U of Florida - Quinn knows these guys

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
I have to wonder if we will see any "special" insights from Quinn on his Florida players that will lead to a couple of draft picks from Florida? I would expect Floyd & Reed and maybe Jenkins or Sturgis would be potential picks, not sure about most of the rest of them. There are also should be significant knowledge available on other State of Florida prospects as well as the whole SEC conference full of decent prospects. That knowledge has got to help some in the coming draft. Doesn't it?
Current cbssports.com overall rankings:
#31 - (RD-1)---DT-Sharrif Floyd
#43 - (RD-2)---SS-Matt Elam
#80 - (RD-3)---TE-Jordan Reed
#92 - (RD-3)---OLB-Jelani Jenkins
#96 - (RD-4)---ILB-Jon Bostic
#119 - (RD-4)---OT-Xavier Nixon
#138 - (RD-5)---RB-Mike Gillislee
#159 - (RD-5)---OLB-Lerentee McCray
#170 - (RD-6)---FS-Josh Evans
#251 - (RD-7/FA)---PK-Caleb Sturgis

skater18000

Reaction score
CamanoIslandJQ":360gkib8 said:
I have to wonder if we will see any "special" insights from Quinn on his Florida players that will lead to a couple of draft picks from Florida? I would expect Floyd & Reed and maybe Jenkins or Sturgis would be potential picks, not sure about most of the rest of them. There are also should be significant knowledge available on other State of Florida prospects as well as the whole SEC conference full of decent prospects. That knowledge has got to help some in the coming draft. Doesn't it?
Current cbssports.com overall rankings:
#31 - (RD-1)---DT-Sharrif Floyd
#43 - (RD-2)---SS-Matt Elam
#80 - (RD-3)---TE-Jordan Reed
#92 - (RD-3)---OLB-Jelani Jenkins
#96 - (RD-4)---ILB-Jon Bostic
#119 - (RD-4)---OT-Xavier Nixon
#138 - (RD-5)---RB-Mike Gillislee
#159 - (RD-5)---OLB-Lerentee McCray
#170 - (RD-6)---FS-Josh Evans
#251 - (RD-7/FA)---PK-Caleb Sturgis

Hopefully we draft one of the following for him, if he wants any of his former defenders from Florida...

OLB-Jelani Jenkins
ILB-Jon Bostic
OLB-Lerentee McCray
FS-Josh Evans

Elam is a weird one, because taking a saftey early in this draft doesn't make to much sense but at the same time might be a thought because Quinn might like him as I do and also like the idea of KAM as WLB...

QuahHawk

Reaction score
He will know more than any scout. If we draft a guy from the Gators I'll be confident it was a good pick. I really hope Quinn can get something out of Jaye Howard, he talked him up to us and Howard was the biggest let down of this draft for us. He has a lot to prove and with a FA addition and 1 or 2 draft picks at DT Howard might have trouble making the team.

skater18000

Reaction score
Wenhawk":ogb4rdr4 said:
He will know more than any scout. If we draft a guy from the Gators I'll be confident it was a good pick. I really hope Quinn can get something out of Jaye Howard, he talked him up to us and Howard was the biggest let down of this draft for us. He has a lot to prove and with a FA addition and 1 or 2 draft picks at DT Howard might have trouble making the team.

Oh Yeah!!! Jaye Howard... I can't wait to see how that works!!! Defensive Line!!! :les: Defensive Line!!! :les: Defensive Line!!! :les: :sarcasm_off:

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Jon Bostic is a solid linebacker. Big hitter, good speed, great strength. I would love to see us pick him up in the fourth round if he's available.

Especially if we don't re-sign Leroy Hill, he would be a great addition to the team and compete with Malcom Floydd for that spot.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Wenhawk":m0evbuge said:

I don't think that's quite fair. Howard made the team. Korey Toomer didn't. Winston guy got suspended 4 games for PEDs. As a DT, Howard was playing behind Mebane, Branch and Jones.
You can only have so many guys active.

You are correct in that he will really have to prove himself to make the team this year with DT as big of a need as it is. Something to keep an eye on, for sure.

chihawk

Reaction score
Wenhawk":ej6vmtsl said:

We will know the defensive (and maybe even offensive) Florida players better than anyone else in the league.

If we draft a Florida player that fans and experts aren't high on, it's probably for a good reason...and if we don't draft a Florida player that the fans or other experts wants us to jump on, it's probably also for good reason.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Sharrif and Reed both would make me smile on draft day.

McGruff

Reaction score
chihawk":3c2qf2x5 said:
Wenhawk":3c2qf2x5 said:

We will know the defensive (and maybe even offensive) Florida players better than anyone else in the league.

If we draft a Florida player that fans and experts aren't high on, it's probably for a good reason...and if we don't draft a Florida player that the fans or other experts wants us to jump on, it's probably also for good reason.

Yep . . . Works both ways. Call it the "Taylor mays" principle.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
McGruff":uwudhsqm said:
chihawk":uwudhsqm said:
Wenhawk":uwudhsqm said:

Yep . . . Works both ways. Call it the "Taylor mays" principle.
I am more excited about Quinn's knowledge of the entire SEC from his time in Florida than just Gator players. Quinn could payoff for the next couple of drafts in that way.

Chawker

Reaction score
Florida was in the top five for least amount of yardage given up, so yes there defensive players are worth a look.

Latest posts