Boise State vs Washington.. what do y'all think?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Boise State is 5 1/2 point favorites.

I'm picking Washington. And it has nothing to do with the matchup. I think bowl games are all about who wants to be there and who is more motivated to play. I think that's more important then talent and coaching when it comes to most bowl games.

If Washington had won the Apple Cup I would be picking Boise State in this game, because I would think Washington would have a hard time getting hyped to play Boise State after playing Lsu, Oregon, Stanford, etc. But since they lost the Apple Cup I think they'll be motivated to get that bitter taste out of their mouths.

Boise State meanwhile has been to the Las Vegas Bowl 3 straight years and i'm sure they were hoping to be BCS busters so I have a feeling they might have a hard time getting up for this one.

Washington 28 Boise State 24.

kearly

Reaction score
Good points.

UW has it in them to actually be a pretty good team. Sankey and the O-line has really been coming around and the defense has been a major surprise this year (until crapping the bed against WSU). Keith Price had bounced back a little before a disappointing performance in the finale.

Keep in mind too that UW has beaten a few good teams this season. Boise State, not so much. Seriously, look at their schedule. If they beat UW, it will be the best team they've beaten all season.

Speaking of which, both teams had a common opponent this year- San Diego St. Washington played like crap and still beat San Diego St. easily. Boise State lost just two games, but one of them was to San Diego St.

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Those of you who watched BYU last night will be pleased to know that the godawful BYU team (really, their offense was horrendous) lost to Boise State this year 7-6. So I don't think there is any question that with a good defensive gameplan the Huskies can shut down their offense. With even a marginal offensive performance I am certain they can score. They have a good running game and probably the best TE in the country (at least as a pure pass catcher). I think Washington's defense will do well because with that kind of time and prep they will be ready for whatever boise has to throw at them.

SEC FAN

Reaction score
I think giving Wicox this much time to prepare for a game will give the Huskies the advantage. Finally a bowl game I can get up for!

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
UW has seemed to come up short about 3 times already.....just short on tackles on the scrambling BSU QB allowing him to run for a first down and keep drive alive, just short of the 1st down when Sankey fumbled on first posession and just short of 1st down on 3rd and 12 on 2nd posession. Going to have to step up soon if they expect to win this.
Oh and God does that sunshine look good. Sigh.
EDIT: Wow Price is lucky he didn't end up with a blown out knee on that last offensive play.

ruffENrowdy

Reaction score
I'm not expecting too much from Boise.. Southwick is a HORRIBLE quarterback. I hoped all season that they would burn the redshirt off of Nick Patti. Patti will be pretty fun to watch, considering he tore up the state of Florida in high school. It will be a good game today, but GO BOISE!

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Looks like Price is continuing to regress. He looks terrible today. Huskies are in danger of being blown out here.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
SeatownJay":20avy4y2 said:
Looks like Price is continuing to regress. He looks terrible today. Huskies are in danger of being blown out here.
Agree Jay. That pick was a brutal throw. Back shoulder with the DB trailing?

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see if Sark opens the QB position for competition next year. Price has been pretty bad, and I hear pretty good things about that Miles kid you guys have.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
Not to be overshadowed by the bad QB play, but Washington's return game continues to be mediocre at best. When was the last time the Huskies had a significant kick return?

SEC FAN

Reaction score
My thing with Price is that it seems like every time I watch him play he's limping around the field. As an NFL Scout, the kid has low draft stock because he'll never stay healthy in the big leagues. I know he got rolled up on but like I said it isn't about just this game. Its like every game I see him in.

Oh and I think the Husky defense is playing alright. Yeah they gave up 6 on that one drive but overall they are playing good enough to win.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Shame about Price. After last year I had very high hopes for the kid. 0-6 on 3rd down already. Brutal. Last 3rd down he had a guy open over the middle for and easy first. It looks like he's a one read/knows where he's going before the snap type of QB.
Yeah J, it will be interesting if Sark opens up the position next year.

SeatownJay

Reaction score
SEC FAN":222yt64k said:
Oh and I think the Husky defense is playing alright. Yeah they gave up 6 on that one drive but overall they are playing good enough to win.
Except for when they borrow Seattle's defensive playcalling on 3rd & long. :evil:

Latest posts