Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Post subject: Marcus Lattimore
 Post Posted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:51 pm 
NET Veteran

Marcus Lattimore 6'0" 220 RB South Carolina
Lattimore is the type of player every team wants and needs to become successful. He is a leader on and off the field with a very high work ethics that makes the whole team better. Reminds me of a more focused Shuan Alexander who has suffered two knee injuries. Check-out his bio's and watch some tape on him. Listen to what Steve Spirrier has to say about him.
http://youtu.be/I8RuMsSjf54
Here's a tape on his rushing
http://youtu.be/ZfT0Pux50GQ

Post subject: Re: Marcus Lattimore
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:57 am 
* NET Sage *

No thanks. Hope he heals up, but unless he's slipping in the 6th round or so.. not in favor of picking him up.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:15 pm 
NET Veteran

I am all for picking him up, even though word appears to be that he may not be ready until 2014. Who knows how much Beast Mode has left to give after next year, and whether Hulk is ready to fill those shoes. A healthy Lattimore would provide an explosive weapon of grass destruction. And field turf, too.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:20 pm 
NET Veteran

I'm all for it. Kid was impressive before that injury happened.

To me, a better comparison of his running style would be a Frank Gore.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:08 pm 
NET Veteran

His doctor indicated there was no fracture of the bone with his knee injury. Only one of his ligaments needed to be surgically grafted. Two others showed some signs of damage but they didn't touch them and the fourth was good to go. No worse then what A. Peterson went though. Lattimore is a very strong and determined young man, he had the same thing happen the prior season and started in week 1. If another NFC team gets him, we will NOT win the division title in 2013.
If the Rams get him it will be one hellva dog fight in our division.
http://youtu.be/1e_s4QQz_is
http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000140483/ ... n-in-2013/

Last edited by Chawker on Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:25 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:43 pm 
NET Veteran

Lattimore is the total package when it comes to RBs, good size, good speed, soft hands, runs with power and can block, then his attitude and lead by example type of personality. If John & Pete would just meet with him he would set the bar for all others they where to meet with this draft season.
The only knock on his football abilities is Lattimore doesn't have elite top end speed. If I had to guess it would be around 4.48 to 4.55

Post Posted: Sat Mar 02, 2013 7:16 pm 
NET Veteran

Go to youtube and put in "Macus Lattimore vs Georgia" alot of good players on that bulldogs defense, he gashed them like only three times. 2010,2011 and 2012 lol
Or watch video on him at seahawk.com

Post Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:38 pm 
* NET Sage *

Chawker wrote:
His doctor indicated there was no fracture of the bone with his knee injury. Only one of his ligaments needed to be surgically grafted. Two others showed some signs of damage but they didn't touch them and the fourth was good to go. No worse then what A. Peterson went though. Lattimore is a very strong and determined young man, he had the same thing happen the prior season and started in week 1. If another NFC team gets him, we will NOT win the division title in 2013.
If the Rams get him it will be one hellva dog fight in our division.
http://youtu.be/1e_s4QQz_is
http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000140483/ ... n-in-2013/

First of all, the comparisons to Adrian Peterson are foolish. Peterson is a freak of nature..

Lattimore reminds me more of Robert Edwards than Adrian Peterson. Peterson also didn't blow both of his knees in consecutive seasons.

Look, I hope he recovers and has a successful career, I just am not very optimistic this happens. If we take a running back it should be more of the speed variety IMO.. Turbin is going to be fine as Lynch's eventual replacement.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]