Boise State vs Washington.. what do y'all think?

Discuss your thoughts about anything draft related. Mocks, College and Pro. Knock yourselves out!!! RATING: PG-13
  • Last years Boise team was really amazing.. They would have been in any game that they played. I mean, they had six players drafted, two of which were in the first round. Honestly, if they would have had a somewhat decent kicker, they more than likely would have been playing for the national championship. People always say that Boise is only good because they are in a weak conference.. But my gosh, the PAC-12 chose Utah and Colorado over BSU. Granted, they got an invite to the stupid Big East (which I'm pretty sure that they will try to stay in the Mtn west), they just haven't had the chance to prove themselves. Coach Pete is a very very good coach. I think he would figure out a way to stay in every game. Granted, this year they would have been killed in a good conference. Just wait until next year, when Nick Patti is starting and dominating.
    ruffENrowdy
    NET Bench Warmer

• No the Pac-12 chose Utah and Colorado because of academics. Seriously stop Boise fans. Wow you had a whole 6 players drafted? Thats routine over here. You play nobody and have crap academic standards. Accept it. I'm glad you find them amazing. I chose to watch the highest level of football and sorry but you aren't amazing. You are D2 amazing, Big Sky amazing. The real bowl games occur New years Eve.

P.S. Please schedule Alabama, Georgia, Florida, LSU, Texas A&M, and South Carolina.
    Last edited by SEC FAN on Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    SEC FAN
    NET Starter

• Something's gotta get fixed on the offense this offseason, whether its getting Miles and Price to duke it out or getting that oline in shape, its gotta happen. Huskies won't survive another year like this one and I don't even know the 2013 schedule.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• Nevermind, found out the 2013 opponents, we'll get our revenge shot at BSU in Week 1, then Illinois, I'd like to think thats a toss up, and then Idaho State and knowing how things go for teams I root for, thats the game the Huskies will lose.

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-13/pac- ... hedule.php
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• One question SECfan. How can you be a fan of a conference? Is that so you don't have to live with the highs and lows of being a fan? That's like being Sweden. Wonder if there is a NFC West fan out there someplace?
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

• Are you questioning weather or not I am a Seahawk fan?
    SEC FAN
    NET Starter

• Haha you are right. The SEC is only interested in scheduling games with U of I. My mistake man, my apologies.
    ruffENrowdy
    NET Bench Warmer

• SEC FAN wrote:Are you questioning weather or not I am a Seahawk fan?

No, didn't even cross my mind. Just how are you a fan of all the SEC, and not a team?
    CPHawk
    NET Veteran

• I moved out here 6 years ago. I have no allegiance. I lived in Federal Way/Tacoma for over 30 years.
    SEC FAN
    NET Starter

• ruffENrowdy wrote:Haha you are right. The SEC is only interested in scheduling games with U of I. My mistake man, my apologies.

Don't make yourself look stupid. Strength of schedule. Boise plays nobody and they have lower academic standards. Thanks for proving that.
    SEC FAN
    NET Starter

• Honestly man, I didn't mean to piss ya off. Just saying, Boise does try to schedule tougher games.. They have since they were in the WAC. A lot of teams do not want to play them because there is always a chance that they might get "embarrassed" from a "crap" team. In fact, because Boise had to play Hawaii in Hawaii, I'm pretty sure they had an extra game this year. Pretty sure that they wound up having two bye weeks. Not saying that the SEC is bad by any means, in fact it is no doubt the strongest conference in college, but why not pick up an extra game with Boise? There has got to be another college other than Georgia that would love for the opportunity to beat down Boise in their own house. I mean, if LSU wants to pick up a game against Idaho, why not have Alabama or Florida play BSU? I would LOVE to see Boise vs Florida, considering Florida has Boise's old OC. Pretty sure that would make for an excellent game..
    ruffENrowdy
    NET Bench Warmer

• Or there isn't enough money to be had by playing these WAC/Mountain West schools?
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• That's why U of I plays those types of games. They get nearly $1 million for each of those games that they play. Considering the geniuses running that awesome program are deciding to go independent next year, they need all the money they can get.
    ruffENrowdy
    NET Bench Warmer

• The Deep South is known as a bastion of intellectuals
    "it'd be a newborn deer" - pehawk
    Hawk Strap
    * Handsome *

• ruffENrowdy wrote:http://keepingscore.blogs.time.com/2012/12/11/the-college-football-top-25-as-ranked-by-academics/

Totally right man! Boise has HORRIBLE acedemics! Stanford must be a bunch of morons as well..

Thats just the top 25, you can't tell me anyone smart goes to or went to Oregon, c'mon man!
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• ruffENrowdy wrote:http://keepingscore.blogs.time.com/2012/12/11/the-college-football-top-25-as-ranked-by-academics/

Totally right man! Boise has HORRIBLE acedemics! Stanford must be a bunch of morons as well..

That's about the academic progress and success of the athletes, not the academic quality of the university as a whole.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

• ruffENrowdy wrote:But my gosh, the PAC-12 chose Utah and Colorado over BSU.

ruffENrowdy wrote:http://keepingscore.blogs.time.com/2012/12/11/the-college-football-top-25-as-ranked-by-academics/

I was just trying to tell you why Boise wasn't invited into the Pac-12. You made it sound like they chose Utah and Colorado over Boise. Boise made that decision for them. Boise has lower academic standards. Its been years for me but the SAT score that was acceptable when I played ball was that you had to have a 700 SAT combined with a 2.5 GPA to get into a D1 University. If the Pac-12 sets a standard at a 900 SAT and a 3.0 GPA than that is the standard. You have to achieve a certain amount of credits, etc. Just like a teammate of mine got a full ride at WSU but if he wanted to get into UW he had to go get his academics up at the JC route first. I don't know who has the worst academic standards in the Pac-12 but it used to be WSU and I think Oregon State. Obviously Boise isn't even at that level.

Thats why they didn't get an invite to the Pac-12. And for the record I don't think anyone is a moron who gets a college degree. I wasn't trying to offend anyone from Boise, I was just stating the facts.

Happy Holidays and enjoy the win.
    SEC FAN
    NET Starter

• So on Price-If Sark does not open the QB job for competion he is nuts.He really regressed this year.2 big time recruits finished redshirt seasons and one is on the way.I would open the job and let the best guy win it.

The big Boise state senior corner has a bit of a Seahawk look to him.I could see it.Cannot have enough big corners.
    canzag
    NET Veteran

• canzag wrote:So on Price-If Sark does not open the QB job for competion he is nuts.He really regressed this year.2 big time recruits finished redshirt seasons and one is on the way.I would open the job and let the best guy win it.

The big Boise state senior corner has a bit of a Seahawk look to him.I could see it.Cannot have enough big corners.

Jamar Taylor?

Is he really "BIG" like 4 of our guys are? he's 5'11, but I'd take him.
    3elieve
    Throwdown
    * NET Baller *

• If any of you think Utah and Colorado were invited to the Pac-12 for purely academic reasons, you're not paying attention. They were invited first and foremost for their TV market sizes (Colorado = Denver, Utah = Salt Lake City). Academics may have played a part, but it was NOT the main reason. Like always, money was the main reason....TV market size means more eyeballs on more TV sets means more ad revenue means more money charged for carrying the Conferences games.

SEC FAN, most of the schools in your beloved conference schedule shit opponents out of conference and when they actually don't, it's usually someone they play at home. MAJOR kudos to LSU for playing Oregon last year though, even if playing in Dullass did favor them somewhat. Now that there's going to be a playoff with a selection commitee, I think the days of schools loading up on FCS/crappy FBS schools is about over. An upset 2 point loss to say Iowa for example with an otherwise 10-1 record, I am hopeful will carry more weight with a commitee than an 11-0 record and a blowout of say Northern Iowa.

For those of you that want to see Price not be the starter next year, it sounds like the competition will be opened up from what Sark was quoted as saying in this morning's Steve Kelley column titled Keith Price's play guarantees his future isn't guaranteed. Read it here:
    http://seattletimes.com/html/stevekelle ... ley23.html
    From the white sands
    To the canyon lands
    To the redwood stands
    To the barren lands

hawksfansinceday1
    NET Pro Bowler

• hawksfansinceday1 wrote:SEC FAN, most of the schools in your beloved conference schedule shit opponents out of conference and when they actually don't, it's usually someone they play at home. MAJOR kudos to LSU for playing Oregon last year though, even if playing in Dullass did favor them somewhat. Now that there's going to be a playoff with a selection commitee, I think the days of schools loading up on FCS/crappy FBS schools is about over. An upset 2 point loss to say Iowa for example with an otherwise 10-1 record, I am hopeful will carry more weight with a commitee than an 11-0 record and a blowout of say Northern Iowa.

I don't disagree that the SEC schedule some weaker non conference teams. They pretty much have to. If you look at strength of schedule they play enough quality teams in conference. When 6 of the top 10 teams in the BCS are in your own conference, you do what you have to do. Having said that though most of them schedule one quality team with tradition. Alabama played Michigan, LSU played Washington, Florida always plays Florida State, Georgia always plays Georgia Tech, South Carolina always plays Clemson, And I think A&M have their rivalry with SMU (yes I know, not so hot after the death penalty). I know some of them get to play at home and its not worth debating but you are dead wrong about the days being over scheduling crappy teams. The selection committee isn't going to overlook anyone in the SEC because they know just getting through that conference with just 1 loss is an achievement. Just looking ahead at 2013 and Alabama has Va Tech, LSU has TCU, Florida has Florida State and Miami, Georgia has Clemson and Georgia Tech, and South Carolina has North Carolina and Clemson. Don't believe the hype. They schedule quality teams. Just like Georgia scheduled Boise State not too long ago. Some of you guys unfairly ridicule their non conference yet you schedule Eastern Washington and Portland State and your a bunch of hypocrites.

Most of the SEC fans who are highly interested love the playoff because based on the experts it sounds like more than 1 SEC team will be in the playoffs every year. We may even do away with the SEC Title Game in order to make sure we can have 2 undefeated or at least 1 undefeated and likely a 1 loss team to throw at the selection committee. And even if they continue with the SEC Title Game you may still have a team like Florida who gets into the BCS playoff since they were a 1 loss team and played 4 top 10 teams. The loser in that scenario is the team who loses in the SEC Title Game like Georgia did because it gave them a 2nd loss.
    SEC FAN
    NET Starter

Previous

It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:57 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE NCAA FOOTBALL & PRO DRAFT FORUM ]

Information