Cross Floyd off the list

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
According to NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah, "everybody" in the league has Florida DT Sharrif Floyd graded as a top-five player in the 2013 draft.
Jeremiah explained that there wasn't much early buzz on Floyd because he was an underclassman and league personnel men hadn't had a chance to watch his tape. They have now. "He's a special pass rusher," said Jeremiah. "You put him in a three-technique, he's capable of getting you double-digit sacks."

No way we ever get him.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
At least he won't have to move. I think Bradley will be coaching him soon.

kearly

Reaction score
IMO, Floyd is this year's most overrated prospect. Great physique and athlete, great run defender, but not a great pass rusher. Best as a 3-4 end, will be Gerald McCoy at best as a 3-tech (in that he'll provide 80% of his value with run defense). I watched quite a bit of him play and he reminded me of a better version of Kentwan Balmer. Great athlete with good disengage skills but not much of a rip/swim/yank ability. 4.5 sacks in 3 seasons, he played all over the place in both 3-4 and 4-3 schemes and never really showed much as a pass rusher in any of those areas. Great run defender, not a bad player by any means, but I think his original early 2nd round draft projection was much better because I think it's unlikely he becomes a 10 sack a year DT barring a revelatory coaching job. I think it's fantastic news that he's going to be picked well ahead of the Seahawks, which might help a DT that better suits our needs reach our pick.

The fact that a lot of evaluators are just seeing him now has really helped fuel that wave of hype too. New kids on the block are overhyped, last year's darlings are old news. The best GMs don't fall for it, but most do.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
kearly":3kcz037f said:
IMO, Floyd is this year's most overrated prospect. Great physique and athlete, great run defender, but not a great pass rusher. Best as a 3-4 end, will be Gerald McCoy at best as a 3-tech (in that he'll provide 80% of his value with run defense). I watched quite a bit of him play and he reminded me of a better version of Kentwan Balmer. Great athlete with good disengage skills but not much of a rip/swim/yank ability. 4.5 sacks in 3 seasons, he played all over the place in both 3-4 and 4-3 schemes and never really showed much as a pass rusher in any of those areas. Great run defender, not a bad player by any means, but I think his original early 2nd round draft projection was much better because I think it's unlikely he becomes a 10 sack a year DT barring a revelatory coaching job. I think it's fantastic news that he's going to be picked well ahead of the Seahawks, which might help a DT that better suits our needs reach our pick.

The fact that a lot of evaluators are just seeing him now has really helped fuel that wave of hype too. New kids on the block are overhyped, last year's darlings are old news. The best GMs don't fall for it, but most do.
You aren't lying that anybody who likes Floyd is guessing. But, and this is the Micheal Brockers big butt from last year, Floyd is only 20. He is not a Defensive end, using last year to judge him is pointless.

I bring up Brockers because I didn't like what I saw from him last year, and I was so wrong. Brockers didn't get sacks on Wilson, but he affected Wilson big time. And I think that is what people are seeing from Floyd, he is the rare combo of big butt and quick feet. The comparisons to Sapp are probably off base, but I think Floyd can be disruptive in the pocket area.