Apparently Tony Dungy thinks Kansas City should pick a QB 1#

ivotuk

Reaction score
Overall. Aaron Murray who hasn't decided if he is going to declare yet. Interesting choice, Murray is a pretty good QB but I don't see #1 overall talent there. It seems like his arm is average at best, but I haven't watched him in a while and missed the game today.

kearly

Reaction score
Murray will probably be a late round pick, unless Wilson/Manziel have created a sea change. Even then, Murray's best hope is probably the 3rd round.

CPHawk

Reaction score
bestfightstory":zdag49nl said:
Matt Flynn and our First for their First.

Deal.

:D Maybe they can throw in Charles to even it out for us. :stirthepot:

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
bestfightstory":lr121f2l said:

Deal.

I dont think Flynn is quite the franchise saver those fans have in mind...that would be a tough sell

Natethegreat

Reaction score
With Reid going to Kansas city I think they go quarterback for sure. I highly doubt they trade out of that spot. I'm betting he goes with Matt Barkley as I think he would fit Reids west coast offense well but I'm curious to hear what others think. Also does this make Flynn a hotter commodity if everyone knows that QB's will be going early even in a down year.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
They need to pick a QB, they tried that backup to starter thing and it was a failure. A rookie like Barkley probably plays better or as good as the QB play they had last season. Also, their D-Line needs work but they picked 1st round a few times already on that line, that hasn't fixed anything. It has to be a QB first or they are just punching their fan base in the nutz for the fun of it.

Fudwamper

Reaction score
I think Barkley too Nate, fits nicely. Good skill set for Reids offense.

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Me 3. Barkley would fit Reid's scheme very well. And Matt was considered a #1 pick until the Trojans play fell off and he got hurt. He can't be blamed for the failing of Lane Kiffin. It kind of reminds me of all the negative talk around Sam Bradford with his shoulder injury, he still went #1 overall and is a damn good QB.

Hawkspur

Reaction score
Now that Mel Kiper has come out and said that a QB will definitely not be taken with the #1 pick it's a near certainty. I know almost nothing about college football, and exactly nothing about Mike Glennon, asides from the fact the Kiper reckons he's the only QB with top 10 potential.

So, with the #1 pick in the 2013 NFL Draft the Kansas City Chiefs select.......Matt Barkley!

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
ivotuk":24jprgtb said:
Me 3. Barkley would fit Reid's scheme very well. And Matt was considered a #1 pick until the Trojans play fell off and he got hurt. He can't be blamed for the failing of Lane Kiffin. It kind of reminds me of all the negative talk around Sam Bradford with his shoulder injury, he still went #1 overall and is a damn good QB.

Yeh but so far he hasn't been #1 good.

BASF

Reaction score
bestfightstory":1vg7yhya said:

Deal.

If anyone is going to start crazy talk about moving up in the first few picks, can we please make it Jacksonville so we can get Star Lotulelei?

themunn

Reaction score
BASF":3lkdlzyz said:
bestfightstory":3lkdlzyz said:

Deal.

If anyone is going to start crazy talk about moving up in the first few picks, can we please make it Jacksonville so we can get Star Lotulelei?

that would cost us so so much (for comparison, Atlanta traded 1st, 2nd, 4th and 2012 1st and 4th to go from 26 to 6), but I'd love it.
I'd say it'd cost no less than our 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 2014 1st and Flynn (though they might not go for Flynn, so whatever we think his value is)

Would it be worth it? I say yes, as we're in the luxurious position of having no "needs", only "wants", and our FO have already shown the ability to pick up excellent depth players from the lower rounds (which is all we're really in need of).
Absolutely zero chance it happens though, unless we wind up picking 23rd and Lotulelei somehow falls to 5th or 6th

BASF

Reaction score
themunn":1v7utyyv said:
BASF":1v7utyyv said:
bestfightstory":1v7utyyv said:

Deal.

that would cost us so so much (for comparison, Atlanta traded 1st, 2nd, 4th and 2012 1st and 4th to go from 26 to 6), but I'd love it.
I'd say it'd cost no less than our 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 2014 1st and Flynn (though they might not go for Flynn, so whatever we think his value is)

Would it be worth it? I say yes, as we're in the luxurious position of having no "needs", only "wants", and our FO have already shown the ability to pick up excellent depth players from the lower rounds (which is all we're really in need of).
Absolutely zero chance it happens though, unless we wind up picking 23rd and Lotulelei somehow falls to 5th or 6th

I do kind of agree that it would be worth it if Lotulelei turns out to be as advertised, but I guess I should have emphasized the "Crazy Talk" portion of my previous post since I think it would be crazy to do it.

Rat

Reaction score
Murray announced that he's returning to Georgia.

Why isn't Tyler Bray getting any play for that top spot? Probably has the best physical tools of the QB prospects.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Rat":354sk206 said:
Why isn't Tyler Bray getting any play for that top spot? Probably has the best physical tools of the QB prospects.

Did you watch Bray play this season?

There's the answer to your question.

I feel for the Chiefs and Jags.. what an awful year to go 2-14.

Latest posts