Bucky Brooks sharing on Anquan Boldin

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Did anyone else hear what Bucky Brooks was saying about Anquan Boldin. When he was a scout with the Seahawks... they liked everything about Boldin except for one number at the combine. So, they mistakenly allowed that to influence them to the point to not draft him. Ouch.
Of course that happens a lot. But, interesting to hear anything insider like that.

kearly

Reaction score
4.75 I think.

Boldin was a QB in college too, so that forty matters even more for helping teams imagine how good of a NFL WR you'd be.

OP
OP
TeamoftheCentury

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Ya, I think Brooks was saying today during the broadcast that the 40 time was an anomaly or something (injury?) led to it. You guys might know the specifics. But, whatever it was, that was one that they came to regret. Man, the Seahawks sure have been on the cusp of drafting great players like Tony Dorsett, Brett Favre, etc. Add this one, too, I guess. Getting Russell Wilson in the 3rd certainly helps counter the all those "what if's", but hopefully he leads the Hawks to so many championships that the memories of all those draft blunders are all but erased. This regime is doing a great job. Hoping the next couple of months with Free Agency, any trades and the Draft prove to be those championship moves.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Wasn't Boldin also hurt a good part of his last year of college?