Cheap FA DT's who could change our draft needs

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Cullen Jenkins is now a FA and was cut so save a 5.5M salary so I'd assume he could be had for less plus he wouldn't count as a FA when comp picks are handed out
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/89872 ... n-jenkins/

With Desmond Bryant facing misdemeanor charges his price tag is sure to fall
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/89806 ... ports-say/

Snagging one of these two DT's for under 5mil a year would give us a ton of freedom in the draft to go after a TE, WR, WLB, or DE with all our early picks. Considering we drafted two DT's last year adding another young guy isn't that important to me, just bolster that position witha solid vet like Bryant or Jenkins for undermarket and draft some speed at one of the other 4 positions of need.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Charges or not I don't think Desmond Bryant is going to be cheap to add, as well it seems to me that despite the past history JS has with Cullen Jenkins he's getting a bit old for the team to be wanting him to join the band Another guy to watch for is Sammie Lee Hill, who's big but gets pressure lots of hurries but few sacks while being stout against the run.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
I really think Sammy Lee Hill could end up a Seahawk, it fits the mold of the FA type of player John would go for. Cheap, young, some potential, and in the very least a good run stopper. I think they would sign Branch only if he is cheaper instead of adding Hill but I think one of them will be our starting DT/rotational 3 tech with a draft pick and Scruggs competing for playing time. Jenkins is a maybe, he might be old enough that we could acquire him as a stop gap until a draft pick takes over. I think someone stupid is going to pay him a bigger contract than necessary though. Desmond Bryant is not really under the radar as far as I'm concerned, I can see Dallas dumping some contracts and paying either Bryant or Jenkins, Jacksonville again could offer a pretty decent contract for either as well.

Other guys I'm thinking might get a look.

Andre Neblett, Terrance Knighton, Trevor Laws, Matt Shaughnessy, just keep in mind, these players might be picked up but may not even make the final roster.

Trrrroy

Reaction score
jammerhawk":306masua said:
Charges or not I don't think Desmond Bryant is going to be cheap to add, as well it seems to me that despite the past history JS has with Cullen Jenkins he's getting a bit old for the team to be wanting him to join the band Another guy to watch for is Sammie Lee Hill, who's big but gets pressure lots of hurries but few sacks while being stout against the run.

Age shouldn't be a factor when looking like a guy like Jenkins. Whether he still has enough left in the tank provide decent interior pressure for another season or two is what is important. The Seahawks aren't a rebuilding team anymore, they are a team on the cusp of a superbowl birth. Right now I don't care if a guy is 20 or 40 if he can help put this team over the top sign him.

Now I'm not saying we should be the Eagles or the Ruskell era Seahawks, but a few choice veterans at a few choice positions isn't going to set this team back.