CBS Sports Mocks

DannyMcGwire

Reaction score
Rob Rang http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfldraftscout-RobRang

Alex Okafor, DE, Texas: The risky (and ridiculed) selection of undersized pass rusher Bruce Irvin paid off for as the former West Virginia standout led all rookies with 8.5 sacks in 2012. His speed off the edge could be complemented with a more refined pass rusher like Okafor, whose greater length, strength and hand technique could make him a suitable complement as the team adjusts for life with top pass-rusher Chris Clemons recovering with a torn ACL.

Dane Brugler http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfldraftscout-DaneBrugler

Jesse Williams, DT, Alabama: The Seahawks have one of the better defensive fronts in the NFC, but it wouldn't be surprising to see them add some depth, especially with Alan Branch slated to hit free agency in the winter. Williams lined up at nose tackle for the Tide, but has the ability to be productive in either and even or odd front.

McGruff

Reaction score
Williams is a horrible fit, and Okafor is an unspectacular player. Okafor is a Tim Ruskell type pick, and Williams is a strict NT prospect. I'd go with Short is the Brugler draft, or Hopkins, and Floyd in Rang's draft.

ivotuk

Reaction score
McGruff":qhksvuf9 said:
Williams is a horrible fit, and Okafor is an unspectacular player. Okafor is a Tim Ruskell type pick, and Williams is a strict NT prospect. I'd go with Short is the Brugler draft, or Hopkins, and Floyd in Rang's draft.

Excellent points, especially about Okafor. From what I've read, he's limited physically but is an over acheiver.

I would laugh my ass off if AZ drafted Glennon! It would be par for the course for that franchise. IMHO, the best, and only 1st round QB is Matt Barkely, who should be chosen number one overall by KC.

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
Agreed with above. Pretty awful picks. I don't dislike Jesse Williams, but I don't see anything special or anything we need. Okafor is a Ruskell pick.

This will come off as harsh, but Rob Rang has really become pretty bad over the last few years. Unfortunately (for him), I think he gained a lot of credibility by being able to hone in on the Ruskell era, and was really accurate with their projections. Ironically, those picks were pretty horrible for the most part.

Okafor is a nice player, but is the type of pick/production that I think you can get from late R2-4, as in a productive college player with limited physical gifts.

Bottom line: SEA is in a position to draft the best player available (that fits both scheme and a 'relative need'). Now, if a need fits the talent available (ie 3 Tech or WIL), then go for it. Okafor seems like the easy way out for Rang.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I don't think Rang has come close to a Seahawks pick since Ruskell was canned

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
PC&JS are so hard to try and figure out what they have going through their head on draft day. Both of these are likely way off base, haha. I love how foolish they make draft experts look at times.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
I'll be extremely surprised if they take Okafor. Just not the type of player this team has gone after.

kearly

Reaction score
I like Okafor, but the more I think about it, the less likely he is to be a Seahawk. PC/JS prefer players that have more untapped potential than polish. It's also a reason why I'm nervous they'll pass on DeAndre Hopkins.