10 Draft Picks?

salukihawk12

Reaction score
Tucked deep in Clare's recap of VMAC activities today was this little nugget:

“We’ve got 10 picks going into this draft, which is fantastic for us,” Carroll said. “I can’t imagine all the work that John (Schneider, the GM) is going to turn out with all those opportunities.”

I'm assuming we are getting that extra 4/5 from Curry transaction, but the other two?? For T.Jackson and Ruud?
Anyone heard any details on those picks??

Also I guess that means we for sure aren't losing that pick to the Bucs for Winslow??

JS/PC with 10 picks is DANGEROUS!! :0190l: :0190l: :0190l:

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
hawksfan515":1utdrdbi said:
I want more. Trade down, trade some players for more.

That's what rebuilding teams do, teams that need to completely flush the roster and start from scratch. That's not what the Seahawks are now. Seattle's roster is already largely set for 2013, even before the start of free agency. 10 rookies are not going to make the 2013 Seattle Seahawks team, never mind 11+. The Seahawks are just a couple of impact players on each side of the ball away from being truly championship caliber, so if anything they are now more likely to be looking to trade UP in the early rounds to get those impact players who otherwise wouldn't fall to their late picks in each round. This is a team on the cusp of greatness, the days of trading down on Days 1/2 in order to stockpile Day 3 practice squad-type developmental prospects are o-vah.

The Battle #83

Reaction score
We should trade up. No matter how good those 10 players will be not all of them will make the roster because we have a good team.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
WE could always trade 1 or 2 for picks next year just one round better. I'd give up this years 2nd, 3rd, or 4th for next years 1st, 2nd, or 3rd.

I also this this is a good year to get two 2nd round picks. Mabye we can send Flynn plus our 3rd for an early 2nd to whatever QB hungry team gets left of of the Qb sweepstakes this year.

CrimsonWazzu

Reaction score
Wenhawk":1h1so9j6 said:
WE could always trade 1 or 2 for picks next year just one round better. I'd give up this years 2nd, 3rd, or 4th for next years 1st, 2nd, or 3rd.

I also this this is a good year to get two 2nd round picks. Mabye we can send Flynn plus our 3rd for an early 2nd to whatever QB hungry team gets left of of the Qb sweepstakes this year.

Like the Flynn idea, not sure about the other. If anything I'd trade picks to move up this year. This years draft is very week, it would be good value to dump as many later round picks as we can if it helps us in a trade for players or to move up.

Hawk n Load

Reaction score
Three of the picks are 7th rounders, if I'm not mistaken. That's basically calling out your UDFAs a little early. Not that it can't hit--Doug Baldwin was a steal--but it is low-probability stuff at that point.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
salukihawk12":62upvbfl said:

“We’ve got 10 picks going into this draft, which is fantastic for us,” Carroll said. “I can’t imagine all the work that John (Schneider, the GM) is going to turn out with all those opportunities.”

I'm assuming we are getting that extra 4/5 from Curry transaction, but the other two?? For T.Jackson and Ruud?

Also I guess that means we for sure aren't losing that pick to the Bucs for Winslow??

JS/PC with 10 picks is DANGEROUS!! :0190l: :0190l: :0190l:
He also went on to say something along the lines of, 'they are gonna have to compete hard and not all of them may make it.'

mikeak

Reaction score
The Battle #83":172rggbw said:
We should trade up. No matter how good those 10 players will be not all of them will make the roster because we have a good team.

Personally I think chances are better that one out three 7 rounders make it over one 6th rounder....

OP
OP
salukihawk12

salukihawk12

Reaction score
While I agree that it's a numbers game and obviously not all the picks will make it, the other way to look at it is the more picks JS gets, the likely one is going to hit BIG, giving us another superstar rather than role players.

tubbs51

Reaction score
salukihawk12":gyoniej6 said:

JS/PC with 10 picks is DANGERUSS!! :0190l: :0190l: :0190l:

Fixed for accuracy.

But yeah 10 picks are awesome.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
If we bolster one position liek LB with three 7th round picks I think we would easily get a starter our of it. Basically Pete woudl say only one of you is making this team and they would compete like hell. We could get 3 guys who had attitude or injury problems and if they can overcome and fit in then we have another steal.

In 2011 we drafted
2 CB's
Sherman and Maxwell we got 1 Starter and one backup
2 LB's
Wright and Smith we got 1 Starter and 1 semi starter

In 2012 we drafted
2 LB's
Wagner and Toomer we got 1 Starter and one bust
2 DT's
Howard and Scruggs and got 1 bust and a solid rotational guy

In 2013
I'd like to see 2 TE's, 2 LB's, and 2 DL

we can get by with 1 WR, 1 OL and 1 QB

I think CB and S are deep enough, Sherm, BB, Lane, and Maxwell are fine let Tru adn WT3 battler for #5

Kam, ET, JJ, and Guy are a solid Saftey group as well.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Wenhawk":28twridw said:
If we bolster one position liek LB with three 7th round picks I think we would easily get a starter our of it. Basically Pete woudl say only one of you is making this team and they would compete like hell. We could get 3 guys who had attitude or injury problems and if they can overcome and fit in then we have another steal.

In 2011 we drafted
2 CB's
Sherman and Maxwell we got 1 Starter and one backup
2 LB's
Wright and Smith we got 1 Starter and 1 semi starter

In 2012 we drafted
2 LB's
Wagner and Toomer we got 1 Starter and one bust
2 DT's
Howard and Scruggs and got 1 bust and a solid rotational guy

In 2013
I'd like to see 2 TE's, 2 LB's, and 2 DL

we can get by with 1 WR, 1 OL and 1 QB

I think CB and S are deep enough, Sherm, BB, Lane, and Maxwell are fine let Tru adn WT3 battler for #5

Kam, ET, JJ, and Guy are a solid Saftey group as well.

So Howard's a bust already? :|

Bipolar

Reaction score
Given the fact that we will be picking at #25 overall, we probably aren't going to grab someone elite in the first round anyway.

We should totally trade up and get like 2 first rounders and 3 second rounders. Championship!

the fact that the Rams get 2 first round picks really makes me nervous...

Axx

Reaction score
we got a 6th or 7th round pick for T-jack, the rule was if T-jack is activated for 6+games its a 6th round pick, if hes not its a 7th round pick.

Either way i think this year should be year to trade up for some 2nd and 3rd rounders.

I want to see a completely revamped 2013 D-line.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Wenhawk":3futxoav said:

That'd actually be a wonderful idea. I wouldn't be sold on doing it with a 2nd round pick because I think 1st and 2nd rounds at this point are too important for our needs. But doing it for a 3rd to a 2nd, or a 4th to a 3rd, especially in a year we anticipate picking very, very low is an outstanding idea.

My ultimate dream scenario would be trading this year's 3rd with Jacksonville for their next year's 2nd, and if we have more than one 4th round, trading ours to Oakland or Kansas City for their 3rd. That way you've virtually guaranteed yourself a high rounder in at least one of those rounds next year, if not both.

Trading up in this one would be a possibility I think only if there was a prime, U.S. Grade A defensive lineman or marquee wide receiver sitting just a little too high to snag with #25. Otherwise, no.

aawolf

Reaction score
Since y'all have had good luck with NC State grads recently (Wilson, Sweezy, and Hauschka), maybe you could find another diamond in the rough on our team. At NC State, the top draft prospect is Amerson, who set a record for INTs last year as a CB, but y'all don't need him and he'll likely go in round 1 or 2. Then, Glennon, our QB, who will probably go in round 1 or 2 as well, but you don't need him either (though it would be ironic if he backed up Russell since Russell was offered to stay at NC State and back him up his last year of eligibility). The diamond in the rough that can be had in the later rounds (5-7) from NC State is Earl Wolff--he's a safety, and I know you are pretty deep at that position, but he is one of those hard-working, balls-to-the-wall, great football players that seems to be in every play and is extremely undervalued from what I dan tell going into the draft (much like Wilson and Sweezy, who were undervalued as well).

Zowert

Reaction score
Trade up. It would be nice to get a top ten pick, so we can grab a guy that's going to make an immediate impact. Especially in one of the few holes we have on the roster. Seahawks should grab a DT and DE. Then a WR that has potential to be an elite NFL receiver. We need that "AJ Green" of this years draft. But hopefully we can sneak him out of the second round.

I would give up this year's second and fourth, plus next year's third or fourth for a Top 5 pick. Usually trading up that far takes a lot of bargaining and you'll have to give up a few valuable picks. But if the talent is there, its worth it. With PC and JS's ability to spot talent, I would go for it. I really hope they're working the phones in the war room come draft day.

Imagine what the Seahawks could get with two first round picks. A 4th overall and a 20-something overall.

Latest posts