Corey Lemonier goes 15th overall in Russ Lande's latest mock

kearly

Reaction score
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/NFP ... on-70.html

Lande has said outrageous things before (indeed, there are other eyebrow raisers in his mock), but I wonder if he's hearing 1st round rumblings to make a statement so bold. Lemonier = 2013 Bruce Irvin? Coincidentally, Irvin also went 15th overall last year.

TheWebHead

Reaction score
He also has Menelik Watson to the Rams and the Seahawks picking Quinton Patton at #25... They met with Patton but I'd be shocked they'd pick him that high. 6', 4.53 speed doesn't equate to first round, imo. If he's there at their 2nd round pick I'd take him. Also like Aaron Dobson in that spot, has some size, good hands albeit smallish for someone 6'3, hopefully he can workout for Marshall's pro day after a hamstring pull nixed combine

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Stranger things have happened for sure, although I reckon this is more a reaction to Lemonier's combine than anything.

And the Nassib love still baffles me completely. There's nothing on tape to warrant the 'best player in the draft' status that Lande has bestowed upon him, while he comes across as a tetchy monotonous bore in his interviews, so I'm also not buying these 'outstanding intangibles'.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
After putting a lot of thought into this, I could see it happening. There are a TON of 3-4 teams looking for pass rushers in round 1 this year. Browns, Jets, Saints, Steelers. The Colts and Chargers are 3-4 teams and could be considering a pass rusher early as well. After Deon Jordan and Barkevious Mingo are gone, you don't have a ton of 3-4 pass rushers left (assuming that Jones falls out of the 1st from his neck). That could really help the second tier prospects get overdrafted. I could see it. And frankly, if Mingo "deserves" to be a top 15 pick, Lemonier deserves it even more.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Just gone back and looked at some 2011 Lemonier tape (when Auburn didn't suck). Man, that guy can play. I think he got consumed in how bad the Tigers became in 2012, nobody was playing well for that team. But you go back 12 months and he looks like Bruce Irvin.

So I agree with Lande here, I think there's a legit chance Lemonier goes in round one.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Lemonier has the build and athleticism to warrant comparisons to Aldon Smith. That will move a guy on up.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I have a Lemonier Love Affair! Man I love watching this guy play. You put on the Corey vs Clemson tape and he starts kicking ass right away. There is a lot of fight to his game and he always brings it to the opponent, instead of the opponent bringing it to him. I've started watching prospects highlights and so far, nobody has excited me as much as Lemonier. He's just fun to watch, has great measurable, 6'3", 255# 34.5" arms 10.125" hands, 4.6 - 40, 27 reps on the bench, 33" vertical...okay, 9'11" broad, 4.40 shuttle, and 7.14 cone. Nothing to sneeze at that's for sure :D

If things go the way they are, (Rang has him as a 4th rounder) I'd pick Kawaan at 25 and Lemonier at 56. If I was unsure, I'd reach for Corey at 25 and be damn happy!

Rangs DE ranks: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2013/DE

Corey vs Clemson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FM2XdkoiiUI

And I say yes to Rob's question of "Could Lemonier be this year's Irvin?

http://seahawksdraftblog.com/corey-lemonier-could-be-this-years-bruce-irvin

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Right now I've got Datone Jones as option A and Lemonier as option B for Seattle in R1. Just my guess as things stand before FA.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
he's clearly a genius because he has Nassib as the first QB taken.

justafan

Reaction score
I know he was on a couple big boards as a 1st rounder at the beginning of the 12 season based on the year he had in 11.Not sure what happened to his sack numbers.I know ESPN had him there at one time.
Usually a player with his ability and hustle will get his share of cheap sacks or second effort sacks but they didn't fall his way.
This is one of those players where the group think from the draft websites will drop him all the way down to a 5th or 6th rounder but as the pros scouts start leaking who they like to some of the media he starts moving up to where he should have been all along.
Not saying he will be a 1st rounder but it wouldn't surprise me to see him taken before our 2nd pick.
This would be a pick that the hawks make where half the board says WTF were they thinking and the draft sights say it was a huge reach they could have had him as a 4th rounder.
I don't see the Aldon Smith comparison on video or production but the kid comes to play every play

Just read your article at your draft blog good write up.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":pgtymrcx said:
he's clearly a genius because he has Nassib as the first QB taken.

He also had Donte Paige-Moss in his top-20 right until the end. Remember him?

justafan

Reaction score
I don't know anyone who makes an accurate mock.Its like golf you hit a couple of good shots and you feel pretty good about your game right before you start rippin them into the trees again.
The number of people who can predict whats inside all these 22 year olds mind and hearts then predict what 32 coaches,32 gms and all the scouts are thinking about who they want accurately is exactly 0.
I don't care if its Lande or Bill Walsh, somewhere along the line the draft process has made you look like a dummy for certain picks. Its all part of the gig

two dog

Reaction score
Lemon-Wa would fit right in with the N'awlins culture.

By the time free agency is over, teams will be looking for positions different
than what they are now. We will revise our favorites lists as well.

One thing easily guaranteed is that you will scratch your head and say WTF
sometime in the first round. The media does not scout for NFL teams.

Latest posts