Intangibles Top 5

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
Intangibles Top 5
Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:26 pm
  • Who are the top 5 offensive and defensive players with the best intangibles.

Is there anyone out there that has intangibles off the chart or is something special -- aka Russell Wilson/Ray Lewis?
    Last edited by bigdaddydave on Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    bigdaddydave
    NET Rookie

Re: Intangibles Top 5
Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:29 pm
  • If yorue just looking at intangibles and nothing else?

I can't tell you a top 5 because I dont know enough but one guy i'm familiar with who would certainly be in the discussion is Michael Clay, LB, Oregon.

Great leader. Great person. He's a winner. Supposedly everybody involved with the Oregon program says he's the best person to ever come thru the program. He's pretty small for a lb, but I think if he gets a chance he'll succeed. He's basically the Russell Wilson of linebackers.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:35 pm
  • Jseahawks: Nah, skill could be involved as well. I'm just a huge fan of drafting guys that have heart for the game and bring leadership to the team.

Do you think Khaseem Green (Spellcheck) is one of those guys? Seahawksdraftblog.com did a great writeup on him, and I'm really starting to like him!
    bigdaddydave
    NET Rookie

Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:42 pm
  • That's a tough one.

I'd say Tavon Austin deserves some praise for what he does at receiver/running back and, maybe, Desmond Trufant on defense. I'll probably think of a couple more, but that's all I got for now.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!
    Recon_Hawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:46 pm
  • Khaseem Greene is another guy. He seems like a real leader and well respected guy on his team. That Rutgers defense was damn good this last year and he was a big part of the reason. He's also got a special knack for making big plays, which puts him near the top of the intangibles list, IMO.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!
    Recon_Hawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:02 pm
  • Recon_Hawk wrote:Khaseem Greene is another guy. He seems like a real leader and well respected guy on his team. That Rutgers defense was damn good this last year and he was a big part of the reason. He's also got a special knack for making big plays, which puts him near the top of the intangibles list, IMO.

Yeah, I'm REALLY liking khaseem! I really hope we get him!
    bigdaddydave
    NET Rookie

Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:47 am
  • bigdaddydave wrote:
    Recon_Hawk wrote:Khaseem Greene is another guy. He seems like a real leader and well respected guy on his team. That Rutgers defense was damn good this last year and he was a big part of the reason. He's also got a special knack for making big plays, which puts him near the top of the intangibles list, IMO.

Yeah, I'm REALLY liking khaseem! I really hope we get him!

Honestly, after the Senior Bowl, I heard an interview with him and he expects to be drafted late first round, early second. His Half-Brother is in the draft as well as an RB out of Pitt who expects to get drafted in the first couple of rounds as well. I think that if we want Khaseem, which I do, we may need to take him in the first round. He's a tackling, play-making machine and I don't think we can go wrong picking him up.
    aawolf
    NET Starter

Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:57 am
  • One thing I've noticed about JS and PC, they don't mind taking guys early that are projected by the "experts" to go in later rounds. Take Wagner, RW, and Irvin..the experts said that they took all these guys early, but they all have the intangibles that proved the experts wrong. They seem to hold intangibles above the "measurables" and defy the conventional wisdom of the draftniks. Can't wait to see who they get this year.
    aawolf
    NET Starter

Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:15 am
  • Everyone sleeping on MATT ELAM
    SDHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Feb 06, 2013 3:55 pm

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:08 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]