Intangibles Top 5

bigdaddydave

Reaction score
Who are the top 5 offensive and defensive players with the best intangibles.

Is there anyone out there that has intangibles off the chart or is something special -- aka Russell Wilson/Ray Lewis?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
If yorue just looking at intangibles and nothing else?

I can't tell you a top 5 because I dont know enough but one guy i'm familiar with who would certainly be in the discussion is Michael Clay, LB, Oregon.

Great leader. Great person. He's a winner. Supposedly everybody involved with the Oregon program says he's the best person to ever come thru the program. He's pretty small for a lb, but I think if he gets a chance he'll succeed. He's basically the Russell Wilson of linebackers.

OP
OP
bigdaddydave

bigdaddydave

Reaction score
Jseahawks: Nah, skill could be involved as well. I'm just a huge fan of drafting guys that have heart for the game and bring leadership to the team.

Do you think Khaseem Green (Spellcheck) is one of those guys? Seahawksdraftblog.com did a great writeup on him, and I'm really starting to like him!

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
That's a tough one.

I'd say Tavon Austin deserves some praise for what he does at receiver/running back and, maybe, Desmond Trufant on defense. I'll probably think of a couple more, but that's all I got for now.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Khaseem Greene is another guy. He seems like a real leader and well respected guy on his team. That Rutgers defense was damn good this last year and he was a big part of the reason. He's also got a special knack for making big plays, which puts him near the top of the intangibles list, IMO.

OP
OP
bigdaddydave

bigdaddydave

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":1kxpx5b2 said:
Khaseem Greene is another guy. He seems like a real leader and well respected guy on his team. That Rutgers defense was damn good this last year and he was a big part of the reason. He's also got a special knack for making big plays, which puts him near the top of the intangibles list, IMO.

Yeah, I'm REALLY liking khaseem! I really hope we get him!

aawolf

Reaction score
bigdaddydave":2bztgbgu said:
Recon_Hawk":2bztgbgu said:

Yeah, I'm REALLY liking khaseem! I really hope we get him!
Honestly, after the Senior Bowl, I heard an interview with him and he expects to be drafted late first round, early second. His Half-Brother is in the draft as well as an RB out of Pitt who expects to get drafted in the first couple of rounds as well. I think that if we want Khaseem, which I do, we may need to take him in the first round. He's a tackling, play-making machine and I don't think we can go wrong picking him up.

aawolf

Reaction score
One thing I've noticed about JS and PC, they don't mind taking guys early that are projected by the "experts" to go in later rounds. Take Wagner, RW, and Irvin..the experts said that they took all these guys early, but they all have the intangibles that proved the experts wrong. They seem to hold intangibles above the "measurables" and defy the conventional wisdom of the draftniks. Can't wait to see who they get this year.

justafan

Reaction score
Intangibles are the million dollar question.You never know who has the it factor most of the time.Whatever the it is.
Im not saying this kid is in the top 5 but I have been reading quite a bit about this kid and just started watching some tape by searching his name on youtube.
Kieth Pough an OLB out of Howard.Great team leader,vocal, passionate about the game, a student of the game who comes off as the type of guy everyone loves to play with and coaches love to coach.
I know i wouldn't mind seeing him picked by the hawks come draft day

“I don’t care where I go. I don’t care if I get drafted or in free agency, I don’t care what team I play for — I’ll go play butt naked in Green Bay in February, you know, just for an opportunity,” he said. “And that’s really what it comes down to. I’m so passionate about the game, it doesn’t matter who I play for. I’m just gonna be the best linebacker, teammate, special teamer on that team.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... s-let-his/

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/ ... id=2539643

http://www.optimumscouting.com/draft/ar ... esday.html

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/1/prweb10341671.htm

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2013/ ... mpetition/