit of wee might come out.