William Gholston, DE, Michigan

HighlandHawk

Reaction score
6'6, 278lbs

Maybe a bit bigger than Clemons for the LEO (but keep in mind Raheem Brock was a LEO at around 275lbs as well) but he could probably lose a few pounds anyway to see if he can be a bit lighter on his feet. Looks pretty solid, watched him against Wisconsin and he's able to get good pressure, defends the run well and isn't reliant on pure speed or power can mix up his moves. Seems to be projected around the late 2nd into the 3rd round but I'd be happy to pick him up in the second. Much more of an every down DE with good length/range.

And yeah, Vernon Gholston is his cousin.

[youtube]ieL160yUUlc[/youtube]

ivotuk

Reaction score
There is a question about attitude, and of course Vernon was a major bust. William keeps getting stupid penalties ala Richie Incognito.

Kelly.Orr

Reaction score
I really like the height. Should be able to bat down some balls and have that extra reach to drag a QB down if need be.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
I like the big three guys from Michigan State as later picks since they seem to be the nasty physical types we could use more of. (Bell, Sims, and Gholston)

Not sure if Gholston is that big time pass rusher but he can play on the edge and not get run over, rotationally against the run he could be valuable against a team like San Francisco.