Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Post subject: Tonights game further conviced me we need Ansah
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:50 pm 
* NET Nobody *

I think he would be a phenomenal DE and could even play some DT, getting his hands up to tip passes.

Whether we get it through FA, or in the draft, pass rush is our number one need.

Post subject: Re: Tonights game further conviced me we need Ansah
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:06 pm 
NET Veteran

If he can play DT, draft him.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:04 am 
* Mr Random Thought *

I am pretty skeptical that we'll ever get a good pass rush so long as we have two nose tackles on the field and fail to blitz in support. Getting a better 3-tech will help, but Jason Jones is a lot like Ansah and he didn't make a huge impact this season.

To me it's very simple, either embrace the blitz or trade Bryant. I'd love to be wrong, but I don't expect I will be. No knock on Bryant, he is doing what's asked of him and doing it well, but asking for results with a Red Bryant front four is basically no different than asking for results from a 3 man rush.

When Seattle does blitz, or even shows blitz from enough places, the pass rush is actually really good. The talent is already there. I think Pete (or Bradley) just needs to wake up and using a 3-4 mentality to match their 3-4ish personnel.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:48 am 
NET Veteran

I'd rather we just re-sign Jones. I think we could get him on the cheap after a down year.

(love the avatar, btw, Kearly. Funny shit! You make that?)

Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:41 am 
* NET Staff Alumni *
* NET Staff Alumni *

kearly wrote:
I am pretty skeptical that we'll ever get a good pass rush so long as we have two nose tackles on the field and fail to blitz in support. Getting a better 3-tech will help, but Jason Jones is a lot like Ansah and he didn't make a huge impact this season.

To me it's very simple, either embrace the blitz or trade Bryant. I'd love to be wrong, but I don't expect I will be. No knock on Bryant, he is doing what's asked of him and doing it well, but asking for results with a Red Bryant front four is basically no different than asking for results from a 3 man rush.

When Seattle does blitz, or even shows blitz from enough places, the pass rush is actually really good. The talent is already there. I think Pete (or Bradley) just needs to wake up and using a 3-4 mentality to match their 3-4ish personnel.

Jones did make a difference when he was on the field. Unfortunately he wasn't healthy enough to be on the field very much for us this year and we didn't have good depth behind him.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:56 am 
NET Veteran

Could he really be the Ansah to our pass rushing woes?

Someone had to do it, guys.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:46 am 
NET Pro Bowler

Hawk Finn wrote:
Could he really be the Ansah to our pass rushing woes?

Someone had to do it, guys.

:pukeface:

:2:

Agree with you kearly that some more blitzing is an approach I'd like to see Pete take.

To the barren lands

Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:56 am 
NET Veteran

Recon_Hawk wrote:
I'd rather we just re-sign Jones. I think we could get him on the cheap after a down year.

(love the avatar, btw, Kearly. Funny shit! You make that?)

No, it was on FieldGulls, he figured out how to resize it though, if I knew how to resign it I would have snapped that up! :)

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]