Should the Seahawks make a Julio Jones like trade?

pugs1

Reaction score
the Seahawks have 10 picks. Should they make a move like the Falcons did two years ago To get the top DE in the draft?

SeatownJay

Reaction score
I actually think Seattle should trade out of the first round this year, pick up another second and a 2014 first round pick from someone and then use the two 2014 first round picks in a package to get Jadaveon Clowney.

Giblien

Reaction score
YES! For the love of Pete, yes! Don't get me wrong, I love our FO, but I think we need to make the the d line a big priority in the draft and I think we should trade up and get an elite DT or end. The Seahawks are no longer in rebuilding mode and should have a legitimate shot at the Super Bowl for AT LEAST the next two seasons. The time to make big moves is NOW!

Red Beard

Reaction score
I don't see anyone in this draft worth pulling this kind of trade for. With where we sit now, we're in a prime spot to find a good player at a position of need. Lots of late 1st round to early 2nd round talent at WR. If anything, I'd make a trade up using Flynn and our 2nd or 3rd to move up in the 2nd. Even if we snag a WR in the 1st, I see a lot of names available in the early to mid 2nd that I would LOVE on the Hawks. Not sure it happens, but it would be ideal IMO (outside of some studs falling to us at our original picks of course).

kobebryant

Reaction score
If either Sheldon Richardson or Star Lotuleleie Make it past 10th then I would seriously start to think about. I don't see a DE worth it. If the Bears franchise tag Melton I think about making that deal.

Smart teams from time to time jump up to get the guy they want; Falcons (Julio) Packers (Matthews).

Just don't see how there is room for 10 draft picks to make the team next season.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
No, JS doesn't like moving up, move down if anything. Increases the chances of getting another Richard Sherman/Russell Wilson/Kam Chancellor/good player! Our FO is amazing, screw trading up!

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Not this year. Give me one more great draft and then I'd consider making a big trade up to get that one guy. I think we are still short on a couple of key depth spots and even a starter spot or two. And with way this team drafts, even next year I might not. It would almost seems a waste of our front office's talent by getting rid of picks.

ivotuk

Reaction score
kobebryant":3uvaya7q said:
If either Sheldon Richardson or Star Lotuleleie Make it past 10th then I would seriously start to think about. I don't see a DE worth it. If the Bears franchise tag Melton I think about making that deal.

Smart teams from time to time jump up to get the guy they want; Falcons (Julio) Packers (Matthews).

Just don't see how there is room for 10 draft picks to make the team next season.

+1

samwize77

Reaction score
I haven't really followed college football the last couple years so I'm not to up on who's out there. But with this FO I think trading down is always a good idea. Gotta keep in mind how JS and PC draft....I'm sure we'll all be surprised in th end!

kearly

Reaction score
Getting future 1sts isn't easy to do. In the last 3 drafts, only once that I'm aware of has a team dealt a future 1st to move back into the 1st round, and that was the Saints for Ingram (I'm excluding RG3 since that was a rare situation with a pick we'll never come close to). I think GMs saw how badly Carolina and Denver got burned in their future 1st deals from 2009, and have been very gun shy about those deals since.

Even if we got that future 1st, it might not be enough to get Clowney. It takes a ton to move up from the late 20s / early 30s to #1 for any player, but for Clowney it would probably take an RG3 type haul. I just don't see it happening.

A simple move up from #25 to #15 (if Werner falls that far) is fairly plausible though. I would expect Seattle to at least consider it. I have a hunch Werner goes in the top 10 picks though. I really hope Carroll considers Jarvis Jones despite the neck injury / USC history. The incredible upside and Seattle's potential desperation at DE next year more than justify the risk, IMO.

While I would absolutely support a trade up for a pass rusher, that #25 pick actually looks pretty valuable this year and shouldn't be discounted based on how that pick usually performs. This draft is looking an awful lot like 2009- poor in the top 10 picks but stellar in the 20s. Ertz, Hopkins, and other great options could realistically be had without moving, and if I were Seattle I wouldn't move down and tempt losing that unless the offer was too good to pass up.

cover-2

Reaction score
Yeah, this is the year to move up in the draft to get a game changer. With our roster there no way 10 rookies are going to make the roster cuts. I'm all for trading up if it is one of the following players, (OLB/DE) Alec Ogeltree, (DT) Sheldon Richardson, or Star Lotulelei.

I could see us stay with our 1st round pick #25 and trade up in the 2nd and 3rd rounds for specific players.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
cover-2":1f8p7nbj said:
Yeah, this is the year to move up in the draft to get a game changer. With our roster there no way 10 rookies are going to make the roster cuts. I'm all for trading up if it is one of the following players, (OLB/DE) Alec Ogeltree, (DT) Sheldon Richardson, or Star Lotulelei.

I could see us stay with our 1st round pick #25 and trade up in the 2nd and 3rd rounds for specific players.

I agree there's no way 10 rookies make this team, but the rounds 1-4 guys should be able to, and that's what you'd be trading away to move up from #25 to top-10.

I do like the idea of trading up into the 2nd and 3rd for certain players. Then we're talking about giving up 4th rd and later draft picks, instead of more valuable 1st and 2nd rounders.

davidonmi

Reaction score
J'daveon Clowney will be the #1 pick who in their right mind would not want him and trade the pick.

bigfatguy64

Reaction score
davidonmi":1m4lkjd7 said:
J'daveon Clowney will be the #1 pick who in their right mind would not want him and trade the pick.

Pretty much anybody picking first. They'd be able to probably get an RG3 level trade which would do a lot more to help build a team than bringing in a DE

City Of Reign

Reaction score
kobebryant":221vw8zy said:

+1 as well

I'd love to see Star Lotuleilei on this team :D :D

seedhawk

Reaction score
To those disputing the chance for 10 Rooks to make the team, at the end of this year, of the 57 players on the roster, 13 were Rooks, plus 11 in their 2nd and 11 in their 3rd years. 4 in their 4th, 5 in their 5th, 5 in their 6th, and 12 7+.

Now I understand the rebuild, and the so called 4 year plan, but, with this years success in the books, could it be that PC/JS stick with the young, hungry, chip on the shoulder, screw the league norm what can this guy bring to us to make us not only different but better draft/udfa method?

So far, it has worked wonders. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

GoHawks

Reaction score
Consider it like a lottery ticket for the 2014 draft, like SeatownJay said, trade out of the 1st round with a team that you believe will be picking in the top 5 in 2014 and or consider including a player ( Flynn?) or some other player that we have depth to cover the position without much fall-off in production and get us in a position to draft Jadaveon Clowney in 2014.

Pick up Stop-gap players in FA to improve the pass rush such as DE - Osi Umenyora and DT - Randy Starks, until we are in position to draft the players desired at those positions

purpleworld

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":39eo0yfr said:
cover-2":39eo0yfr said:

I agree there's no way 10 rookies make this team, but the rounds 1-4 guys should be able to, and that's what you'd be trading away to move up from #25 to top-10.

I do like the idea of trading up into the 2nd and 3rd for certain players. Then we're talking about giving up 4th rd and later draft picks, instead of more valuable 1st and 2nd rounders.

This is what i am hoping for as well....we need QUALITY in this draft, not quantity. So i am all for trading picks to move up to get the one or two elite players that will be game-changers!