Sio Moore WLB 6' 0 6/8" 240 33 3/4 arms 10 1/4 hands

sliv

Reaction score
This is another guy like Datone Jones that is starting to intrest me, I can't wait to see his times at the combine. Looks like another athletic grinder try hard guy!!!!!

lukerguy

Reaction score
With there being fewer and fewer 4-3 teams, I have a strong feeling there will be a very good WLB available in the 3rd round. It may not be Greene, but Gooden and Moore could be very good as well.

OP
OP
S

sliv

Reaction score
lukerguy":2sro5lno said:
With there being fewer and fewer 4-3 teams, I have a strong feeling there will be a very good WLB available in the 3rd round. It may not be Greene, but Gooden and Moore could be very good as well.

At this point I don't know much about him except that he is an interesting prospect, I really want to know what his times are. The only thing I have so far is this scout.com very unofficial college recruiting time of 4.57 and that his coaches say that he is excellent athlete. I taped the shrine game so I will go rewatch that, if anybody has any opinions good or bad please share....

http://sdg.scout.com/a.z?s=102&p=8&c=1&nid=3233046

OP
OP
S

sliv

Reaction score
Man watching the Rutgers game it seems like he doesn't know how to tackle. Maybe he just had a bad game...

[youtube]f3g2xNZ0Rrw[/youtube]

See good and bad, doesn't break down properly on some plays and doesn't fly to the ball, then on another play takes on a lineman and scrapes off to make a nice play.
[youtube]oWXkNbCyMjM[/youtube]

cover-2

Reaction score
I have seen a lot of Moore this past season, scouted 4 or 5 of his games. I have been high on him for awhile now and I think he is the best LB prospect outside of the 1st round. He is a smooth athletic LB that is very versatile. Moore is good in coverage, a natural pass rusher, and highly productive. At UConn he was the weak-side LB in a 4-3 and he played some DE in a 4-3 alignment. At he Senior Bowl he obviously played LB, but he also got a couple of reps at DE with outstanding results; he got a sack one play as a DE and a QB pressure on the other.

Moore stats for 2012:
72 tackles
15.5 tackles for loss
7.5 sacks
11 pass broken up

As far as Zaviar Gooden is concerned I would take him in the first three rounds of the draft. Gooden reminds me of a smaller version of Aaron Curry; incredibly fast, but instincts are below average. Gooden will probably blow up the combine, but I don't trust his instincts or coverage skills.

OP
OP
S

sliv

Reaction score
cover-2":1j4rcfgp said:
I have seen a lot of Moore this past season, scouted 4 or 5 of his games. I have been high on him for awhile now and I think he is the best LB prospect outside of the 1st round. He is a smooth athletic LB that is very versatile. Moore is good in coverage, a natural pass rusher, and highly productive. At UConn he was the weak-side LB in a 4-3 and he played some DE in a 4-3 alignment. At he Senior Bowl he obviously played LB, but he also got a couple of reps at DE with outstanding results; he got a sack one play as a DE and a QB pressure on the other.

Moore stats for 2012:
72 tackles
15.5 tackles for loss
7.5 sacks
11 pass broken up

As far as Zaviar Gooden is concerned I would take him in the first three rounds of the draft. Gooden reminds me of a smaller version of Aaron Curry; incredibly fast, but instincts are below average. Gooden will probably blow up the combine, but I don't trust his instincts or coverage skills.

well thats good to hear, I think sometimes the little game tape of prospects can be misleading. As good as our scouting department is our player development is really good too, putting the players in the best posistion to suceed and drawing the best out of them. Mike maylock said Bobby Wagner lacked instincts but who knows if thats Utah st. defensive scheme working against him because he look awesome in his rookie year. I believe in our player development, 34" arms is unique on a 6'1" dude, I want to see how he tests at the combine but he is a interesting prospect.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
I just watched Moore for the first time, last night, and I have to say, he deserves this thread bump.

This guy amazes me. He's one of the most versatile linebackers I've scouted so far and he fits the Pete Carroll unique player prototype.

Cover-2 has a great analysis on him, which I have to agree with. This guy can do everything. Cover, rush the passer, maintain the edge at the LOS, blitz, weave his way through traffic to make a play.

IMO, he flashes elite ability throughout his game. I'd like to seem him become a more consistent tackler and finisher, but he shows he's fully capable of doing that. Outside of Greene and Brown, Moore might be the next best linebacker on the board for Carroll & Co.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
English (if your reading), when it was reported that the Seahawks had scouts at the Rutgers game, maybe scouting Coleman or Greene, do you know who they were playing against?

Rutgers did play UConn.

skater18000

Reaction score
New mock...

1. Defense Tackle

2. Sio Moore (Don't doubt for a second, that it will happen)

3. Tight End

4. Denard Robinson

5. Tyrann Mathieu

5. OL (Can Never Get Enough!!!)

6. QB

7. Kicker!!! who knows???

Not much of 7th round guesser. I said Chris Polk every round from 3 - UDFA (even with already drafting Turbin) didn't happen!!! But look, we got scruggs and sweezy so... I cant complain... I'll let Pete and John pick this one (and all the rest).

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Bump. Keep an eye on this guy. He is tearing up the combine. Ran a very respectable 4.62 and was 2nd in the bench press with linebackers at 29 reps.

So far he's excelled in every event he's participated in this offseason: shrine game, senior bowl, and combine.

Oh, came in at 245 lbs, too.

Latest posts