How about Jordan Poyer (OSU) in the Second Round?

Paschtorian

Reaction score
As an Astoria, Oregonian,........I can attest to the HUGE potential this kid brings to the table.

As a two-way player at Astoria High School (the Fishermen), he excelled all four years in this town.

Here is a link from the local paper outlining his accomplishments.

http://www.dailyastorian.com/news/local ... 963f4.html

Amazing talent (and work ethic). This would be a great "hometown" pickup for the Seahawks!

AND, some depth in the secondary (AND at the QB position).

Seriously,.............I've seen this man play.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
It was said during the all star game he played in January that he is a turnover machine... then, proceeded to do so in that game as well. So, must be something to him. So, he's not starter material... just backup or nickel? Or, just in the Seahawks secondary? He's a player who has improved his draft stock... at least by people that wont be doing actual drafting. But, if any of that is accurate... he could be as high as a 2nd. If he's the BPA at the time... I would be for it. Never can have too many ball hawks.

ivotuk

Reaction score
TeamoftheCentury":1073hifs said:
It was said during the all star game he played in January that he is a turnover machine... then, proceeded to do so in that game as well. So, must be something to him. So, he's not starter material... just backup or nickel? Or, just in the Seahawks secondary? He's a player who has improved his draft stock... at least by people that wont be doing actual drafting. But, if any of that is accurate... he could be as high as a 2nd. If he's the BPA at the time... I would be for it. Never can have too many ball hawks.
Watched him in the senior bowl and he was on receivers like glue.

Excellent cover corner but they say he is slow. Be great in the 5th round.

OP
OP
P

Paschtorian

Reaction score
No way this guy gets past the Third Round (let alone sliding down to Round Five).

NO WAY.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Paschtorian":138filqj said:
No way this guy gets past the Third Round (let alone sliding down to Round Five).

NO WAY.

I like him but this team has too many other needs in the first 3 rounds. And if he is as slow as they claimed on the Senior Bowl coverage, that could be an issue. Watching the practices, he was great in the short area but a couple of times once the receiver got past him, they were gone. And those were college receivers. The combine should show just how fast he really is though. Some reports show him between 4.5-4.6 which isn't bad, but he looked slower than that, but that's just my perception from watching him on tv.