Khaseem Greene is this year's Courtney Upshaw

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
  • Safe round 1-2 player who fills a need and is getting linked to the team on here. But like Upshaw, I dont think we go with Greene because of his limited upside. This is a Mora pick guys. The Lawrence Jackson pick of the draft, if you will.
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

• I tend to agree. I love Greene, but the speed was a big, big red flag. Not a red flag in the sense of he can't play, but with the interest the Hawks would have (in my opinion).

He will be a good player, but I really would be shocked if SEA picked him. Speed is at a premium.
    Mtjhoyas
    NET Starter

• Ill have to respectfully disagree. Greene plays the Will spot as well as any linebacker in this class and had a knack of making plays that other linebackers don't have.

Upshaw, on the other hand, was a horrible fit and had no role on this team. I was saying that all last off season, too. He was a bad choice to play any OLB positions and didn't fit the LEO role either. Greene, at least, fills a need.

I also see Greene as an early to mid 2nd round pick, too, though. Where most people now are talking about him at #25
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!
    Recon_Hawk
    NET Veteran

• John Simon is this year's Upshaw, IMO.
    I hate Tim Ruskell.
    Trrrroy
    NET Veteran

• therealjohncarlson wrote:Safe round 1-2 player who fills a need and is getting linked to the team on here. But like Upshaw, I dont think we go with Greene because of his limited upside. This is a Mora pick guys. The Lawrence Jackson pick of the draft, if you will.

Good analogy. Speed matters to these guys.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• I like Greene better than I liked Upshaw last year. Upshaw didn't play badly last year either, and will probably be a starter next year on the team of the defending Superbowl champions, so it was not a bad pick.
    aawolf
    NET Starter

• Trrrroy wrote:John Simon is this year's Upshaw, IMO.

Well, nobody has been saying Simon should go in the first. Tons of dudes on this site last year were so afraid Upshaw wouldn't make it to our pick. I think that is the analogy the OP was going for.

Speed matters. this is an OLB we will expect to chase down guys like Kaepernick. Why would we take Greene too high when we could get instinctual guys like Jamie Collins or AJ Klein two rounds later?
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 4:48 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information