Chick-Fil-A Bowl: LSU vs Clemson

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
Should be a good game with lots of prospects to watch for.

From Mocking The Draft http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-draft/ ... lemson-lsu

For LSU, the defensive prospects are the biggest story. Defensive ends Sam Montgomery and Barkevious Mingo entered the season with a ton of hype, but neither lived up to expectations this season. Montgomery was much more stiff after adding weight, and Mingo was inconsistent and had spotty production. Linebacker Kevin Minter may have emerged as the best draft prospect on LSU's defense. He's emerged as the leader of this defense. Safety Eric Reid is also one to watch. Some consider him the best safety in this class...

The Clemson offense should give the LSU defense a run for its money. Wide receivers Sammy Watkins and DeAndre Hopkins provide Clemson with two big time targets on the outside. Only [Hopkins] is draft eligible. Junior quarterback Tajh Boyd has made strides this season and is a big reason for the success of those two wideouts.

Hopkins is an obvious choice to watch for and is joining first round discussion.
Stats: 12 games. 69 receptions. 1214 yards. 17.6 avg. 62 long. 16 TDs

An underrated guy, IMO, is Clemson's QB Tajh Boyd. Not many people expect him to declare this year, but he's left the option open stating he'll wait on the draft committee grade before he decides. If Russell Wilson was a 3rd draft pick deserving of a first round, Boyd may be a 5/6 round pick, deserving of a 3rd round or better, should he come out this year.
Stats: http://espn.go.com/college-football/pla ... /tajh-boyd

Anyone else you're watching for? Any predictions? I got Clemson winning in a close one.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Yea, i'm looking forward to this game and I too think Clemson wins it. LSU doesnt have enough offense and Clemson wins the all important "who wants to be there" factor.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Dang, Sammy Watkins carted off after the first play. That SUCKS!!! One of the most fun players to watch in the country.

OP
OP
Recon_Hawk

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
My TV signals been in and out so far (damn dish network! A little snow and it turns to shit). What happen to Watkins? Out for the game?

ivotuk

Reaction score
Watkins got nailed in the backfield by Mingo at the hand off. Nobody blocked Barkevious and he landed on Sammy's ankle.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Recon_Hawk":r9flldzq said:
My TV signals been in and out so far (damn dish network! A little snow and it turns to shit). What happen to Watkins? Out for the game?

I didnt see the play cuz I turned on the TV late. I turned it on just in time to see them carting him into the locker room, looked like he was in tears. I think it was either knee or ankle, but i'm not certain.

OP
OP
Recon_Hawk

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":76pc1x8n said:
Watkins got nailed in the backfield by Mingo at the hand off. Nobody blocked Barkevious and he landed on Sammy's ankle.
Ah damn. Thanks for the update

JSeahawks

Reaction score
SeatownJay":14iaktd9 said:
I don't know the color guy's name in the broadcast booth but damn, he sounds like an LSU homer.

Yea, he was pretty much recruiting for them a little while ago. I'm not sure who it is either.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Malliciah Goodman played a great game. His stats over the past 2 years are mediocre but he may have some potential. Senior, 6'4" 270# 5th round per some sites

Latest posts