Contract Restructuring

GoHawks

Reaction score
Which player contracts would you want to restructure to save cap$ to either extend future expiring contracts or for extra money to sign FA's

(1) Miller $9.8M
(2) Rice $9.7M
(3) Okung $9.0M (estimate, could be more)
(4) Lynch $8.5M
(5) Clemons $8.2M
(6) Red $7.5M
(7) Flynn $7.25M
(8) Thomas $6.0 (estimate)
(9) Mebane $5.2M
(10) Unger $5.1M
(11) Giacomi $3.75M
(12) Obo $2.47M

McGruff

Reaction score
Obo is gone IMO. That one is easy.

Rice and Miller make the most sense.

drdiags

Reaction score
I would imagine Obo is going to get cut. The more mature ones of Miller, Rice, Mebane, Okung and Thomas make most sense but the players may not want to. Red, Clemons, Lynch, Flynn, Unger and Giacomini just got done last year. I would wonder if re-doing those would not shake the confidence of the owner with his FO who just gave these players this money.

There is an $18M surplus, plus this year all NFL clubs are supposed to spend 100% of their cap space with no luxury of carrying forward huge savings from the prior year. What that means I really don't understand since the Bengals got away with not using all their cap for 2 seasons but as long as the aggregate was maxed out across all teams the Bengals weren't forced to spend?

This coming year is the first that all NFL teams have to spend all their cap. Someone more fluent on these matters will come along an point out the errors of my understandings. Hopefully.

chris98251

Reaction score
drdiags":3k39zpkj said:
I would imagine Obo is going to get cut. The more mature ones of Miller, Rice, Mebane, Okung and Thomas make most sense but the players may not want to. Red, Clemons, Lynch, Flynn, Unger and Giacomini just got done last year. I would wonder if re-doing those would not shake the confidence of the owner with his FO who just gave these players this money.

There is an $18M surplus, plus this year all NFL clubs are supposed to spend 100% of their cap space with no luxury of carrying forward huge savings from the prior year. What that means I really don't understand since the Bengals got away with not using all their cap for 2 seasons but as long as the aggregate was maxed out across all teams the Bengals weren't forced to spend?

This coming year is the first that all NFL teams have to spend all their cap. Someone more fluent on these matters will come along an point out the errors of my understandings. Hopefully.

This is why you need a good Cap guy.