Holy Crap Margus Hunt

Trrrroy

Reaction score
6-8, 278 and ran unofficial an unofficial 4.53 and followed it up with a 4.6. Whoa.

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
He's a physical marvel. That said, I just don't think he's a very good football player. Had moments of brilliance, but far too much underwhelming play for a guy who is physically superior (and older) than his competition. Would hate him in R1, intrigued in R2.

You are right though, an absolutely bananas combine performance.

cover-2

Reaction score
I would take a flyer on him if he fell to the 4th round. If he doesn't develop as a DE then give him a try at TE, which is what the Titans did with his teammate a year ago. Taylor Thompson was a 6-6 280 lbs DE at SMU and the Titans drafted him as a TE.

kearly

Reaction score
If there is a JPP this year, I think it's Hunt, not Ansah. Very good athlete that has to learn everything from scratch. Not saying I'd draft him high (Hunt is a 5th or 6th rounder for me), but I think he'd be an exciting player to follow, kind of like when we picked up Jordan Kent a few years ago.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Yea, this is exactly the kind of guy who i would not draft in the top 3 rounds. I want football players, not athletes. If he falls late into the draft where you can more easily afford a project then i'd be all for it.

Basis4day

Reaction score
He's a physical freak as a pure athlete, but raw as raw can be as a football player.

Basis4day

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2bh5v0ps said:
Aaron Curry was a physical specimen too. Just sayin'.

Say no to Hunt. I think he has bust written all over him.

But yes, that 40 time is freakish!

Absolutely true, but hes intriguing as a later round prospect.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Basis4day":1xdxn0ml said:
FlyingGreg":1xdxn0ml said:
Aaron Curry was a physical specimen too. Just sayin'.

Say no to Hunt. I think he has bust written all over him.

But yes, that 40 time is freakish!

Absolutely true, but hes intriguing as a later round prospect.

He is. And we have some extra picks to play with.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Pretty amazing, but I think he lacks a lot of the necessary football instincts we'd require for a first round pick. I'd take him in the third, though.

zayden185

Reaction score
Mtjhoyas":3pzmaglr said:
He's a physical marvel. That said, I just don't think he's a very good football player. Had moments of brilliance, but far too much underwhelming play for a guy who is physically superior (and older) than his competition. Would hate him in R1, intrigued in R2.

What stats would be have put up if he were playing for big time school with ANY help at all?

These guys now in SEC benefit from help on either side

And been playing for only 4 years...from Estonia or something remote?

Shit..SMU?

zayden185

Reaction score
17 blocked punt or fg?

Ya know what taking 3 points of the board twice a year can do? Average margin of losses last year for us was what?

OP
OP
Trrrroy

Trrrroy

Reaction score
zayden185":qmjia9iv said:
Mtjhoyas":qmjia9iv said:

What stats would be have put up if he were playing for big time school with ANY help at all?

These guys now in SEC benefit from help on either side

And been playing for only 4 years...from Estonia or something remote?

Shit..SMU?

He also got the SMU schedule facing the likes of Rice, Tulsa, UCF, Southern Miss, Houston, and Tulane. He didn't have the help an SEC team would have given him, but against that competition he shouldn't have needed it.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Missing_Clink":17oblm85 said:
If Al Davis was alive he'd be going #3 overall
Honestly though. Remember when he took Heyward Bey 8th overall? Lol Most people had a 3rd round grade on Heyward-Bey

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Those measurables are all very impressive for sure ... and I might certainly think about the Hawks to take a flier on him if he's still around in the 3rd Round. BUT, I also say there is some caution with this guy as well. I don't know how many of you caught Rob Rang's report on him from the Senior Bowl ... but it was not good. According to him there were just far too many times that Hunt looked real average to basically underwhelming out there. If Pete and Dan Quinn could get their hands on him -- work with him -- they might have something there in a couple of years. Any higher than that though and I'd have to say pass.