If Star Lotulelei stock falls, 25th worthy?

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
  • It appears He might have a heart defect. All I've read so far is that the severity isn't assessed yet. But knowing what we know as of now; if he fell to 25, is it in your opinion too risky to take him?

(Edit) sorry spelled his last name wrong. *fixed*
    City Of Reign
    NET Rookie

• I don't think Seattle would take a player that fell because of a medical concern. I'm really rooting for Lotulelei to remain a top pick because if he falls I think it actually hurts our options at DT and pass rush.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• It depends upon the severity of the problem and whether it could be improved with surgical intervention, doesn't it?

If there is a shot at curing the problem he'd certainly be worth taking a chance upon as risk to reward might be exceptional. OTOH it's certainly a risk, he's played pretty well up to now though the physical exertion at the next level will be exceptionally greater.

I believe he is without doubt the best available player at DT in the draft and this news will certainly upset the draft order at the position which is disturbing.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to completely take the final step. That was done and the final step was taken.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons.

What a special magical year!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Paul Allens other team would take him, but they are snake bit.
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

• Still don't think he will slip that far. I'd take him.
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

• CPHawk wrote:Paul Allens other team would take him, but they are snake bit.

Actually the one guy that he's taken who does have a heart issue is the one guy that is still remaining. Lamarcus Aldridge has a heart issue that has flared up a couple of times and has required minor heart surgery twice (if any heart surgery can be considered minor.) Better to have heart problems then knee problems apparently.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• This may work out to the team's advantage if another team earlier thought to covet Lotulelei now decides to go in a different direction as far as position letting the group at DT including Lotulelei slip down a bit. If another team then snags Lotulelei perhaps Richardson will fall within range.

It's early yet with this news just breaking today and hard to tell what to make of it but kearly is likely right and despite my hopeful optimism above it's likely not going to be positive in terms of acquiring the DT the team may want @ 25.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to completely take the final step. That was done and the final step was taken.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons.

What a special magical year!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:56 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information