Who are the players you hope other teams protect us from?

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
  • Or to put it another way, who are the players that you suspect our FO might draft that you are afraid of being busts?

For me, I'd say Barkevious Mingo. If Irvin isn't a LEO, or is at best years away from being one, what does that make Mingo? A wasted roster spot, and a wasted 1st round pick. Still, I kind of worry that Pete will be intoxicated by Mingo's speed and short area quickness. It would be a pretty huge mistake, but sadly I could see it happening. I'll definitely be rooting for Mingo to leave the board in the first 24 picks.

In the later rounds I'd probably say Jelani Jenkins. He's fast, and he'll tempt PC/JS, but the tape shows a LB that gets pushed around like Kelly Jennings playing linebacker.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• Manti Teo? i dont know if he fits our scheme and all but regardless something isnt right in his dome...
    AnchoviesofTerror
    NET Starter

• Margus Hunt, Ahsah.
    SEAHAWKS.NET. We All We Got, We All We Need
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• Jonathan Hankins and Ansah for me, sucks that the DLine talent is so top heavy with the value later IMO. I'm hoping teams start gunning and reaching sooner for QB's, like Buffalo or KC really want Glennon and trade with us or bite too soon and some more talent drops to us!
    NFL, all your Owlz are belong to us!
    12th_Bob
    NET Veteran

• Te'o most definetly
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• Alec Ogeltree. I get the fascination, but I'm worried he'll be an "upside" player who never fully reaches his potential. I'm not too impressed with his play versus the run, either.

Te'o would be atop everyone, though. I think he's a great player, but we're already solid at MLB and this whole girlfriend hoax is freakin crazy.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!
    Recon_Hawk
    NET Veteran

• I don't think we'll have to worry too much about this team selecting a MLB anytime soon in the 1st round.
    12th_Bob
    NET Veteran

• Recon_Hawk wrote:Alec Ogeltree. I get the fascination, but I'm worried he'll be an "upside" player who never fully reaches his potential. I'm not too impressed with his play versus the run, either.

Te'o would be atop everyone, though. I think he's a great player, but we're already solid at MLB and this whole girlfriend hoax is freakin crazy.

Agree on Ogletree. He's a little overrated, tons of potential though.

Exact opposite on Jarvis Jones. Wondering how much the injury factor weighs in on his eventual draft position, most have him as a top 10 pick. If he fell into the teens, I'd be ecstatic if we made a move to get him.
    CrimsonWazzu
    NET Starter

• 12th_Bob wrote:I don't think we'll have to worry too much about this team selecting a MLB anytime soon in the 1st round.

I agree, but there's still some people who think Wagner would be better off at WLB or that someone like Te'o at MLB would make us an overall better linebacker unit even with Wagner switching to WLB.
    I am Godzilla, you are Japan!
    Recon_Hawk
    NET Veteran

• If JS/PC deem a player worthy of our selection I would think that they've built up enough equity to where we'll be content with whoever they choose. It's fun to speculate and all but the idea that we as fans know/see something that they don't is quite amusing to say the least.
    SuperHawks
    NET Starter

• Teo will not be a Hawk. Book it. I even think we will get the privilege of passing on him a couple of times.
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• Scottemojo wrote:Teo will not be a Hawk. Book it. I even think we will get the privilege of passing on him a couple of times.

Unless some absolutely damning new evidence comes to light between now and draft day, I'd wager the second part of that statement doesn't come close to happening.
    SuperHawks
    NET Starter

• SuperHawks wrote:
    Scottemojo wrote:Teo will not be a Hawk. Book it. I even think we will get the privilege of passing on him a couple of times.

Unless some absolutely damning new evidence comes to light between now and draft day, I'd wager the second part of that statement doesn't come close to happening.

fish on!
    Scottemojo
    *Scott of Smacksville*
    *Scott of Smacksville*

• lol.

I am with you on Hunt. Not really against him, but I think he's a lot like Scruggs, except Scruggs is better. We already have Scruggs, and last year that player cost a 7th round pick.

Ansah is a player I'm cooling on, but I'd draft him in a heartbeat over Datone Jones if those were my only choices.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• The Teo story is a huge red flag i would not take him there's something wrong with that guy.
    General Manager
    NET Veteran

• Hunt and Tavon (in the first and 2nd).
    P-Rich fo life
    ImTheScientist
    NET Veteran

• Well, now I'm not so sure about Ansah but I would be worried about Hankins and now I would add Hunt to the list.
    12th_Bob
    NET Veteran

• 12th_Bob wrote:I don't think we'll have to worry too much about this team selecting a MLB anytime soon in the 1st round.

Who says you have to play Teo at MLB. His size and ability would allow us to play him strongside and move Wright to weakside or we might even try Teo out at weakside.

I am worried about a man that falls for some weirdo hoax though. With his poor performance in the Bowl game and this hoax, you really have to question what kind of player he's going to be. Is he easily distracted or will he be a distraction? How does he handle pressure? Can he play at a high-level consistently and play mistake free football?

I wouldn't take Teo off the board. Teo in the 2nd would be real hard to pass on, unless their's somebody else we're dying to get. You can't deny his production over the last two years and his physical ability. His mental toughness and discipline can definitely be questioned.
    firebee
    NET Veteran

• AnchoviesofTerror wrote:Manti Teo? i dont know if he fits our scheme and all but regardless something isnt right in his dome...

You have to admit, drafting Manti would add to our team's collection of hot players' wives/girl friends. Flynn, Wilson, and now Manti.
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

• (DT) Johnathan Hankins and (LB) Khaseem Green are at the top of my don't want list.
    cover-2
    NET Veteran

• Bark Mingo, Sam Montgomery, Dion Jordan, Cord Patterson. I'm worried that these guys aren't football players, just guys who have the physical traits.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

• Terrance williams
    seahawks875
    NET Rookie

• Tyler Bray...I've suffered with him long enough.
    volshawk
    NET Rookie

• Teo would be a good pick if we could shuffle the LBers around. The only problem is that the FO would have to hire someone to call him all the time and act like his girlfriend. Evidently that's the way you get the most potential out of him.
    Hawks46
    NET Veteran

• kearly wrote:lol.

I am with you on Hunt. Not really against him, but I think he's a lot like Scruggs, except Scruggs is better. We already have Scruggs, and last year that player cost a 7th round pick.

Ansah is a player I'm cooling on, but I'd draft him in a heartbeat over Datone Jones if those were my only choices.

Enlighten me please. That's not a challenge. It's just that I had Datone Jones as one of three players I'd like to see as a
    Hawk, along with Quinton Patton and Matt Scott. Jones had "the look" I thought. What is it? Work ethic? Effort? Dumb?

Players I'd like to see be somebody else's burden are: Hankins, Montgomery, Mingo and Margus Hunt. There are others.
    Almost all "developmental" and "upside" guys. I like guys who already know how to play football.

'Course the guy I'd really like is Sheldon Richardson, but that's not gonna happen.
    Last edited by two dog on Tue Feb 05, 2013 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    two dog
    NET Veteran

• two dog wrote:'Course the guy I'd really like is Sheldon Robinson but that's not gonna happen.

Sheldon Richardson?
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy
    ivotuk
    * NET Nobody *

• I go through this every year in fantasy football. This year I was hoping that someone would draft Chris Johnson early so I wouldn't be tempted.

I'd say Te'o is the obvious choice. I want no part of that idiot. Tavon Austin would be my controversial pick to hope he goes before the Hawks get a shot at him. We need size in the WR corps, not another short dude.
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

• ivotuk wrote:
    two dog wrote:'Course the guy I'd really like is Sheldon Robinson but that's not gonna happen.

Sheldon Richardson?

Right you are. I've corrected it. Why would I not remember the name of the guy I want most.
    Hell if I know, but thanks.

Greatest need (IMO) meets best draft day solution. Good three techs are hard to find and
    the consensus seems to be that he will never make it past Carolina.
    two dog
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:46 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information