Brandon Jenkins 2nd round/ 3rd round Leo depth

sliv

Reaction score
This guy hurt his foot in the first game of the season this year and was out for the year but was having a great career for FSU. Maybe a possible 2nd or 3rd round candidate for Leo depth.

http://tommeltonscouting.wordpress.com/tag/brandon-jenkins/
Brandon Jenkins, DE- Jenkins is certainly the more well-known pass rusher on Florida State’s defense, but Werner is the superior prospect thanks to his size and strength. Jenkins has worked hard to add muscle to his frame, as he is currently listed at 6’3”, 260 pounds and was only about 240 when he broke out as a true sophomore. His stats may have slipped last season as he “only” had 41 tackles, 4 TFL, 8 sacks and 1 pass break-up, but that was largely due to an increase in attention from opposing offenses in the way of double teams and screens to his side of the field. The attention offenses gave to Jenkins certainly played a role in Werner’s break-out, but both are potential 1st round picks in their own right. Having that much talent at defensive end plus Tank Carradine, who would start on 95% of college football’s defensive lines but comes off the bench at Florida State, makes Florida State’s defensive line incredibly fierce even without considering the talent they have at defensive tackle. It will be interesting to see if Jenkins is actually playing at 260, my guess it he is in the 250-255 range. He might be able to get away with that at right end in the NFL, especially if he holds up against the run better as he showed the ability to do last year, but the best use of all of his athleticism might be at 3-4 outside linebacker. Regardless, he has all the burst, explosion and athletic ability you could ever want in a pass rusher, and with an 8-10 sack season this year he will likely go in the top 32 selections in April.

kearly

Reaction score
[youtube]SYHY5BgFX9w[/youtube]

Good find. He's a little stiff, but he looks the part and had a 13.5 sack season before he put on the weight. I think this is what a realistic LEO candidate could look like, because I think Seattle is going to bank on Clemons returning next year (wisely or not) and that will probably push LEO down into the 4th or 5th round range. Jenkins just seems like the kind of player Seattle would draft in the mid rounds, someone who's ability is far higher than their actual draft stock.

OP
OP
S

sliv

Reaction score
kearly":xla71ozf said:
[youtube]SYHY5BgFX9w[/youtube]

Good find. He's a little stiff, but he looks the part and had a 13.5 sack season before he put on the weight. I think this is what a realistic LEO candidate could look like, because I think Seattle is going to bank on Clemons returning next year (wisely or not) and that will probably push LEO down into the 4th or 5th round range. Jenkins just seems like the kind of player Seattle would draft in the mid rounds, someone who's ability is far higher than their actual draft stock.

You think he goes 4th or 5th? That would be awesome if he does, do you have any idea of his work ethic and want to?

kearly

Reaction score
No, not really. I just have a hunch that Seattle will invest at LEO a little later on, and when they do draft a guy in round 3-5, it will probably be someone who's roughly a 3rd round prospect like Brandon Jenkins if he's still there. I get the feeling they won't prioritize LEO, but they'll take one if a terrific value is staring them in the face.

Jenkins is ranked in the late 50s at both mocking the draft and Walter football, but he's not ranked by Rob Rang who's big board ends at 64. Based on talent he's a round 1-2 type guy, but he did miss last season with injury and had a down year before that. Seems like the kind of player that could slide into round 4 or 5 despite a higher grade.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Kid was a big time performer before the injury.. lis franc injuries are pretty rough on pass rushers though, so I think he will slide to about Round 3.. but absolutely this guy fits the idea of the Leo to the T.. in fact, on tape when I watch him.. he looks a whole lot like Clemons.

OP
OP
S

sliv

Reaction score
I wonder if he will be at the combine? Would be better for us if he doesn't go blow up the combine but if we know about him so do personel guys, 4th round would be awesome though.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
sliv":3lqw9pvo said:
I wonder if he will be at the combine? Would be better for us if he doesn't go blow up the combine but if we know about him so do personel guys, 4th round would be awesome though.

Sounds like the lis franc injury will keep him out until March so I'm guessing he works out at a pro day