Redraft..If it were to be held today..

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
Redraft..If it were to be held today..
Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:36 am
  • Everyone knowing what we know now, where would Russ be drafted. My money is 5th pick, Jacksonville. (Drafted J Blackmon)..

What do you guys think? The link to the first round with 2012 selections is below.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/rounds/_/year/2012
    sumos2005
    NET Bench Warmer

• No way does he get past the Browns... they have had a top ten pick for 7 out of the last 10 years, although they moved out of the top ten by way of trades a couple times. Good reason for being up their all the time, that franchise is Hot Garbage and wastes lots of picks. Not to mention they really havn't had a quarterback of note since... well... Bernie Kosar. Yeah, definatly falls to the Browns at 3. Sad thing is, despite RW's exceptionalism that franchise would drag him down from the clouds and make him look pedestrian. That says more about the Browns than it does about RW though.
    Position Before Submission
    The only thing worse than a miss is a S L O W miss
    The Grouch
    NET Practice Squad

• It's actually pretty hard to find a team in the top-half that wouldn't take him...starting with Cleveland (#3), Minnesota (#4), Jacksonville (#5), and even Dallas (#6).
    Jac
    NET Veteran

• With everyone knowing what we know now, the Rams and Vikings would not trade away the #2 and #3 picks. The Rams would take whichever of Wilson or Griffin they like better and the Vikings would take the other.
    jewhawk
    NET Veteran

• Colts would trade him to the Rams for 5 first round picks.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

• sumos2005 wrote:Everyone knowing what we know now, where would Russ be drafted. My money is 5th pick, Jacksonville. (Drafted J Blackmon)..

My favorite part about that whole draft is that the Jaguars drafted a punter in the 3rd round, 5 picks before we took Wilson.
    JSeahawks
    * NET Moderator *

• JSeahawks wrote:
    sumos2005 wrote:Everyone knowing what we know now, where would Russ be drafted. My money is 5th pick, Jacksonville. (Drafted J Blackmon)..

My favorite part about that whole draft is that the Jaguars drafted a punter in the 3rd round, 5 picks before we took Wilson.

Hey, at least they got a lot of use out of that punter by not drafting Wilson.

You are right J, that pick is downright poetic in it's irony.
    kearly
    * Mr Random Thought *

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:45 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information