How would you feel about drafting these players

Lady Talon

Reaction score
Would love getting Trufant. I wouldn't want Te'o in a Seahawks uniform if he was available in the 7th round, my blood pressure would explode from worry at him having the defensive mic. Why catfish our own defense with an overhyped gullible fool like him when we can get a good will later on and let the runner up for DROY improve where he is?

chris98251

Reaction score
Funny people were screaming for a Nickel CB to replace Trufant, here's a guy that is one of the top guys and yet we don't need a CB ?

I agree that you don't waste a high pick on a nickel, but there is a need.

kearly

Reaction score
Trufant is not a 1st round prospect IMO. Nice player, safe pick, not a star. Seems like 2nd and 3rd round corners often get sucked up into the 1st round though, so I can't criticize a team that takes him in round 1 that much. Unless that team is Seattle, but that won't happen.

I don't trust Te'o as a human, but that's beside the point. On tape, I think he has phenomenal instincts and great lateral quickness but his lack of speed could be a big problem, as the Alabama game might have proved. Very 1 dimensional middle linebacker. He might need to go to a 3-4 since a 4-3 might ask too much of him in the middle.

Hawk Finn

Reaction score
Lady Talon":g13a6bbe said:
Would love getting Trufant. I wouldn't want Te'o in a Seahawks uniform if he was available in the 7th round, my blood pressure would explode from worry at him having the defensive mic. Why catfish our own defense with an overhyped gullible fool like him when we can get a good will later on and let the runner up for DROY improve where he is?

So, you are of the opinion that we will be good will hunting on day 2?

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
chris98251":1x45b4b6 said:
Funny people were screaming for a Nickel CB to replace Trufant, here's a guy that is one of the top guys and yet we don't need a CB ?

I'm the only one who's said we don't need a corner so far and I don't recall screaming for a nickel replacement.

We have a lot of young cornerback talent. I'll roll with Lane or Thurmond in the nickel. And I'd look to draft Sanders Commings at some point because I just like the way he plays. But is nickel corner a first round level need? Of course it isn't.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
Hawk Finn":p0qwpewp said:
Lady Talon":p0qwpewp said:

So, you are of the opinion that we will be good will hunting on day 2?

Either that or throwing the dice at Phillip Wheeler or a scheme problem LB off one of the teams converting to a 34.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I don't want either in round one. Their fit to this team is not near the value they are being considered at.

Teo seems like he'd have the skills lofa had but would bring better size but after all these issues his leadership ability in the NFL will take a big hit.

Trufant has great size and speed, but is now considered a 1st round pick and with Lane and Maxwell showing well, and WT3 back we are not so thin at CB we need to spend a 1st on a CB. DT,DE, WLB, WR, and TE are all higher priorities in my mind.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Tru seems to be a hot name right now, but I would take poyer over him. And you can get him in the 2-3 round.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
chris98251":16ake68e said:

Why spend a 1st round pick on a nickel, Trufant doesn't have the size to be a starting corner in our scheme.

McGruff

Reaction score
chris98251":1shzjtc5 said:

Not to mention we have a 29 year free agent Starting CB next year. We need to think about drafting for the future as well as the present.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3j5rgbit said:
chris98251":3j5rgbit said:

I'm the only one who's said we don't need a corner so far and I don't recall screaming for a nickel replacement.

We have a lot of young cornerback talent. I'll roll with Lane or Thurmond in the nickel. And I'd look to draft Sanders Commings at some point because I just like the way he plays. But is nickel corner a first round level need? Of course it isn't.
I'm concerned with Nickle simply because, as bad as we all could see how much of a liability Marcus Trufant was, he kept getting the call from the defensive staff each week he was available. That leaves me to think they weren't happy with the 'young talent' we had. Not sure why, because I disagreed with that decision. Of course, now that Bradley is gone and Trufant is a FA, maybe the point is moot.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":1pef8lk2 said:
chris98251":1pef8lk2 said:

Why spend a 1st round pick on a nickel, Trufant doesn't have the size to be a starting corner in our scheme.

I agree with not spending a first round pick on a pure nickel corner (or any corner for that matter), but I think it's a misconception that any starting corner in the Hawks needs to be 6' 2" or taller. Remember, the first cb drafted under Pete and John was Walter Thurmond who stands 5' 11" and was the unofficial starter heading into the 2011 season before he injured his ankle. They aren't afraid of average size DBs if they can play ball.

Sherman and Browner, in a sense, fell into this teams lap and Pete has wisely adapted since then (much more press coverage), but I don't think Pete and John have completely gone away from the same mentality they had when choosing WT3. Fast, tough, average size DBs can be starters.

With that said, hellz naw to both Trufant or Te'o. We have bigger needs. And can we please stop with the idea to move Wagner to WLB. Please?