Throwdown's way too early, but what he'd like to see mock

Throwdown

Reaction score
Hi guys! Well after yesterdays loss, its time to focus on the offseason and you know what that means, draft time!!!

Round 1: DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson. Too many times we seen Wilson scramble because no one got open and still had to throw the ball away because no one got open even with the play being extended by Wilson, I know we like Rice and Tate but we need more talent.

Round 2: Sharrif Floyd, DT, Flordia. Dude will probably rise in draft stock but who knows? 2 sacks against Louisville, maybe he could provide the pass rush we need from the interior.

Round 3: Micah Hyde, CB, Iowa. CB? whaaaaaaaaat? yessir! Micah Hyde is the mold of CB we like big, physically imposing. With Browner's contract coming up here soon, do they give him the money he could be looking for? Either way, Hyde would be an improvement over what we have at nickle.

Round 4: Hugh Thornton, OG, Illinois. Sweezy isn't good, Moffitt doesn't ever get to see the field, might need to add someone to the mix to make the RG position a competitive one in TC & Preseason.

Whatch'yall thinkin'?

kearly

Reaction score
I like Shariff Floyd, and despite Jaye Howard's inability to crack the active roster, I still consider the Florida / Dan Quinn connection to be valuable. Floyd is not a bad selection in round 2, and I expect that's where he'll go.

The problem is, Floyd isn't going to save our D-line. If Seattle really wants to stick with the Red Bryant philosophy, then they will need a Warren Sapp type megastar at the 3-tech to justify it. Floyd looks like an NFL-average caliber player (which I consider a compliment), and does not possess tools that make you think he has tons of untapped upside. He wouldn't be a bad pick, but counting on Floyd to fix our problems up front is even more pollyannaish than when people thought Jason Jones would be our savior last year.

In this kind of scenario, I'd rather just sign Jones back and spend that 2nd round pick on a player who has a chance to be special, whether it's a DT or something else. I think Rob is on to something when he highlighted Margus Hunt. I bet Seattle would be the team to "reach" on him this April and then look like geniuses for it in retrospect. I'd prefer to wait until the 3rd to draft Hunt, but it would be like Seattle to reach for players like that in the earlier rounds.

GCrow

Reaction score
I'm liking Joe Kruger out of Utah alot more than Margus Hunt lately. Built in the same mold 6-7 280, crazy athletic and stuffs the stat sheet. Also lower on most big boards currently - probably cause most seem suprised that he came out this early - than Hunt so could be had later (though I think he'll go second round). Other side notes his brother is Paul Kruger who dominated the second half of the season for the Ravens, and states he is the most athletic one in the family and dosen't even turn 21 till June (whereas Hunt is 25 already and still learning the game somewhat.
Type of player who could rotate with Red and not be expected to be full time starter from day one but should be more than ready to take over the 5, while he still is young.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
GCrow":2n9toly8 said:
I'm liking Joe Kruger out of Utah alot more than Margus Hunt lately. Built in the same mold 6-7 280, crazy athletic and stuffs the stat sheet. Also lower on most big boards currently - probably cause most seem suprised that he came out this early - than Hunt so could be had later (though I think he'll go second round). Other side notes his brother is Paul Kruger who dominated the second half of the season for the Ravens, and states he is the most athletic one in the family and dosen't even turn 21 till June (whereas Hunt is 25 already and still learning the game somewhat.
Type of player who could rotate with Red and not be expected to be full time starter from day one but should be more than ready to take over the 5, while he still is young.

So now the age-old question: To what extent is Kruger's production a byproduct of Lotulelei's presence?

GCrow

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":1jutvko7 said:
GCrow":1jutvko7 said:

So now the age-old question: To what extent is Kruger's production a byproduct of Lotulelei's presence?

:shock: Not a hot clue to be honest.
Though in the limited plays i've seen of him he seems to consistently be able to push back O-Lineman with relative ease.

BamKam

Reaction score
Honestly I wouldn't waste a first rounder on this years WR class. I dont really see any elite but a lot of very good WR's. Except for Justin Smith who I think has potential to be elite and I would love to snag him in the 2nd round.

I think in the first round you address our pass rush needs and if their really isn't anybody there then trade the pick for some more picks as I think we are a very well rounded team except in an area or two.

skater18000

Reaction score
1. Round Ansah

2. Round Any 230-240 pound, 4.4 - 4.5 WLB (heard the possibilities of names like Arthur Brown, C.J Mosely, Kyle Van Noy)

3. Round TE!!! MORE DIRE NEED THAN WR!!!

4. Now you clean up and take a receiver or cornerback (note: Thurmond was a 4th and Sherm was a 5th)

cubbyhawkfan

Reaction score
1. Round Ansah

2. Round Any 230-240 pound, 4.4 - 4.5 WLB (heard the possibilities of names like Arthur Brown, C.J Mosely, Kyle Van Noy)

3. Round TE!!! MORE DIRE NEED THAN WR!!!

4. Now you clean up and take a receiver or cornerback (note: Thurmond was a 4th and Sherm was a 5th)[/quote]

Van Noy and Mosely are both returning to school and Brown shouldn't or won't make it to our second round pick more than likely due to being one of the top LB prospects in this years draft

Latest posts