Tank Carradine

Rizky

Reaction score
Matt Miller compared him to Chris Clemons. How do you think he would be as a LEO?

kendog2639

Reaction score
if hes healthy then he def is worth a first rnd pick... prlly best pass rusher in this draft if he would of stayed healthy and not tore his acl

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
Beware of Matt Miller...B/R

"Worst pick in the draft. The Seahawks continue to stumble..." -MM on 2012 Draft regarding RW

Regarding Carradine, I don't see the Clemons comparison. Carradine is a different build/player. Carradine is much thicker and is a great power/speed guy. Clem has grown in his ability in the run game, but is still a speed guy with a little power.

Carradine has the ability to become the best all around DE in the game IMO. He might never lead the league in sacks, but his all around game is awesome. Really no weaknesses besides the knee issue. In the LEO role, I could see Tank becoming a consistent 15 sack guy, whilst seeing the SEA Run D improving big time. To me, he is the defensive end version of Sheldon Richardson. High energy guy who makes way more tackles than his position should make (80 tackles this year).

I'm all in one Tank in R1. I think he's a top 3 talent when healthy. Worthy gamble IMO.

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
**To clarify the consistent 15 sacks comment...I mean around (give or take a few). The LEO role maximizes pass rush. Clem is great, but I think Tank could be unreal in that role.

Mtjhoyas":m6x1b5gw said:
Beware of Matt Miller...B/R

"Worst pick in the draft. The Seahawks continue to stumble..." -MM on 2012 Draft regarding RW

Regarding Carradine, I don't see the Clemons comparison. Carradine is a different build/player. Carradine is much thicker and is a great power/speed guy. Clem has grown in his ability in the run game, but is still a speed guy with a little power.

Carradine has the ability to become the best all around DE in the game IMO. He might never lead the league in sacks, but his all around game is awesome. Really no weaknesses besides the knee issue. In the LEO role, I could see Tank becoming a consistent 15 sack guy, whilst seeing the SEA Run D improving big time. To me, he is the defensive end version of Sheldon Richardson. High energy guy who makes way more tackles than his position should make (80 tackles this year).

I'm all in one Tank in R1. I think he's a top 3 talent when healthy. Worthy gamble IMO.

OP
OP
R

Rizky

Reaction score
Hopefully he doesn't blow up his pro day. I think if he is there in round one the sehawks will take him

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Rizky":26xotek4 said:
Hopefully he doesn't blow up his pro day. I think if he is there in round one the sehawks will take him

Seriously doubt he'll be doing much running by his pro day, team will need to rely on his film and his MRI's and X-rays. Most draft sites have him as a mid-3rd rd. pick at present and I think that's about right.

I believe he's a talented DE but he will likely be having a partial medical redshirt season as his knee rehabs. I'd draft him in the late 3rd rd. if he was there but I'd not be expecting much from him this year.

McGruff

Reaction score
Rizky":3lc6ixbf said:
Matt Miller compared him to Chris Clemons. How do you think he would be as a LEO?

Unfortunately the thing he has ,it's in common with Clemons is rehab from ACL surgery. Do we really want two guys that will miss half the season?

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
McGruff":co9rfz53 said:
Rizky":co9rfz53 said:

Unfortunately the thing he has ,it's in common with Clemons is rehab from ACL surgery. Do we really want two guys that will miss half the season?
Half of one season? Who cares?

Hawks aren't selling out for 2013

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Chris Clemons? Don't see it.

Carradine has basically one move that he keeps going back to... it's kind of a hand swipe pushing the tackle off balance. It works pretty well. However, I've watched three games now and I haven't seen him beat a guy for pure speed off the edge. He bull rushes fairly well, but he loves that hand swipe. And my big worry is, if pro-tackles learn how to combat that, has he got a counter? Will he threaten for pure speed?

He doesn't look particularly fast on tape. I've seen three of his 2012 sacks where he was just unblocked and ran in a straight line to the QB. I think he's becoming a little overrated, a bit of a flavour of the month. And he's coming off an ACL which really, this team doesn't need. It's bad enough that we'll be hoping Clemons can get healthy, without also keeping fingers crossed about the R1 pick.

kearly

Reaction score
Yeah, I thought Carradine's tape was well behind his teammates Werner and Jenkins. I was on the Jenkins bandwagon pretty solidly until the combine. He looked awful and unnatural in drills. Not saying that I think he sucks just because of that, but it did make me second guess my first assessment of him as a natural LEO.

I think I still like him more than Carradine though. I don't care what he ran, Carradine isn't especially quick on the football field- he's very comparable to Alex Okafor athletically, except Okafor plays bigger and has far more refined pass rush moves.

Not trying to be negative on Carradine, but I'd rank him below a lot of other options. It's a crowded mid round class at LEO this year. I think Seattle would consider a 4.8 speed pass rush DE if they had to, given that neither Clemons or Brock were speed demons at their combines. But I don't think the Seahawks will have to do that with guys like Lemonier likely to be available.

OP
OP
R

Rizky

Reaction score
Do you guys really like okafor? I think I saw him projected to us in round 1

GoHawks

Reaction score
kearly said:
Not trying to be negative on Carradine, but I'd rank him below a lot of other options.

How did Carradine go from being a potential top 5-10 pick, assuming his ACL recovery is on track?

I would think we would want a player to complement Irvin, with different/unique measurables?

Lemonier just seems too similar, that's what makes Carradine/Cornelius William appealing to me?

lukerguy

Reaction score
Carradine looks really raw to me. I think he'll be a very good NFLer provided that he gets healthy and coached up. Not sure you want to use your 1st on a guy with so many variables though.