Non-1st round DE we could add?

12th_Bob

Reaction score
Some DE that may not fit other teams systems that we could look at after the first round. We have talked a lot about 1st rounders.

John Simon - 2nd, this dude is a pretty good edge rusher might make it to round 3 and fits LEO well I think.

William Gholston - 4th or 5th, maybe even later, this is a bit of a risk as I don't think he adds edge rush pressure but if Branch doesn't come back we are likely hoping Bryant stays healthy all year and we loose length. Gholston adds length on the edge and I think he could be a run stuffing end in case Bryant went down.

Quanterus Smith - 6th, injury risk, might force him down to the 7th but I think this guy is legit and would be fine picking him in the 4-7 rounds.

Stansly Maponga - 7th, under the radar edge rusher, I think he could be a steal.

ivotuk

Reaction score
That kid from South Carolina, Pete could motivate him. Devin Taylor, 6'8" 275# 35.75" arms, 10.25" hands. I'd take a chanc on him with our 2nd.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Simon is a tough kid but I think he is too slow. I wonder if he would make a strong MLB candidate? It will be interesting to see how his combine goes.

I'm beginning to think Buchanan will slide to the late second, early third if he has a medicare combine.

arghawkfan

Reaction score
Tank Carradine 6'5" 265, 80 tckls 13 for loss and 11.5 sacks for florida state last yr but tore his ACL in his final game...projected 3rd round grade...like this guy a lot but may have to start yr on PUP...could bring in Osi on a 1 yr deal and have Carradine come in after week 6.

Brandon Jenkins: 6'3" 260 olb/de Florida State, tore his pectoral muscle this yr, had a great 2nd yr as a seminole with 21.5 tacles for loss and 13.5 sacks, not as explosive as Carradine, but good nonetheless. 3rd r 4th round grade

David Bass: Nice measurables at 6'5" 275 and a 4.6 40 but played at missouri western so he faced lower level competition...wouldn't mind using a 6th on him

Chawker

Reaction score
arghawkfan":3ti87z8b said:
Tank Carradine 6'5" 265, 80 tckls 13 for loss and 11.5 sacks for florida state last yr but tore his ACL in his final game...projected 3rd round grade...like this guy a lot but may have to start yr on PUP...could bring in Osi on a 1 yr deal and have Carradine come in after week 6.

Brandon Jenkins: 6'3" 260 olb/de Florida State, tore his pectoral muscle this yr, had a great 2nd yr as a seminole with 21.5 tacles for loss and 13.5 sacks, not as explosive as Carradine, but good nonetheless. 3rd r 4th round grade

David Bass: Nice measurables at 6'5" 275 and a 4.6 40 but played at missouri western so he faced lower level competition...wouldn't mind using a 6th on him

B-I-N-G-O !

getnasty

Reaction score
I like Simon, he's got heart and a great motor. I think that would be a great pick in the 2nd.

OP
OP

12th_Bob

Reaction score
He kind of looks a bit like Clay Matthews on the edge but he can knife through the line of scrimmage pretty well on run plays. I'm amazed how strong against the run he is for his size, lots of savvy. He's pretty good at getting to the quarterback on tape, hopefully he is forgotten about until we pick him up in the draft!

The Florida St. DLineman could be good but I'm just a bit unsure about them, a little suspect IMO, I wouldn't mind picking one if Schneider makes that call.

Maybe another might be Texas A&M LB, Sean Porter for OLB/DE, a little light for the line but as a moving pass rush/short coverage player could be interesting. Might need to add some weight though. Probably best for us as LB, really similar to our smaller LB Smith.

Latest posts