An off the wall thought of a draft possibility.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Russell Wilson has indicted he thought something big will happen, or words to that effect. That remark interpretted as perhaps an announcement of an upcoming visit from the stork in the young Wilson family may be another in clues or possible misdirection of the front office. Curious comment perhaps meaningless, but in the past the QB has had some inside knowledge of the draft plans of which there are likely many, and subject to change the team may also give RW a heads up so he doesn't feel threatened.

Lets assume for discussion that one way or another that Flynn is traded or released leading up to the draft. What then at backup?

We all know that Pete likes Barkley and many here wanted him last year. Barkley seems to be dropping in the draft and now appears a late first round or early round two pick. Assuming as well he falls to 25. Wouldn't it be a big move to draft Barkley at 25? Isn't another unpredictable draft move likely to be panned by those who think they know what P &J will do? Wouldn't adding Barkley give the team two solid young QBs @ a lower cost than we presently are paying? I know some here would be outraged at the thought of this but the idea of this makes available a large amount of cap to re-up the upcoming renewals. It gives the team another athletic QB one who while not experienced may offer not a total loss of hope if RW goes down, along with legit competition for RW. Finally come contract renewal time the team has a potentially valuable trade piece with Barkley.

Clearly Wilson comment was made before the recent Smith trade so maybe it's out date now. Maybe just the uncertainty of a clear candidate at 25 has me wondering. Picking him up would ensure he doesn't become a divisional rival in AZ or a backup in SFallowing them the same benefits. Maybe I just :thirishdrinkers: had a few too many tonight.

chris98251

Reaction score
I don't think you draft a player to avoid a rival from getting him, also a 1st round pick on a player that you will not on paper use since you have Wilson is a throw a way pick unless you want to trade Wilson.

Where you could sure garner some draft picks you would outrage the team, the fans and just about every expert would be wondering if we had lost our marbles.

kearly

Reaction score
jammerhawk":15vipx5c said:
Russell Wilson has indicted he thought something big will happen, or words to that effect.

He was referring to the unveiling of his QB camp which will tour 5 cities this summer.

pinksheets

Reaction score
kearly":a8ib524z said:
jammerhawk":a8ib524z said:
Russell Wilson has indicted he thought something big will happen, or words to that effect.

He was referring to the unveiling of his QB camp which will tour 5 cities this summer.
But unfortunately twitter's character limit stopped him from adding "with backup QB Matt Barkley LOL F U CARDINALS AND EVERY LAST ONE OF YOU 14 CARDINALS FANS."

hedgehawk

Reaction score
Wouldn't shock me if they took a Safety in round 1 that they thought highly of. My off the wall prediction.

Latest posts