First four round predictions

seahawks875

Reaction score
So, you have to predict the position projected for every round, NOT the player. I know some of it will depend on who is available but last year it seemed like they were locked in on DE in 1, and LB in 2. 2 years ago, they locked in on the O-LINE. Here's my predictions:
1. DT
2. WR
3. DE
4. OLB

Sac

Reaction score
If I remember correctly weren't we the first team to select a DE in the draft? Even now I wish we'd taken Chandler Jones instead...

Anyway, harems my order.

DE
DT
LB
WR

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Okay, I'll take a stab at it.

1. DT
2. OLB
3. WR
4. OL

I'll go on to predict.

5 (from OAK) DE
5. (ours) S
6. K

OP
OP
S

seahawks875

Reaction score
Right now, I think DE and DT are about equal in needs in my opinion, but I think it will be easier to add a DE in free agency though, the only thing that has me not sure is I think Pete Carroll will have Scruggs bulk up a little and have him start at the 3 tech which I think he could be very good at and I think there are more potential Leo's in this draft than potential pass rushing 3 techniques

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I think we mostly take care of d'line in free agency. We wait for next year for TE and take either Colt Lyerla or Austin Sefarian Jenkins in round 1.

This years draft:

1. Wr
2. Lb
3. D'line
4. O'line

kearly

Reaction score
I think Seattle will have "zones" where they like the options for each position.

I think there will be a DT zone in rounds 1 and 2. Not because DT matters more, but because it's thinner than other areas this year.

I think there will be a LB zone in rounds 1 through 3, where guys like Ogletree, Greene, and Brown will leave the board. Basically, if Greene/Brown/Ogletree are there at #58 I think they jump on it, otherwise I think they just wait til the end of the draft and pick up another Korey Toomer type and roll with Morgan/Smith/Bradford/Toomer/draft pick in 2013.

I think there will be a very wide WR zone this year that covers the entire draft, but I think Seattle will prefer to address that position early if possible. Patterson, Austin, Allen, and Swope would not shock me in round one. I'm rooting for Hopkins to be in that mix as well. Seattle will likely go WR in round 2 if there isn't a standout LB available.

DE probably won't go early unless they like Werner a lot and he slides to us. I'm thinking 3rd round, 4th round at the latest, and it will be a guy like Corey Lemonier.

I think TE could be a late round pick. I think Tyler Eifert perfectly fits our offense very well though, and Zach Ertz is hard to turn down as well. But most likely, I think you are looking at a pick like Chris Gragg in round 5 or 6.

QB will be a late round pick. Round 4-7 range. After Matt Scott is gone I have literally no idea who they'd draft. Would they spend a pick on Jordan Rodgers? I'm guessing they draft a QB we've never heard of ala Josh Portis. Or maybe draft the Denard Robinson and ask him to be a backup QB his first season. Wouldn't be shocked if Seattle traded for Tebow. Seriously wouldn't. Tebow - Flynn swap could make sense for both teams, given the rarity of read option QBs this year and Tebow's "tilt the field" talent.

T will be a round 3-7 range pick. If Seattle took a guard or center I'd be shocked.

I kind of expect Seattle to draft 3 DL and 2 WR when it's all said and done. Mid round is a goldmine for pass rush, relatively speaking. And there will still be WRs that Seattle likes in the 7th round.

Seattle will add a CB in the late rounds. Maybe a S too.

Or to put it in a really simple way, you put those zones together and it looks like this:

DT
WR
DE
T
TE
LB
QB
DL
DB
WR

OP
OP
S

seahawks875

Reaction score
kearly":1doj4b7p said:
I think Seattle will have "zones" where they like the options for each position.

I think there will be a DT zone in rounds 1 and 2. Not because DT matters more, but because it's thinner than other areas this year.

I think there will be a LB zone in rounds 1 through 3, where guys like Ogletree, Greene, and Brown will leave the board. Basically, if Greene/Brown/Ogletree are there at #58 I think they jump on it, otherwise I think they just wait til the end of the draft and pick up another Korey Toomer type and roll with Morgan/Smith/Bradford/Toomer/draft pick in 2013.

I think there will be a very wide WR zone this year that covers the entire draft, but I think Seattle will prefer to address that position early if possible. Patterson, Austin, Allen, and Swope would not shock me in round one. I'm rooting for Hopkins to be in that mix as well. Seattle will likely go WR in round 2 if there isn't a standout LB available.

DE probably won't go early unless they like Werner a lot and he slides to us. I'm thinking 3rd round, 4th round at the latest, and it will be a guy like Corey Lemonier.

I think TE could be a late round pick. I think Tyler Eifert perfectly fits our offense very well though, and Zach Ertz is hard to turn down as well. But most likely, I think you are looking at a pick like Chris Gragg in round 5 or 6.

QB will be a late round pick. Round 4-7 range. After Matt Scott is gone I have literally no idea who they'd draft. Would they spend a pick on Jordan Rodgers? I'm guessing they draft a QB we've never heard of ala Josh Portis. Or maybe draft the Denard Robinson and ask him to be a backup QB his first season. Wouldn't be shocked if Seattle traded for Tebow. Seriously wouldn't. Tebow - Flynn swap could make sense for both teams, given the rarity of read option QBs this year and Tebow's "tilt the field" talent.

T will be a round 3-7 range pick. If Seattle took a guard or center I'd be shocked.

I kind of expect Seattle to draft 3 DL and 2 WR when it's all said and done. Mid round is a goldmine for pass rush, relatively speaking. And there will still be WRs that Seattle likes in the 7th round.

Seattle will add a CB in the late rounds. Maybe a S too.

Or to put it in a really simple way, you put those zones together and it looks like this:

DT
WR
DE
T
TE
LB
QB
DL
DB
WR
I think free agency will have a big impact on what positions we draft, if we can't get some good D-lineman in free agency, then we have to go D-Line round 1. I hope we can get some d-lineman in free agency because I really hope we draft Ryan swope round 1 because I don't think he'll last to 58.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Depends too much on FA but i will play along

1. DT
2. OLB
3. WR
4. TE

If we address DT in FA I could see

1. TE
2. OLB
3. WR
4. DE

If we get a DT and DE in FA and feel stongly we need to upgrade OLB

1. OLB
2. TE
3. WR
4. CB

two dog

Reaction score
Until something changes, I'm sticking with Kawann Short at one and Arthur Brown at two.
Subject to availability of course.

Prolly a DE at three and a WR at four. Or vice-versa.

Gotta be primarily defense though, free agency or draft. Thinking about Miami, Detroit and
Atlanta makes an automatically bad day for me.

gmor

Reaction score
seahawks875":1lk16p7t said:
So, you have to predict the position projected for every round, NOT the player. I know some of it will depend on who is available but last year it seemed like they were locked in on DE in 1, and LB in 2. 2 years ago, they locked in on the O-LINE. Here's my predictions:
1. DT
2. WR
3. DE
4. OLB

Agreed.

bigdaddydave

Reaction score
THAT WOULD BE A DREAM!!! :thirishdrinkers:

1. TE - Tyler Eifert
2. OLB - Khaseem Green
3. WR - Ryan Swope
4. DE - Cornellius Carradine

How awesome would that be!

drdevin

Reaction score
1.DT
2.OT/DE
3.DE/OT
4.WR
5.LB
6. WHO KNOWS AT THIS POINT

THE PROBLEM AS I SEE IT, IS, THE SEAHAWKS ARE PLAYING WITH AN AVE. RT WITHOUT A DECENT BACKUP. BRENO NEEDS SOME COMP. THE OL STILL NEEDS BETTER PASS PROTECTION AND A RT JUST DOESN'T FALL INTO YOUR LAP EVERY DAY

PS SORRY FOR THE ALL CAPS