How excited are you for the draft?

-The Glove-

Reaction score
As disappointing as this loss was, I can't help but be excited for the future. I've never been a big draft guy until these last 2 seasons. Seeing what this FO can do with unheralded players is ridiculous. Plus an entire offseason for Wagner, Wilson, Irvin, Sweezy, Smith, Scruggs and Guy? That's just crazy...I for one am very excited for this offseason.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
I can safely say that I'm super duper excited.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I Love our drafts...tho I gotta say, I need to learn to trust them on the day of the draft.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Leading up to the draft may be my favorite football time of the year. There's just something about the scouting, etc. The draft is an absolutely magical day for me, probably my favorite day of the year.

Here's to hoping we get Ansah or Hopkins!

Seaswab

Reaction score
I guess, can't say Irvin or crapenter are anything to slobber over

OP
OP
-The Glove-

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Seaswab":2kme1obr said:
Carpenter has had the injury bug...Irvin was a raw insane athlete that still led all rookies with sacks. I'm more excited about the later rounds anyways.

SNDavidson

Reaction score
Seaswab":lfwmdxsh said:

They drafted Russell Wilson, in the middle of the third round.

GCrow

Reaction score
Always love talking draft with you folk. This class is gonna put us over the top...Let's heat this place up!

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing what kind of playmakers they target. Hoping they identify good DL depth and a starter, too.

kearly

Reaction score
I was really excited, but the recent emerging issues on the D-line the last two weeks worry me a lot, and kind of ruin the fun. This is a great draft to grab a TE/WR in the late 1st. It's not a great draft to grab DL without a massive trade up. And I think we can safely say that isn't happening.

I pray we get Melton/Starks and that Osi/Clemons have at least one more year in the tank. I don't see a quick fix for what ails us in this draft.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
kearly":2vkrghsw said:
I was really excited, but the recent emerging issues on the D-line the last two weeks worry me a lot, and kind of ruin the fun. This is a great draft to grab a TE/WR in the late 1st. It's not a great draft to grab DL without a massive trade up. And I think we can safely say that isn't happening.

I pray we get Melton/Starks and that Osi/Clemons have at least one more year in the tank. I don't see a quick fix for what ails us in this draft.

Sutton screwed us by going back to ASU! He was going to be a perfect addition.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Earl Thomas, Walter Thurmond, Kam Chancellor, K.J. Wright, Richard Sherman, Byron Maxwell, Malcolm Smith, Bruce Irvin, Bobby Wagner, Jeremy Lane, Winston Guy, Greg Scruggs.

Russell Okung, Golden Tate, Anthony McCoy, James Carpenter, John Moffitt, Russell Wilson, Robert Turbin, J.R. Sweezy.

All starters or significant contributors. All drafted by Carroll & Schneider in the last three years.

I can't wait to see what they do in the 2013 draft.

pinksheets

Reaction score
Can't wait to watch a draft where I'm not stressing about quarterbacks.

I also am curious to see how the media handles Seattle's draft this year. Say Seattle makes a bunch of unconventional picks that don't line up with consensus draft boards.....do these guys have the balls to lambaste our draft again if it goes against their groupthink knowing how unbelievably wrong they turned out to be the last time? My guess is they don't have any balls but'll do it anyways.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
kearly":37vxjotw said:

Well that isn't encouraging.............. :( Crap.

Hopefully our run D problems are because of Red's plantar fasciatis.

OP
OP
-The Glove-

-The Glove-

Reaction score
All I know is, I became a believer in .Net the last draft. I remember around this time last year, someone posted up highlights of RW. Never following college ball, I had no idea how good he was. After watching the clips, I was sold.

Another poster (actually several posters) talked up and posted clips of Turbin and I was sold (sounds like I'm an easy sell).

Anyways before the draft, I posted on FB, "two players I really hope we draft are Russell Wilson and Robert Turbin". I looked like a damn genius to everyone.lol.

You guys definitely know your stuff though, and I've learned a lot more on here the past year about football, then my previous 15 years combined.