Nostra-Chawker

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
Nostra-Chawker
Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:43 am
  • After sitting up all night starring into my bowl of water, certain visions of JS and PC war room came to me in the night. Visions of much rejoice echoed throughout the pacific north west, leaving the rest of the NFC west team wondering how are we going compete? OK no more BS heres my picks.

RD 1 Zach Ertz TE Optional pick Tyler Eifert
    RD2 Sean Porter LB Optional pick Jamie Collin or Chase Thomas
    RD3 Markus Wheaton WR Optional pick Chris Harper
    RD4 Cornelius Washington DE Optional pick David Bass
    RD5 Tharold Simon CB Optional pick Micah Hyde
    RD5 Kwame Geathers DT Optional pick Gilbert Pena
    RD6 Knile Davis RB Optional pick Zach Stacy
    RD7 Dustin Hopkins PK Optional pick Celeb Strurgis
    RD7 Collin Klein QB Optional pick Jeff Tuel
    RD7 Joplo Bartu LB Optional pick ....momentarily lost reception.
    But don't fear there was great cheers that went up across the land.
    2013-2014 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS
    Chawker
    NET Veteran

Re: Nostra-Chawker
Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:51 am
  • I went TE in rd 1 based off of RW performance in the pro bowl. Went LB in rd 2 after Quinn's statement of bringing more pressure from LBers. rd 3 had to add new tools for RW. rd 4 depth at DE rd 5 PC loves his DB's and if we don't re-sign Branch we'll have fill his postion. rd 6 PC made mention about Lynch fumbling. rd 7 need a kicker with a longer leg. The rest is just fluff.
    Last edited by Chawker on Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Chawker
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:52 am
  • I'd personally love grabbing Ertz or Eifert -- or Tavon Austin, DeAndre Hopkins, etc. -- at #25. I've made no secret of my selfish desire to spend draft capital on offensive skill players. It's amazing to consider the potential of Wilson having an upper-tier weapon added to the mix, and historically we have not drafted those kinds of players at the top of the draft. Amazingly, the last offensive skill player (RB, WR, TE) we drafted in the first round was Jerramy Stevens in 2002!

The hard part about mock drafting, and why I don't bother, is we don't know what will happen in free agency yet. I believe they will go defense with our first round pick, but I wonder if that would shift if we signed an edge rusher and a 3-tech DT in free agency.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:05 am
  • The TE postion you are getting great wealth because you're getting two play instead of one, blocker and receiver. If he is the right guy.
    Last edited by Chawker on Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Chawker
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:06 am
  • Yep, exactly. Or they can snag Delanie Walker away from the 49ers (which I would love) in free agency and then go after Austin, Hopkins, Hunter.
    @SeahawkGreg

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *
    * Master Chief *

Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:08 am
  • I'd drink to that! cheers
    Chawker
    NET Veteran

Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:51 pm
  • As much as I like Austin, I feel a top notch TE could really elevate the play-action. Would love to be stacked at TE for this reason.
    you want a lil woo woooooooooooo
    bubbrubb
    NET Rookie

Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:08 pm
  • FlyingGreg wrote:I'd personally love grabbing Ertz or Eifert -- or Tavon Austin, DeAndre Hopkins, etc. -- at #25. I've made no secret of my selfish desire to spend draft capital on offensive skill players. It's amazing to consider the potential of Wilson having an upper-tier weapon added to the mix, and historically we have not drafted those kinds of players at the top of the draft.

+1 :th2thumbs:

I'm in 110% agreement with you! Get DANGAAAARUSS some weapons, please!!!
    bigdaddydave
    NET Rookie

Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:16 pm
  • I love the 2013 draft. My first reaction was that I didn't like this mock draft much, but then I realized that Ertz, Wheaton, Porter will probably all be solid players, maybe more. Davis and Washington are hacky home run swings. Even a draft that feels like it missed out still looks pretty dang nice.

Porter is probably going to go in round 4-6 btw. Not hyped and not as athletic as people thought.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:32 am
  • This is the board which I got the players rankings from http://www.drafttek.com/Top-100-NFL-Dra ... s-2013.asp
    I seem a few of your mocks with us taking Javis Jones ( I know its your dream draft, but I just don't see it happening) in the first round and you selecting player in the sixth round where I've seem him slated to be in the first round by other websites (David Amerso CB)which I believe he is a third round talent. I guess this just show us the differant ranks that people have individual players. Porter is a second rounder, third at the latest, and a perfect fit for what Quinn wants to do.
    Last edited by Chawker on Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
    Chawker
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:42 am
  • I like the look of this draft. My mock has similar names and positions targeted. I really do think that the big surprise this year won't be a "reach" but it will be a position that people aren't expecting. I have a feeling that we're going to get RW weapons sooner than later. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if our first couple picks were TE and WR.
    SuperHawks
    NET Starter

Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:03 am
  • SuperHawks wrote:I like the look of this draft. My mock has similar names and positions targeted. I really do think that the big surprise this year won't be a "reach" but it will be a position that people aren't expecting. I have a feeling that we're going to get RW weapons sooner than later. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if our first couple picks were TE and WR.

I can't agree more with this statement! Whats a QBs best friend? THE RUNNING GAME. I've been wanting to say this for a while now, but the fear of being booed out of here has held me back. Everybody that knows me have heard me piss an moan about not having a 1000 yard rusher for years now, OK, we have one! BUT if Marcus Lattimore is there in the third round Pete & John would be fools to not considered taking him. It would be like passing on A. Peterson in the third round. A very huge upside to this kid.
    OK let the Chawker roast begin. cheers
    Chawker
    NET Veteran

Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:22 am
  • Chawker wrote:After sitting up all night starring into my bowl of water, certain visions of JS and PC war room came to me in the night. Visions of much rejoice echoed throughout the pacific north west, leaving the rest of the NFC west team wondering how are we going compete? OK no more BS heres my picks.

RD 1 Zach Ertz TE Optional pick Tyler Eifert
    RD2 Sean Porter LB Optional pick Jamie Collin or Chase Thomas
    RD3 Markus Wheaton WR Optional pick Chris Harper
    RD4 Cornelius Washington DE Optional pick David Bass
    RD5 Tharold Simon CB Optional pick Micah Hyde
    RD5 Kwame Geathers DT Optional pick Gilbert Pena
    RD6 Knile Davis RB Optional pick Zach Stacy
    RD7 Dustin Hopkins PK Optional pick Celeb Strurgis
    RD7 Collin Klein QB Optional pick Jeff Tuel
    RD7 Joplo Bartu LB Optional pick ....momentarily lost reception.
    But don't fear there was great cheers that went up across the land.

Mostly like your draft, Ertz would be a nice addition, Porter would start immediately, Wheaton would bring some speed but I'd look for a bigger WR there, Washington is a perfect project for our coaches big body and tons of athleticism, Geathers is a big body who would probably make the team, a Kicker, and a back up RB who might be able to return kicks and make Leon dispensable.

I'd be fine with this
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 9:05 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information