Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Tonights game further conviced me we need Ansah
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:50 pm 
* NET Nobody *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:29 pm
Posts: 7601
I think he would be a phenomenal DE and could even play some DT, getting his hands up to tip passes.

Whether we get it through FA, or in the draft, pass rush is our number one need.

_________________
RELEASE THE KRAKEN! (FREE BROWNER!)


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tonights game further conviced me we need Ansah
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:06 pm 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:52 pm
Posts: 5208
Location: Battle Ground, Washington
If he can play DT, draft him.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tonights game further conviced me we need Ansah
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:04 am 
* Mr Random Thought *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:44 am
Posts: 9828
I am pretty skeptical that we'll ever get a good pass rush so long as we have two nose tackles on the field and fail to blitz in support. Getting a better 3-tech will help, but Jason Jones is a lot like Ansah and he didn't make a huge impact this season.

To me it's very simple, either embrace the blitz or trade Bryant. I'd love to be wrong, but I don't expect I will be. No knock on Bryant, he is doing what's asked of him and doing it well, but asking for results with a Red Bryant front four is basically no different than asking for results from a 3 man rush.

When Seattle does blitz, or even shows blitz from enough places, the pass rush is actually really good. The talent is already there. I think Pete (or Bradley) just needs to wake up and using a 3-4 mentality to match their 3-4ish personnel.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tonights game further conviced me we need Ansah
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:48 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:01 pm
Posts: 1879
Location: Vancouver, Wa
I'd rather we just re-sign Jones. I think we could get him on the cheap after a down year.

(love the avatar, btw, Kearly. Funny shit! You make that?)

_________________
I got passion for my Hawks and I ain't afraid to show it


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tonights game further conviced me we need Ansah
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:41 am 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:38 pm
Posts: 5394
Location: Hagerstown, MD
kearly wrote:
I am pretty skeptical that we'll ever get a good pass rush so long as we have two nose tackles on the field and fail to blitz in support. Getting a better 3-tech will help, but Jason Jones is a lot like Ansah and he didn't make a huge impact this season.

To me it's very simple, either embrace the blitz or trade Bryant. I'd love to be wrong, but I don't expect I will be. No knock on Bryant, he is doing what's asked of him and doing it well, but asking for results with a Red Bryant front four is basically no different than asking for results from a 3 man rush.

When Seattle does blitz, or even shows blitz from enough places, the pass rush is actually really good. The talent is already there. I think Pete (or Bradley) just needs to wake up and using a 3-4 mentality to match their 3-4ish personnel.

Jones did make a difference when he was on the field. Unfortunately he wasn't healthy enough to be on the field very much for us this year and we didn't have good depth behind him.

_________________
Image
You are absolutely entitled to state your opinion whenever you wish, and I am absolutely entitled to point out the stupidity of that opinion with the same frequency.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tonights game further conviced me we need Ansah
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:56 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:44 am
Posts: 1167
Could he really be the Ansah to our pass rushing woes?

Someone had to do it, guys.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tonights game further conviced me we need Ansah
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:46 am 
NET Pro Bowler
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:38 am
Posts: 10174
Location: Vancouver, WA
Hawk Finn wrote:
Could he really be the Ansah to our pass rushing woes?

Someone had to do it, guys.

:pukeface:




:2:




Agree with you kearly that some more blitzing is an approach I'd like to see Pete take.

_________________
From the white sands
To the canyon lands
To the redwood stands
To the barren lands

Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Tonights game further conviced me we need Ansah
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:56 am 
NET Veteran
User avatar
Offline

Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:52 pm
Posts: 5208
Location: Battle Ground, Washington
Recon_Hawk wrote:
I'd rather we just re-sign Jones. I think we could get him on the cheap after a down year.

(love the avatar, btw, Kearly. Funny shit! You make that?)


No, it was on FieldGulls, he figured out how to resize it though, if I knew how to resign it I would have snapped that up! :)


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CamanoIslandJQ, Seahawksfan425, titan3131, tooshort and 19 guests

 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Seahawks.NET is an independent fan site and not associated with the Seattle Seahawks or the NFL (National Football League).
All content within this Seahawks fan page is provided by, and for, Seattle Seahawks fans. Copyright © Seahawks.NET.