The Seattle Seahawks have met with UCLA DE Datone Jones

sutz

Reaction score
I bet there's a LOT of people 'interested' in Jones.

:)

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I don't understand the hype this guy is garnering. Not really all that impressed with him. He just strikes me as a "safe" or "meh" pick. I hope the Seahawks don't go the safe route and get someone with a high ceiling. I like Dion Jordan more than Jones. He would add some speed and also could help fill the void at OLB. If they feel they can grab him, I'd like to see them move up with a team (a team that may look to move down) to grab him. I think he may be in the 15-20 pick range.

General Manager

Reaction score
Since the Senior Bowl the Hawks and Pete Carroll have shown intertest in Datone and Pete recruited him from Comton. They met with Jones again at the combine. There is a history here with Pete ,just how much interest they have is unclear but he appears to be on the list of players that they like. One of the reasons they took Irvin was Pete's knowledge of the player from college.

G

Apparently I'm in the minority, but I think he's underrated and I wouldn't be disappointed if we took him at 25.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
I think he's overrated personally. All that's been talked about at the combine is what a great athlete he is. He ran a 4.80 at 283lbs. Cam Jordan ran a 4.69 at 287lbs in 2011. That's a crazy athlete. He's a solid football player and will make a nice rotational cog for any defense. But it's hard to pin down what his natural position is at the next level. You seem him getting smashed against the run working inside, he's not a great edge rusher. He flashes good and bad tape. Suddenly he's a first round pick for a lot of people. I think that's a bit OTT.