Article mentioning CB Seattle has interest in - Sleeper pick

GoHawks

Reaction score
Article Link

Southeastern Louisiana Sleeper CB - Robert Alford

Seattle, Cincinnati and Baltimore have particularly shown interest.

From the Article:

Considered one of this year's small school gems, the shutdown corner Alford could sneak into the first two rounds of the NFL draft.

In the Southland Conference, where teams usually threw away from Alford, the 5-foot-10, 186-pounder had nine interceptions his last two seasons. Last fall, he finished with 35 tackles (five for loss) and eight pass break-ups. Golding says Alford is “very, very explosive.” Be it on the bench press or running the 40, Golding expects Alford to make a lot of noise in Indianapolis. In college, Alford power-cleaned 335 pounds.

“There’s no question he’s going to blow the Combine out of the water,” Golding said. “He’s a Combine guy. As far as running and agility and drills, he’ll be one of the top corners if not the top corner.”

2012 Highlight Video

[youtube]ZxJd27EIqHc[/youtube]

kearly

Reaction score
[youtube]ZxJd27EIqHc[/youtube]

[youtube]v=ZxJd27EIqHc[/youtube] delete the "v=" part, and your video will work, If you can do that, I'll edit this out of my message.

I LOVE THE INTERNET. How crazy is it that there is some nobody supersleeper from a tiny school that as few as 3 NFL teams are in on, and he already had a full breakdown video on youtube? This year has had unbelievable prospect coverage. Too awesome.

Also, wow, #4 from Missouri (Kendial Lawrence) can haul. Senior RB, part of the 2013 class. He's just 5'9", but so is Ray Rice.

As far as the CB: kind of underwhelmed. Seems fast in a Leon Washington sense (deceptive, gliding, speed, not explosive). Struggles against blocks, not very physical, not great in coverage. 5'10". Big project with just okay tools. Smokescreen effort?

At least we know this- Seattle is going to go after CBs again this year, although I don't think that's very surprising.

I'll go ahead and post this on the blog. Thanks for the heads up Gohawks.

Hamhawk

Reaction score
if there is a small school prospect out there JS will know all about him and draft him if he and PC think he is a player,...unlike Timmie, who wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole,...

MLOhawks

Reaction score
If he is a top two round pick, then he won't be a Hawk. I seriously doubt they spend on of the first two picks on a DB.

Subzero717

Reaction score
FlyingGreg":copowogr said:
We like those DB's from small schools in Lousiana, don't we? Jeremy Lane went to Northwestern State (in LA).

Northwestern in LA doesnt make sense to me.

lukerguy

Reaction score
If this guy is a top two round guy then I'll eat my shirt...His video vs. Mizzo was underwhelming. He may be a combine star, but JS has never been over the top with combine stars. He likes tape and instincts.

sutz

Reaction score
IIRC, it is NW Louisiana State. Wasn't that where Terry Bradshaw played?

Wisconsinhawk28

Reaction score
Would not shock me at all to see us go DB early. BB is a restricted FA next year and will be 29 to start this year. Kam is a unrestricted FA in 2014 and if we can only pay one of Kam or ET, I think its ET.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
sutz":3sxwae56 said:
IIRC, it is NW Louisiana State. Wasn't that where Terry Bradshaw played?

Nope, Terry Bradshaw played for LaTech-- Louisiana Tech-- which had been playing in the WAC for the last decade.

Interesting note- Bradshaw played behind Phil Robertson- the inventer of the Duck Commander Duck call, and is featured in DUCK DYNASTY on A&E network.

Latest posts