WR Da'Rick Rogers

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
If you ignore off the field issues for a second, I think he is the best WR of this class. After reading recent articles on him, I am completely sold on him and want our hawks to draft him. He's got the potential to be true #1 WR in this league. Hopefully, he does not end up being drafted by any other NFCW team.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":soec5v6a said:
If you ignore off the field issues for a second, I think he is the best WR of this class. After reading recent articles on him, I am completely sold on him and want our hawks to draft him. He's got the potential to be true #1 WR in this league. Hopefully, he does not end up being drafted by any other NFCW team.

Not to be a stick in the eye, but is your assessment of him as the "best WR of this class" based on something other than reading articles about him? This time of year the media is saturated with the 'next great thing' kind of pieces on prospects.

Have you seen him play?

OP
OP
SeahawksFanForever

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":2ujyalm2 said:
SeahawksFanForever":2ujyalm2 said:

Not to be a stick in the eye, but is your assessment of him as the "best WR of this class" based on something other than reading articles about him? This time of year the media is saturated with the 'next great thing' kind of pieces on prospects.

Have you seen him play?

Yes. I have watched his tape. I believe that he would have been the first WR off the board if he never had any off the field issues and never left Tennessee.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":2clrsp85 said:
FlyingGreg":2clrsp85 said:
SeahawksFanForever":2clrsp85 said:

Have you seen him play?

Yes. I have watched his tape. I believe that he would have been the first WR off the board if he never had any off the field issues and never left Tennessee.

Thanks... I know a lot of people have been high on his talent, for sure. He has good size.

What are his off-field issues?

OP
OP
SeahawksFanForever

SeahawksFanForever

Reaction score
He failed three drug tests and got kicked off the Tennessee program. He transferred to Tenn Tech and played there for a year before entering the NFL draft. His style of play is a lot similar to Dez Bryant's game in my opinion. Dez is a headcase but he is slowly becoming one of the best WRs in the league. Very dominant n physical.

-The Glove-

Reaction score
SeahawksFanForever":1ak9tzpt said:
He failed three drug tests and got kicked off the Tennessee program. He transferred to Tenn Tech and played there for a year before entering the NFL draft. His style of play is a lot similar to Dez Bryant's game in my opinion. Dez is a headcase but he is slowly becoming one of the best WRs in the league. Very dominant n physical.

I haven't watched any tape (YouTube vids:grin:) on Rogers, but if he's anything like Dez, I'd love to have him. He could be one of the best, if not the best, WR in the game if he got his head on straight.

kearly

Reaction score
It's too bad about the drug problems and character stuff. Rogers can move after the catch. Stories like Titus Young being fresh in GMs memory won't help players like Robert Woods and Da'Rick Rogers.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
kearly":1zcohbj1 said:
It's too bad about the drug problems and character stuff. Rogers can move after the catch. Stories like Titus Young being fresh in GMs memory won't help players like Robert Woods and Da'Rick Rogers.
What's up with Robert Wood, kearly? This is the first I've heard of character stuff with him

TeeHawk

Reaction score
is it just me, or is that Calabro doing the play-by-play on the first vid?

Rogers shows versatility which I feel none of the hawks receivers have. We have players who can make the YAC or the spectacular 20 yd+ play, not both though. None have shown consistent play making ability, Tate's the closest to showing that. Rogers is someone to watch for

McGruff

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised or disappointed if we took Rogers in the 1st round.

Shadyhawk182

Reaction score
I've hung out with this guy quite a few times.
Dudes dumb as a rock.
But i dont think Patterson would of looked half as good as he did this season if Rogers had been on the team.
Justin Hunter is a really good WR, but Rogers out-shined him
When Patterson played with Hunter, he just looked my dynamic didnt really look much better then him like Rogers did.
Short point, i'd be good with this..i still think i'd rather have Patterson if they were going to go with a WR in the first round, trade up somehow.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
I don't know how dumb is too dumb, but Michael Irvin and Roddy White have proved to me you don't need to be a rocket scientist. RW can loan him some brains.

Shadyhawk182

Reaction score
i mean dumb as in....the stuff he does while having a free ride through school and a NFL future and he says " MAN I DONT GIVE A F**K IM GOOD ENOUGH NO MATTER WHAT I DO THEY GONNA WANT ME"
he said that to us in the food court of the mall, pretty much yelled it for all the people around to hear.
hope getting kicked of the team helped him get over that.

volshawk

Reaction score
Re:Shady... I don't know if I can agree with you. Hunter was always option A when both were on the field. His stock was hurt based off the knee injury, but he will now be too years removed this Sept. Also, people keep talking about the drug issue with Rogers. The attitude/bigger than the team mentality is my real concern. The other players were not too upset when he got the boot that's never a good sign.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":2rgbroe4 said:
kearly":2rgbroe4 said:
What's up with Robert Wood, kearly? This is the first I've heard of character stuff with him
There is no character stuff with Woods, so I'd like to know why Kip mentioned Robert as well. Robert is by all accounts a great kid.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
sc85sis":263qkf89 said:
Recon_Hawk":263qkf89 said:
kearly":263qkf89 said:
There is no character stuff with Woods, so I'd like to know why Kip mentioned Robert as well. Robert is by all accounts a great kid.

I remember Woods saying a few questionable things following the bowl game that made me hope the Hawks stayed clear of him. I don't recall exactly, but it was diva type stuff