Free Agency and how it could impact the draft?

polarbill1999

Reaction score
How will the free agency market affect the draft? It seems to me our biggest needs are an interior pass rusher, DE and WR. Does someone have a guess what our cap room will look like? Will we have the cap room to make some big moves in the free agency market? Can we fill any of those needs with free agents? Do we have the room to sign one of the big time WRs in FA? For WR mike wallace, greg jennings and dwayne bow are available. Are any of the DTs or DEs that are available guys that could end up in seattle and help this defense get over the pass rush hump?

It would be really nice to fill one of these needs in FA so we can focus on the others in the draft.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I wouldn't expect a big splash in Free Agency but more of a couple short term, team friendly deals. Schneider is going to want to keep contracts on the cheap and build through savvy drafting on the cheap. Which is why I don't expect Wallace to be a Seahawk next year because someone is going to overpay for him and we really don't have the room.

However, it makes a player like Starks an attractive option for a couple years.

BAllenHawk

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1f52e120 said:
I wouldn't expect a big splash in Free Agency but more of a couple short term, team friendly deals. Schneider is going to want to keep contracts on the cheap and build through savvy drafting on the cheap. Which is why I don't expect Wallace to be a Seahawk next year because someone is going to overpay for him and we really don't have the room.

I'm starting to become a huge Starks guy. However I read somewhere that Miami has a lot of cap space to play with. We'll see how it works out.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
I expect very limited free agency activity. We need to be really smart with cap space to keep our core together, and we have a roster that begs for small changes - esepcially ones that won't break the bank.

SeaHawk80

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":1fd0fewv said:

Of all DT's available I think he is the one we could get without breaking the bank and he is high quality
IMO
Henry Melton (CHI) - DT, Michael Johnson (CIN) - DE, get tagged

Desmond Bryant (OAK) - DT, young solid on both sides, pass rush not better then Jones, but younger

Richard Seymour (OAK) - DE/DT alot like branch, off an injury, older solid vet on a crappy team for many years still holdin it down

Cliff Avril (DET) - DE - slightly worse then Clemons on both pass rush but very solid, great motor, not nearly the run defender young but will be over priced if not franchised, I say pass him by

Jason Jones (SEA) - DT when he was healthy he was effective, We could get him cheaper than last year but how much do we get to use him?

Randy Starks (MIA) - DT Versital gets sacks from Tackle position plays run well, I think he is the answer and he maybe willing to sign a year to year deal or maybe a 3 year deal he is 29 not real injury history, only has misssed 2 games in his carrer since drafted, oh and did I mention he is a run emliminator. ok so I like him