Justin Hunter

Chawker

Reaction score
Nobody thinks he could be worthy of our 25th selection? I'd be very happy if we selected him in the first round. I like the way he can high point the ball, good size & speed, production. Bigger & faster then Hopkins, it all points to a perfect WR for RW. Just a passing thought. :roll:

City Of Reign

Reaction score
I really like this guy a ton !!! I'd love to see him a Hawk. I think we go DE/DT 1st though; and I doubt he'd fall very far into the first. I wouldn't be mad if the Hawks surprised me and picked him 25th, I love this guy, and love is a strong word for another man to throw at another man lol.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
I want a receiver at 25. I would be pretty equally happy with any of a handful of potential options there. I want the Seahawks to address some of their "needs" in 2nd tier free agency. I think veterans at some of those key spots would be better and that I'd rather see the Hawks take their chances with drafting skill players that could come in and contribute more immediately.

Watching Justin Hunter today... he seemed intense and focused. If he plays that way, I don't think he would be lacking any passion for the game. I wouldn't be disappointed with him, but probably wouldn't put him in my top 5. I don't know nearly enough about the player, though. Perhaps you do.

City Of Reign

Reaction score
He had a down year in 2012, some of that can be attributed to his ACL playing with his mind. Either way, he was fantastic in 2011. His 2012 hiccups, whatever the cause, were mental, and there by fixable and coachable. There is no denying his talent though when seeing his full body of work.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
City Of Reign":3jkbhyt0 said:
He had a down year in 2012, some of that can be attributed to his ACL playing with his mind. Either way, he was fantastic in 2011. His 2012 hiccups, whatever the cause, were mental, and there by fixable and coachable. There is no denying his talent though when seeing his full body of work.

In 2011, he played three games. Two big performances against Montana in a 42-16 beat down, and against Cincinnati in a 45-23 beat down. He suffered the ACL in the third game against Florida.

In 2010 he played fleetingly as a freshman and in 2012 he played the entire year and was rank bad. Drops, mental mistakes, was completely outshone by Cordarrelle Patterson, showed barely any competitive spirit. It was one sloppy game after another.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":1tsd4rrb said:
Awful, awful, awful 2012 tape.
Come on Rob. It was nowhere near as bad as you make it sound. Not 3 "awfuls" bad at least lol.

IMO, he looked stronger, faster, and more consistent as the year went along. I'd like him in the 2nd round. Not so much first, tho.

City Of Reign

Reaction score
3 games ?? Wow, maybe it's me lumping his freshman year and sophomore year together in my head, but I thought he played more than that in '11. My bad. Being from Kentucky originally, I watch a lot of UK and a lot of UT games. I wasn't as unimpressed as you are, but then again I do have a bit of a bias, and I lean toward seeing the good over the bad in everything.

volshawk

Reaction score
JH is the next AJ Green. You heard it hear first, English. Haha. Yeah, I'm a homer, but in all seriousness he has the chance to be a beast if he can get his confidence back (ie he wasn't as fearless last year as he was only one year removed from his knee injury).

GCrow

Reaction score
This guy definitely turned some heads this weekend. Wow, their shouldn't be to many questions about coming back from that ACL injury as their is alotta power in those legs. Just needs to add a bit a weight but like him alot.

Interesting stat I saw tweeted the other day;

John Pollard ‏@JPSTATS
2012 Top 10 WRs ranked by "Clutch" Reception %. 7 of the Top 10 will be in Indy at the Combine. pic.twitter.com/zi9hBTTR

BDZuhKuCUAAUncA

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
What if you make those 'clutch' first down conversions or touchdowns when you're losing 42-13?

I find it hard to put Tennessee and Boston College receivers at the top of a list of receivers that made clutch plays. People like DeAndre Hopkins won games for their team... against LSU in a big Bowl game no less. Amari Cooper made several game-winning clutch plays for the National Champions and isn't even included.

Not unexpectedly, the channel we get that shows college football over here (5-6 games a week in fairness) shows a ton of SEC games. I watched nearly every Tennessee game in 2012. And I have to say, Hunter was one of the biggest disappointments of the season. No disrespect to any resident Vols fans... because I really liked the way Dallas Thomas played despite the crappy year you guys had.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Tony Pauline on Hunter at the combine:

"For all the hype Hunter received prior to the combine, his performance was disappointing. His 4.33 in the 40 time was impressive, along with his 39.5-inch vertical jump and 11 feet, 4 inches in the broad jump. But he's a loping runner who showed little in the way of quickness or route-running ability. Even worse, Hunter is not a natural hand catcher and misjudged many of the passes thrown in his direction. Considered at one time a potential first-round pick, expect Hunter to slide into the third round."

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3i8l3rcu said:
What if you make those 'clutch' first down conversions or touchdowns when you're losing 42-13?

Then I would say he shows a competitive spirit for not quitting at the end of games. <troll post>

Seriously, a 75% "clutch" stat is not something you only get in losing efforts. Give the guy some credit.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":2l83g5mp said:
theENGLISHseahawk":2l83g5mp said:

Then I would say he shows a competitive spirit for not quitting at the end of games. <troll post>

Seriously, a 75% "clutch" stat is not something you only get in losing efforts. Give the guy some credit.

They lost nearly every game in 2012 and if you'd said to me, having watched nearly all of Tennessee's games as I did, "Justin Hunter is the most clutch receiver in college football" I would've collapsed into laughter.

I'm always happy to give credit where it's due, but his presence at the top of the list makes that method of judging 'clutch' redundant IMO. Seriously, speak to any neutral who watched a lot of Tennessee this season and ask them if Hunter was a clutch receiver.

JKent82

Reaction score
volshawk":34d0toa5 said:
JH is the next AJ Green. You heard it hear first, English. Haha. Yeah, I'm a homer, but in all seriousness he has the chance to be a beast if he can get his confidence back (ie he wasn't as fearless last year as he was only one year removed from his knee injury).

AJ Green had better hands in high school haha. Teach him to catch with his hands and then maybe it could happen. At least he's athletic enough.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":faeo7g8u said:
Recon_Hawk":faeo7g8u said:
theENGLISHseahawk":faeo7g8u said:

They lost nearly every game in 2012 and if you'd said to me, having watched nearly all of Tennessee's games as I did, "Justin Hunter is the most clutch receiver in college football" I would've collapsed into laughter.

I'm always happy to give credit where it's due, but his presence at the top of the list makes that method of judging 'clutch' redundant IMO. Seriously, speak to any neutral who watched a lot of Tennessee this season and ask them if Hunter was a clutch receiver.

They won 5 and lost 7. Not sure how a .417 winning percentage is losing "nearly every game". And only two of those losses were blowouts, so he's not stat padding in meaningless losses, either.

I'm not saying Hunter is the most clutch receiver in CF, but for a player who you say had awful, awful, awful tape, he should not be on the same list as so many other good receivers unless he's had a better season than people are giving him credit for.

lukerguy

Reaction score
I like Hunter. He's one of about 5 guys I would be happy with as a 2nd round WR. I think JS/PC will look at the WRs at 25 and say for example, Keenan Allen is 3% better than Robert Woods, but Kawann Short is 20% better than (insert B level DT) Hunt..ect

lukerguy

Reaction score
With that being said, all this pretty silly talk before UFA. A lot could change if we sign a guy like Desmond Bryant.

Latest posts