trade up for Warmack, am I crazy?

davidonmi

Reaction score
Am I crazy in thinkig this, pair him with Okung, a lot of analysts absolutely eat him up.

skater18000

Reaction score
Depends what we have to give up? If told me I had to give up our 1st and 2nd to pick @ 10 to 17, I would consider. Given that everyone in Seattle was love feast over the idea of drafting David Decastro last year, People will like this idea. There is to ways to look at it...

Option 1 pro's:

We would have the best offensive Line in football... Okung Warmack Unger Sweezy/Moffit Giocomini

With our next pick you probably grab your WILL LB

RESIGN BOTH BRANCH AND JASON JONES

AND THE REST OF YOUR DRAFT LOOKS LIKE THIS: DE, TE, DT, CB, WR

Option 2 con's

Didn't dedicated the early rounds to your pass rush issue but you did do something's to help it

chris98251

Reaction score
Trade up for a guy when we have huge other needs, not my idea of using your resources very well. Carpenter, Moffit, a FA, Sweezy. We have players, most are coming back from injuries and probably will contribute much better this next year as a more cohesive unit with a year of working together under their belt.

skater18000

Reaction score
chris98251":2p67axp5 said:
Trade up for a guy when we have huge other needs, not my idea of using your resources very well. Carpenter, Moffit, a FA, Sweezy. We have players, most are coming back from injuries and probably will contribute much better this next year as a more cohesive unit with a year of working together under their belt.

Agreed, but it cant ever hurt to have enough big fellas...

ruca

Reaction score
chris98251":3w3hbdf2 said:

I agree

I think the team would just have to give too much up when there are other areas in need of help. A trade up in the 1st will do that no matter the situation imo

Many fans across the league are gonna be really into Warmack and don't get me wrong op, he looks monstrous and NFL ready, but I think we're good where we are to look elsewhere.

OP
OP
davidonmi

davidonmi

Reaction score
agreed with your input, we do have other needs but our gaurds are pretty weak so it is a position of need, I have also heard this guy is perhaps the best gaurd he's ever evaluated per Mcshay and Breer (including Hutch who holds it right now). I believe the hawks will figure out pass rush in FA, and draft a wide reciever later. But man if you can dominate the LOS and passing game our offense will be incredible for years to come and pete will always hold the D together

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Remember Last year DeCastro- Guard from Stanford, was suppose to be the best prospect since Hutch. He got drafted by the Steelers. The only problem is he had very little impact this year due to injury.

So to me it's not worth it trading up big to get one player. Say that player get's injured now you have no impact with that player in the current year, + you have less rookies to groom.

Everyone was praising the Redskins trade to get RG3, but now they are out their next 2- 1st round picks and now he's on the shelf 6 or more months. Taking his injury into account it's looking alot more favorable to the Rams. I'd rather stay @ 25 and get real value for the pick.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
jlwaters1":yrw58q4k said:
Remember Last year DeCastro- Guard from Stanford, was suppose to be the best prospect since Hutch. He got drafted by the Steelers. The only problem is he had very little impact this year due to injury.

So to me it's not worth it trading up big to get one player. Say that player get's injured now you have no impact with that player in the current year, + you have less rookies to groom.

Everyone was praising the Redskins trade to get RG3, but now they are out their next 2- 1st round picks and now he's on the shelf 6 or more months. Taking his injury into account it's looking alot more favorable to the Rams. I'd rather stay @ 25 and get real value for the pick.

Not very sound logic here. I'm not saying that trading up for Warmack is the best idea, but not drafting the top prospect at a position because last year's top prospect at the same position had injury issues in his rookie season is absolutely ridiculous.

pehawk

Reaction score
No way. Rang hinted last year the Hawks wont be investing high picks in the OL again, because they believe Cable can turn ANYONE into a legit starter.

GCrow

Reaction score
Not to derail from main question to much, but instead of trading up i'd rather just sit tight and hope Jonathon Cooper is available at 25. Would definietly not be against drafting him there as we need to upgrade that Right Guard spot BIG TIME!

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
hawksfan515":27wvjdzi said:
Throwdown":27wvjdzi said:
considering Carpenters our LG, I'm not moving up for a RG, you crazy?

The Sweez is our RG of the future anyways.
:13:

Its funny how little patience people have around here. If the .net fans had their way PC/Bevell would both be fired and we would be rolling with Flynn.

HawksSoc

Reaction score
Seanhawk":10wejlyb said:
jlwaters1":10wejlyb said:

Not very sound logic here. I'm not saying that trading up for Warmack is the best idea, but not drafting the top prospect at a position because last year's top prospect at the same position had injury issues in his rookie season is absolutely ridiculous.

Um I think his point was not to trade up lots, thereby putting all your eggs in one basket to get one guy, rather then drafting the best prospect available. The two examples he gives are the two biggest trades from last year's draft and he mentions specifically 'So to me its not worth it trading up big to get on player'.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
HawksSoc":2r22pge6 said:
Seanhawk":2r22pge6 said:
jlwaters1":2r22pge6 said:

Um I think his point was not to trade up lots, thereby putting all your eggs in one basket to get one guy, rather then drafting the best prospect available. The two examples he gives are the two biggest trades from last year's draft and he mentions specifically 'So to me its not worth it trading up big to get on player'.

Steelers took DeCastro with their original pick...no trade involved there.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
pehawk":29ils9u7 said:
No way. Rang hinted last year the Hawks wont be investing high picks in the OL again, because they believe Cable can turn ANYONE into a legit starter.

He also said we'd be surprised by how close the Notre Dame-Alabama game would be because ND's offensive and defensive lines were both SEC quality.

And he said Jimmy Clausen to Seattle with the #6 pick in his final 2010 mock draft.

And he said Cam Newton wasn't a first round pick.

I shall stop now.

pehawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3fkv53ar said:
pehawk":3fkv53ar said:

He also said we'd be surprised by how close the Notre Dame-Alabama game would be because ND's offensive and defensive lines were both SEC quality.

And he said Jimmy Clausen to Seattle with the #6 pick in his final 2010 mock draft.

And he said Cam Newton wasn't a first round pick.

I shall stop now.

Yeah, but when the Seahawks we're the laughing stock of the NFL by drafting Lofa, he said "Lofa will lead the Seahawks in jersey sales within a few months". I give him credit for that.

I agree with the logic. Cable's had a few picks and proved himself so adept, he's not getting any more high picks. You disagree?

Hutch wasn't a need pick, total BPA. I guess if that repeated, ya have too.