Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Post subject: Free Agency and how it could impact the draft?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:06 am 
NET Starter

How will the free agency market affect the draft? It seems to me our biggest needs are an interior pass rusher, DE and WR. Does someone have a guess what our cap room will look like? Will we have the cap room to make some big moves in the free agency market? Can we fill any of those needs with free agents? Do we have the room to sign one of the big time WRs in FA? For WR mike wallace, greg jennings and dwayne bow are available. Are any of the DTs or DEs that are available guys that could end up in seattle and help this defense get over the pass rush hump?

It would be really nice to fill one of these needs in FA so we can focus on the others in the draft.

Post subject: Re: Free Agency and how it could impact the draft?
 Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:06 am 
* NET Philistine *

I wouldn't expect a big splash in Free Agency but more of a couple short term, team friendly deals. Schneider is going to want to keep contracts on the cheap and build through savvy drafting on the cheap. Which is why I don't expect Wallace to be a Seahawk next year because someone is going to overpay for him and we really don't have the room.

However, it makes a player like Starks an attractive option for a couple years.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:02 am 
NET Rookie

Sarlacc83 wrote:
I wouldn't expect a big splash in Free Agency but more of a couple short term, team friendly deals. Schneider is going to want to keep contracts on the cheap and build through savvy drafting on the cheap. Which is why I don't expect Wallace to be a Seahawk next year because someone is going to overpay for him and we really don't have the room.

I'm starting to become a huge Starks guy. However I read somewhere that Miami has a lot of cap space to play with. We'll see how it works out.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:48 pm 
* Master Chief *
* Master Chief *

I expect very limited free agency activity. We need to be really smart with cap space to keep our core together, and we have a roster that begs for small changes - esepcially ones that won't break the bank.

"I will be thrilled with 10 wins.... If we win 14 games, I will tattoo my nuts green and blue!" --13thMan

Post Posted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:12 am 
NET Rookie

Sarlacc83 wrote:

Of all DT's available I think he is the one we could get without breaking the bank and he is high quality
IMO
Henry Melton (CHI) - DT, Michael Johnson (CIN) - DE, get tagged

Desmond Bryant (OAK) - DT, young solid on both sides, pass rush not better then Jones, but younger

Richard Seymour (OAK) - DE/DT alot like branch, off an injury, older solid vet on a crappy team for many years still holdin it down

Cliff Avril (DET) - DE - slightly worse then Clemons on both pass rush but very solid, great motor, not nearly the run defender young but will be over priced if not franchised, I say pass him by

Jason Jones (SEA) - DT when he was healthy he was effective, We could get him cheaper than last year but how much do we get to use him?

Randy Starks (MIA) - DT Versital gets sacks from Tackle position plays run well, I think he is the answer and he maybe willing to sign a year to year deal or maybe a 3 year deal he is 29 not real injury history, only has misssed 2 games in his carrer since drafted, oh and did I mention he is a run emliminator. ok so I like him

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]