Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ    Contact Us  Your donations are greatly appreciated! Donate  Chat Room

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Post subject: Alex Okafor, where's he projected?
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:17 pm 
* NET Moderator *

5 sacks tonight against the Beavers. Is he projected to be a high draft pick as well? He'd look pretty good in blue and green.

Post subject: Re: Alex Okafor, where's he projected?
 Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:44 pm 
* Mr Random Thought *

He looks the part of an NFL DE. When they said "second or 3rd round pick" on the broadcast I kind of took a double take. At least physically, he looks like a guy that should be a lock for at least the late 1st.

Not sure if he fits the part here in Seattle though- unless he can play DT.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:57 pm 
* Report Button *

I'm with ya - when they said 2nd or 3rd my jaw dropped a bit.

However, that same network listed the Syracuse QB as a potential 1st rounder. And, he looked like Locker, with less athleticism and without playing for Sark for 2 years. I.e., 5th rounder, tops.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:25 pm 
* NET News Scoop *
* NET News Scoop *

Coulda been more a product of a bad Oregon State O-line. He's rated #6 DE on CBS Sports Draft board and #8 DE on ESPN. Not super fast...probably doesn't fit as LEO in our scheme. But he may be pretty good for someone.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:31 am 
* NET Baller *

His build kinda reminds me of Jason Jones...

So maybe he's the long term answer for Jones' position?

Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:43 am 
NET Veteran

Someone called Nassib a first round pick during a broadcast? Wow. That's pretty funny.

Thing with Okafor is... where the hell was this during the season? I've watched Texas games where he's been anonymous. It looked like Justin Smith was holding for him against Oregon State - they couldn't stop him. He looked like a top ten pick. But then he looked nowhere near this good during the season. He can't turn it on when it suits. Amazing physical potential but would've been good to see a degree of consistency.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:06 pm 
* Report Button *

theENGLISHseahawk wrote:
Thing with Okafor is... where the hell was this during the season? I've watched Texas games where he's been anonymous. It looked like Justin Smith was holding for him against Oregon State - they couldn't stop him. He looked like a top ten pick. But then he looked nowhere near this good during the season. He can't turn it on when it suits. Amazing physical potential but would've been good to see a degree of consistency.

The above can be written for any Texas draft prospect. Texas is the NEW THE Ohio State University.

Board index » SEAHAWKS.NET - THE VOICE OF THE 12TH MAN » [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]