Kwame Geathers

McGruff

Reaction score
Watching Georgia defense with an eye on Jarvis Jones, but the guy who keeps jumping out to me is DT Kwame Geathers. Massive man, but has good jump off the snap and is very active in the middle. Very tall, long armed defender with good feet, he's always moving. Currently graded as a 5th rounder, but I could see him going higher, and he has the length the Seahawks seem to like inside.

Chawker

Reaction score
I notice him too McGruff! He drew alot of double teams and when they singled up on him the guard usually ended up getting shoved two yards backwards. Take him early 5th

QuahHawk

Reaction score
With all the talk about how we need a pass rush DT i felt like we were getting gashed when team ran up the gut. If we could get a big body (320-330lb) in the 2nd or later that can push/collapse the pocket, that to me is as important as slipping thorough for the tackle or the sack. That stat doesn't show up so you actually have to watch the film to see which DT can get the push.

Imagne Bruce sprinting around his tackle forcing the QB to step up and smack right into his own Center or guard getting pushed back by our 330lb DT.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
It's amazing how much defensive talent Georgia has in the draft this year. Whats the record for defensive players from one school going in one draft?

cover-2

Reaction score
When I watched him, I came away less than impressed. He was on the ground a lot, didn't provide much of a pass rush, and could be blocked by one offensive lineman. I think with his size and potential the 5th round sounds about right.

kearly

Reaction score
Cant' say Geathers ever really caught my eye, and lord knows I've watched a lot of Georgia defense over the last few months.

The DT they have that I kept noticing was Abry Jones in 2011 (wears #93). In fact, when I was watching for Cornelius Washington (#83) I was highly frustrated because #93 was making more plays than he was, and on grainy youtube videos 93 looks a lot like 83.

After seeing so many splash plays, I decided to research him. What I found was actually pretty intriguing.

He's a 6'3" 308 pound DT, Jones was a touted 4-star recruit when he went to Georgia, and one of those players that fans were always asking when he'd live up to that hype. He had 4 sacks and double digit TFL's in 2011, winning the team's most improved player of the year award. He received a 3rd round draft grade from the advisory committee but returned to school, seemingly had a down season and then only played half the season before leaving from injury. Jones is expected to be a 7th-UDFA type prospect this year.

I also thought Jonathan Jenkins could be the next Red Bryant for some team, maybe us. He is just a big, mean, nasty man. More of a bouncer than a football player. I wouldn't want to cross him in a dark alley, that's for sure.

Latest posts