Updated 2013 mock draft - if you need a break from Te'o-gate

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
F0633848 9674 4b7a 896b 0ae316dff190

I know I need a break from it.

LINK: http://seahawksdraftblog.com/mock-draft ... th-january

For this weeks mock I have to go with a defensive lineman. Was there any choice after everything that’s been said over the last few days? I considered John Simon (DE, Ohio State), Alex Okafor (DE, Texas) and Sharrif Floyd (DT, Florida). Then I remembered what we’re dealing with here. John Schneider says there are ‘unique’ pass rushers available. This is a team that consistently thinks outside of the box. And I thought, why not?

Why not just put Margus Hunt with the Seahawks this week?

pehawk

Reaction score
The Seahawk blurb made me laugh.

And, you want a left field team for Barkley? The RAMS. Nothing to base that on, other than my vagina, just an odd little thought.

mistaowen

Reaction score
I bet the Redskins trade away their 2015 2016 and 2017 drafts to move up for Barkley.

Subzero717

Reaction score
What happened to Barkley?

I saw this kid in his bowl game and wss really impressed. I think he is so freakish his combine will put him way out of reach.

pehawk

Reaction score
I dont know isht about drafting - but I youtube this guy and watched 3 games of snaps. Looks like the Brian Russell of DT/DE's - meaning he doesn't REALLY like contact, unless its a clear blindside shot on someone. He'd lead the league in JOP's.

Dont get your knickers in a bunch over this, English. You're 100x the expert I am. I'm just telling you what I saw; kind of a pussy.

OP
OP
theENGLISHseahawk

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
BadGuy711":d84cldqq said:
Rob what can you tell us about Justin Hunter?

Bad ACL last year but came back this season, some would say a little too early. Similar frame to AJ Green but obviously he isn't AJ Green. Sparky, competitive, gets open, not overly physical. Lacks concentration at times and had some sloppy plays in 2012. Never looked completely comfortable last year, probably forced his way back too soon knowing he intended to go pro.

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3192ga9n said:
BadGuy711":3192ga9n said:
Rob what can you tell us about Justin Hunter?

Bad ACL last year but came back this season, some would say a little too early. Similar frame to AJ Green but obviously he isn't AJ Green. Sparky, competitive, gets open, not overly physical. Lacks concentration at times and had some sloppy plays in 2012. Never looked completely comfortable last year, probably forced his way back too soon knowing he intended to go pro.

I guess if we did draft him, it would be as the eventual replacement for Rice? He's a great athlete, like a lot of the guys at Tennessee (I think he runs in the high 4.3/low 4.4's when completely healthy) but do you think he'd instantly improve this team? Where would he get his snaps/who for?

I'm not trying to question the impact he'd have, I really like him (although I'd prefer Hopkins, in the first/early second). He gets open more than guys like Patterson and Allen and that's something that will benefit Russ because it's something Sidney, Golden and Doug haven't been able to do consistently. I just want to know how you'd feel about this pick, do you think he'd make an immediate impact? Your mocks are what you think might happen, but who are the guys you want? (bar Hopkins who I think you've mentioned)