DRAFT A TIGHT END - What do you think?

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
DRAFT A TIGHT END - What do you think?
Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:26 pm
  • We have Zach MIller, amazing TE. But i love the idea of draft a new TE to help MIller And Wilson


    This TE class looks excellent to me. So much depth and a whole lot of guys with the talent and skill-set to go in the first 3 rounds. I'd say all of the following have the skill-set to go in the first 3 rounds:
    1. Zach Ertz
    2. Tyler Eifert
    3. CJ Fiedorowicz
    4. Ryan Otten
    5. Travis Kelce
    6. Gavin Escobar
    7. Jordan Reed
    8. Levine Toilolo
    _________________
    ---
    Image
    User avatar
    Cirmman
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 86
    Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:44 am
    Location: Brasília - Brazil


  • Toilolo's a funny one. Many don't have him in the first 3 but he's pretty unique and I can see a few teams being interested enough that it might prompt someone to take him before the 4th. I'd take him in the late 4th, as I would Escobar.

    If Kelce fell out of the second, I'd want us to trade up to get him in the third. He's fast for someone his size, and he can get open. That said, I doubt we spend a third on TE, Miller really showed what he's capable of, and I'm sure we can find a guy in the later rounds who will have impact.
    User avatar
    SomersetHawk
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 494
    Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 6:33 am
    Location: United Kingdom


  • SomersetHawk wrote:Toilolo's a funny one. Many don't have him in the first 3 but he's pretty unique and I can see a few teams being interested enough that it might prompt someone to take him before the 4th. I'd take him in the late 4th, as I would Escobar.

    If Kelce fell out of the second, I'd want us to trade up to get him in the third. He's fast for someone his size, and he can get open. That said, I doubt we spend a third on TE, Miller really showed what he's capable of, and I'm sure we can find a guy in the later rounds who will have impact.


    For what they like to do with 2 sometimes 3 TE sets, I wouldn't be suprised or upset if they took one in the first. I'm becoming a Kelce fan as well.
    BAllenHawk
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 276
    Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 10:45 am
    Location: Tri-Cities, WA


  • BAllenHawk wrote:
    SomersetHawk wrote:Toilolo's a funny one. Many don't have him in the first 3 but he's pretty unique and I can see a few teams being interested enough that it might prompt someone to take him before the 4th. I'd take him in the late 4th, as I would Escobar.

    If Kelce fell out of the second, I'd want us to trade up to get him in the third. He's fast for someone his size, and he can get open. That said, I doubt we spend a third on TE, Miller really showed what he's capable of, and I'm sure we can find a guy in the later rounds who will have impact.


    For what they like to do with 2 sometimes 3 TE sets, I wouldn't be suprised or upset if they took one in the first. I'm becoming a Kelce fan as well.


    Wouldn't be the first time the FO's surprised me. I guess it depends on how many picks we get in the first three, as I see us going DE, LB, WR (not necessarily in that order).
    User avatar
    SomersetHawk
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 494
    Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 6:33 am
    Location: United Kingdom


  • Gavin Escobar is the only one I know anything about, I don't think its as big of a need as some think though.
    Image
    3elieve
    User avatar
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *
     
    Posts: 18759
    Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:02 am
    Location: Graham, WA


  • Ertz is the only TE I'd be thrilled about drafting early. Levine Toilolo definitely looks like he'd fit our offense. Evan Moore wasn't very good, but our FO rated him very high before signing him. Evan Moore was 6'7". Levine Toilolo is supposedly 6'8", he almost looks like a Tom Cable lineman with his height/build. Toilolo is a good run blocker and a solid pass catcher. Could make sense for Seattle in rounds 4 or 5 as a replacement for Moore.

    You just get the feeling that Gavin Escobar is going to be a 2nd or 3rd round steal for some team, but I just don't think it will be us.
    User avatar
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *
     
    Posts: 10238
    Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:44 am


  • Isn't Morrah coming back? I think he was a good TE that can catch, but was hurt this year. I believe they reached an injury settlement, but I'm sure he'd come back as long as he's healthy. They seemed to like him well enough to draft him.
    Image
    R.I.P. Dad. I miss you. You will never be forgotten
    1/12/39 - 8/7/08
    User avatar
    SharkHawk
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 3883
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:47 am


  • I dont remember who said it, might have been Tom Cable, but when they brought in Kellen Winslow they were excited about the possibilities on offense about using 2 TE sets with TEs that can block and catch, so they could disguise their intentions between running and passing and give them a lot of flexibility. So I would love another good TE that can do everything.
    User avatar
    Erebus
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 637
    Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:53 pm
    Location: Ft. Meade, MD


  • Luxury pick, and I don't think any of this classes TE's warrant us picking them over other possibilities.
    <A>
    <IMG></A>
    User avatar
    McGruff
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 1543
    Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:14 am
    Location: Blaine, WA


  • McGruff wrote:Luxury pick, and I don't think any of this classes TE's warrant us picking them over other possibilities.


    If Zach Ertz is the BPA, I wouldn't consider him a luxury pick. Its always good to go BPA if its a player you could really use, and we could really use him. I believe what kearly's saying about there being no good D-Line options for us in the 1st round. So instead of wasting a pick to reach for a need, we could immensely bolster the offense with another good TE.

    And we do need more pass catchers. Did you see how often Wilson had to scramble to buy time to throw? Part of it is because our receivers weren't getting open. Its almost as much of a need as a pass rusher. Not a luxury pick IMO.
    User avatar
    Erebus
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 637
    Joined: Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:53 pm
    Location: Ft. Meade, MD


  • I don't think Ertz is good enough to warrant picking him over some other likely first round players at WR, DE, DT, CB and OG.
    <A>
    <IMG></A>
    User avatar
    McGruff
    * NET Staff Alumni *
    * NET Staff Alumni *
     
    Posts: 1543
    Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:14 am
    Location: Blaine, WA


  • McGruff wrote:I don't think Ertz is good enough to warrant picking him over some other likely first round players at WR, DE, DT, CB and OG.


    +1
    Image
    User avatar
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2121
    Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:38 am
    Location: Graham, WA


  • Hawks' should get two TE's.
    Image
    User avatar
    MANUNITED23
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1877
    Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:27 pm
    Location: Bay Area, CA


Re: DRAFT A TIGHT END - What do you think?
Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:51 am
  • SharkHawk wrote:Isn't Morrah coming back? I think he was a good TE that can catch, but was hurt this year. I believe they reached an injury settlement, but I'm sure he'd come back as long as he's healthy. They seemed to like him well enough to draft him.

    Ruskell drafted Morrah
    SUPERBOWL!!
    User avatar
    Hawkfan77
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1650
    Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:46 pm


Re: DRAFT A TIGHT END - What do you think?
Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:54 am
  • Any chance Jared Cook isn't slapped with the franchise tag?
    World Champion
    Image
    Seattle Seahawks
    User avatar
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 855
    Joined: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:54 am
    Location: Orlando, FL


Re: DRAFT A TIGHT END - What do you think?
Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:11 pm
  • Would love Ertz in R1 or Escobar in R2/R3
    February 2, 2014... the day the dream was finally realized
    User avatar
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *
     
    Posts: 4636
    Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 4:55 pm




It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:44 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online